• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Bug: Tangled Fins remains Unlocked, no scouting option.

TiaanR

Private
Help!,

I might have been playing FoE for a couple of years, however, I cant seem to figure out where I went wrong. I have managed to get past Tangled fins on the Continent Map, unlocked my submarine, and cruising everywhere else. Tangled Fins Quest remains undone. I've spent weeks just continuing to unlock provinces, in search of this "Tangled Fins" no luck. Had to google it to see where it is. Unsure if this might just be an iPad problem. I do see way less than my buddies playing on PC.
20210708_091243000_iOS_LI.jpg

Attachments

• 20210708_091859000_iOS_LI.jpg
    20210708_091859000_iOS_LI.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 415

Emberguard

Legend
99% sure this is not a bug: Scout can only be occupied with a single task at a time. If you are already scouting somewhere then all scouting options will disappear until the scout has finished with their current task.

Please make sure your scout is available to start another scouting venture and then go to Tangled Fins

TiaanR

Private
99% sure this is not a bug: Scout can only be occupied with a single task at a time. If you are already scouting somewhere then all scouting options will disappear until the scout has finished with their current task.

Please make sure your scout is available to start another scouting venture and then go to Tangled Fins

Nope,

I had no scouts for a couple of times during the past months i've been hunting this "Tangled Fins"

I just visited a friend now as I feel like quitting this game not being able to resolve this issue. AND GUESS WHAT? it showed up as scout able (Greyed out of course as I had a scout out, as per your reasoning) It has now scouted in reverse, first time ive seen that as well. I have dropped some diamonds just to speed up the other scout. and every thing works fine. What would your next suggestion be. Buy a Desktop PC so I can play the game?

So my response to you, please look at the previous attached pic, and you wont see any Scout option! therefore my "Bug Comment"

Emberguard

Legend
have dropped some diamonds just to speed up the other scout.
There isn’t a “other scout”. There’s only a single scout. If you’re dropping diamonds to finish their current task then that means I was correct: you were already scouting somewhere at the time of checking Tangled Fins

What would your next suggestion be. Buy a Desktop PC so I can play the game?
No. You have one scout. That scout can do one action at a time. Buying a PC changes nothing aside from displaying the same info in a different format. All you need to do is find your scout, wait for it to finish its current task and then scout the area you need to scout

Edit:
So my response to you, please look at the previous attached pic, and you wont see any Scout option! therefore my "Bug Comment"
That's not a bug, but given your comment it does bring a potential improvement to mind.

Perhaps instead of making the scouting options disappear when scouting they could display something that says "scout unavailable" or "scout occupied" or something

Last edited:

TiaanR

Private
No, you remain incorrect! Maybe I should write an essay:

• I managed to complete Stage 2 of Oceanic Future, without unlocking Tangled Fins (20th Province), Submarine was unlocked, and I moved on to Stage 3 (did I mention, without unlocking "Tangled Fins). There was NO scouting option on "Tangled Fins” (that little goldish rectangular block with the diamond value and telescope) on Tangled Fins.
  • I completed Oceanic Future Continent (Parts 3-5) and still no scouting option ever reflected on Tangled Fins which is in Stage 2 (With my scout at home or out scouting there was no option to scout Tangled fins. (ON THE iPAD)
  • I then proceeded to complete Oceanic Future Continent (Part 6)
  • Still wondering where this Tangled Fins would magically pop up so I could scout/finish it) I actually started Virtual Future Stage 1. Still Tangled fins remains un scout able (Just for in case I was not clear. NOT a GREYED out scouting option as my one and only scout was out and scouting about) I sent my little scout out to the PVP Tournament province, took all those little provinces, and scouted "End of the Void", the second option in Virtual Future Stage 1.
  • It was right there that I had a sense of humour failure and googled “Tangle Fins’ looked again for the 10004th time. No scout option. Decided I was finished with this game, and went to my buddies house to visit & vent and wish him luck with his game.
  • Whaooooo without doing anything else than logging into a Desktop PC, poof! There was a greyed out scouting option on “Tangled Fins”. (As my one and only scout was out having a blast scouting "End of Void" My buddy told me I was stupid, logged off the Desktop PC, re logged in onto my iPAD, and yeah, you don’t get it, I know, being a legend and all. No scouting option. Not a greyed out one, nada, nothing, just a blank block in the shape of “Tangled Fins”
  • My buddy cracked himself up and advised I raise a “BUG Report” which we did.
  • Logged back onto the Desktop, dropped the diamonds and scouted the province as it reflected as scout able on the DESKTOP PC, now everything looks fine, except that for the first time in 4 years of playing this game, my scout is actually scouting in reverse from where I selected.
  • Your explanation is irrelevant on this issue, do you perhaps know any other people that might be able to explain if I skipped a step somewhere, how I managed to get past "Tangled Fins", and proceed until the Virtual Future with no option to scout "Tangled fins" on my iPAD, but it was available on a Desktop PC.
  • "Did you know you only have one scout" was extremely unhelpful, please check that attachment, you will see that even with a scout out, other scoutable provinces have a little greyed out option to scout. (Which, If I have not made myself clear, was not the case with Tangled Fins", which only reflected as scoutable on a DESKTOP PC, not on a iPAD)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 169

Emberguard

Legend
please check that attachment
The latest attachment you gave shows your scout was already in the process of scouting and therefore wouldn't be able to display the scouting option on the iPad (see the arrow down the bottom? That's the trajectory of the scouts current action).

unknown.png

Whaooooo without doing anything else than logging into a Desktop PC, poof! There was a greyed out scouting option on “Tangled Fins
Yeah... the key bit here being that it was greyed out due to the scout being in use. The game was trying to tell you the scout wasn't available to scout.

Logged back onto the Desktop, dropped the diamonds
Now at this point you should have logged out of the PC and back into the Ipad, it would have been visible.

Unfortunately if there were a bug you already pressed scout and therefore can't check the Ipad to confirm it
and scouted the province as it reflected as scout able on the DESKTOP PC

Desktop Display:

Scout not currently in use:
unknown.png

Scout currently scouting:
unknown.png

Mobile Display:

Scout currently scouting
image0.png

If it were not displaying correctly and wanted to report it as a bug, then instead of scouting on PC it would have been better to leave the game as it is and put in a support ticket. That way support would be able to check the system and confirm what the game is doing on your end with the "bug" being active instead of retroactively when it's impossible to confirm it ever existed unless someone comes across whatever you describe

TiaanR

Private
I have only managed to finally scout and clear "Tangled Fins" which is in the OCEANIC Future Stage 2 now, yet I have already started on Virtual Future.
How did the game allow me to get though OCEANIC FUTURE Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 5, Stage 6 and right into the Virtual Future without completing TANGLED FINS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight of ICE

Forum rules

- Treat each other with respect and remain polite. You are welcome to disagree with someone however it must be done in a respectful manner. Derogatory and insulting posts will be removed. Continued removal of such posts may result in forum privileges being suspended or removed.

- Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum, including reputation, profiles and private messages.

- Links to or discussions of third party apps or other sites are not allowed.

I have only managed to finally scout and clear "Tangled Fins" which is in the OCEANIC Future Stage 2 now, yet I have already started on Virtual Future.
How did the game allow me to get though OCEANIC FUTURE Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 5, Stage 6 and right into the Virtual Future without completing TANGLED FINS.

You were allowed to go through Oceanic Future and Virtual Future cause the game allows you to do so. You do not have to conquer every province before you move on.