• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Tavern alert

Vesiger

Monarch
Proposal:
Have the game give an alert when your tavern is full, similar to the ones already generated when troops or goods are ready for collection or the FP bar is full.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
The tavern has only just been introduced: N/A

Reason:
To alert the player to clear his tavern so that other people can visit it.

Details:
I don't know if the alert system even exists outside the mobile app: currently, FoE can generate a notification for certain events. I suggest that having a full tavern could be one of them. Goods/FP production can at least be predicted by looking at the clock, but tavern visits by other players can happen at any time and with any frequency.
I have to admit I'm chiefly motivated by my repeated experience of leaving the game 'just a little bit longer' in the hopes of filling the table fully before I collect from it, then forgetting all about it and realising that the tavern has been full for hours!

Visual Aids:
None, sorry.

Balance:
This might give an unfair advantage to mobile players over browser players if the alert system doesn't exist for the latter. It would certainly mean fewer random visits to the game to check up on the tavern, which from the developers' point of view might be a bad thing.
On the other hand, I'm not sure it would be more of an advantage than the existing alerts for collecting productions, which don't prevent people missing collections anyway!

Abuse Prevention:
The alert only goes off once, and the system only shows the most recent alert; if you miss it, you miss it.

Summary:
Generate system alert when the tavern table is full.

DeletedUser110168

+1 butt...
Have the game give an alert when your tavern is full, similar to the ones already generated when troops or goods are ready for collection or the FP bar is full.
On mobile I don't get any type of alerts from the app anyway, I have submitted tickets and the reply is always to just reinstall the entire app... that's ridiculous...
So perhaps Inno should fix that first 8-)

Vesiger

Monarch
On mobile I don't get any type of alerts from the app anyway
On Android there's a feature that allows you to disable alerts on a per-app basis (under Settings->Apps->Forge of Empires->Show notifications). Have yours accidentally been disabled via this route?

DeletedUser110195

There was actually another idea regarding this, not sure if it's still on the front page but it proposed to move the counter to the status bar, next to the happiness icon. That would have the same effect of letting players know when they need to empty their table at a glance.

Vesiger

Monarch
There was actually another idea regarding this, not sure if it's still on the front page but it proposed to move the counter to the status bar, next to the happiness icon. That would have the same effect of letting players know when they need to empty their table at a glance.
The mobile system alert feature gives you a notification when you have a different app open - or when you're not looking at the device at all. An icon that is only visible in-game doesn't help much if you don't spend hours in front of a desktop with multiple browser windows...

DeletedUser110195

The mobile system alert feature gives you a notification when you have a different app open - or when you're not looking at the device at all. An icon that is only visible in-game doesn't help much if you don't spend hours in front of a desktop with multiple browser windows...
After sitting here reading your reply I think I misunderstood the proposal. Did you mean to have a notification sent to your phone when the tavern is full?

DeletedUser110195

Ahh ok, that makes sense, I'd understood it as having something flash on the screen telling you. +1

DeletedUser110168

On Android there's a feature that allows you to disable alerts on a per-app basis (under Settings->Apps->Forge of Empires->Show notifications). Have yours accidentally been disabled via this route?
Just checked, yes the little box to show notifications is indeed checked :)

joesoap

Major-General
i get a notification telling me to collect my silver when my beta tavern is full so maybe it just hasnt got to the live servers yet

DeletedUser109790

I hate this alert. I cannot turn it off (there is no option in the message settings), and it does not respect the "Do not disturb" time on my Android device.

DeletedUser109385

hell no I hate having these kind of alerts because they are annoying as hell-1