• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Tables Turning, Sinking Feeling?

Who do you think will hold onto first place in the future?

• Synergy Factor

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Terrain Titans

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Tables Turning, Sinking Feeling?

For those unfamiliar with Sinerania, right off the bat Synergy Factor have been the clear leaders and Terrain Titans have safely been second. After that, well, that changes with each round of GBG. Sinerania is still quite young which means that GBG has a bigger influence on the ranks, especially for mid-tier guilds whose prestige and guild power is almost solely derived from GBG. SF and TT do have a sizeable GvG holding though which really separates them from the rest, and at first SF kept a healthy lead in GBG just like GvG... but not any more.

Lets compare the guilds:
Synergy Factor
Guild​
Terrain Titans
35,656​
Prestige​
30,106​
32​
Level​
28​
68​
Members​
77​
Platinum (several rounds)​
League​
Platinum (first round)​
Gisklerific​
Leader​
Britt the third​
112​
Top 1 Days​
0​

SF have kept more or less the same lineup since the start of the world, but TT have had a more enthusiastic recruitment strategy, including about a dozen former WS players. If we look at the top player ranks, 6 of the top 7 are in SF with TT's Sierra Sola in 3rd being the exception.

GBG
Due to SF being ranked a league above the rest, it means each round has involved the top 5 guilds, typically the bottom three don't make it to the top BG next round due to the MMR gains of winning a lower league. Having said that, guilds like TT, LS and NR have found themselves frequently fighting at the top.

The first rounds of GBG went more or less as everyone expected with SF winning, and few serious deals forming. Some guilds like TT wanted to take on SF no matter what, LS instead tried having a truce with SF to secure 2nd place and the majority of the mid-tier guilds either gave up or got swept away, leaving SF safe to get a win each round... but the cracks were starting to form early.

In round 3 SF faced off against TT and WS. TT tried to ease off WS in the hope that the two of them would become natural allies against SF, but it wasn't to be and the Wolves instead sunk their fangs into the Titans to secure second place for themselves.

Round 4 saw SF and LS on opposite sides of the map with a truce to not cross the middle. This left NR fighting LS and WS fighting SF and the truce looked rock hard... and then it cracked. LS broke the deal, some say it was players just attacking without reading orders, others say it was LS players wanting to lash out against SF. Either way, the truce broke. It was too late to change the outcome of round 4, but this was the last time SF would have it easy.

Round 5 saw TT and LS - the two strongest rivals of SF - together again in Platinum and things went differently. They teamed up and delivered and pushed SF down to 3rd. Remember that while 3rd (out of 5) doesn't increase MMR/Prestige, it doesn't drop it either. It wasn't what happened to SF that was important, two more important things happened. 1) TT got a nice boost to help close the gap and 2) TT and LS would stay in Platinum next round to do it all again.

Round 6 - this time it wasn't just TT and LS, but NR and KIS joined in on the act too. SF realised their energies would be better placed elsewhere and stepped back taking last place.

The invincible had fallen.

So what happens now in GBG?
Gisklerific from SF had this to say about future rounds:

"We approach the game with long term goals in mind. Winning or losing some GBG rounds matters little, it’s not worth spending all our troops and goods on a marginally better reward. We are always open to negotiating with anyone and will stick to the letter of any deals we make. I just think most have made up their minds about who we are and what our intentions are."

That last line echos a sentiment that anyone familiar with the top has felt. Are SF arrogant? Are they just looking out for themselves? Or are they playing the same game as the rest of us, and the hate just comes from them being in the top spot?

Future rounds of GBG will be interesting, given the results it should be more or less the same, maybe with KIS replaced by another mid-tier guild like Shadow Assassins (formerly WS and TPS). From talking to the leaders, there don't seem to be any long term alliances, rather short term truces to focus on SF for now, but what if SF find an ally? What if cracks form between TT and LS?

XxFloxX from NR had this to say on the matter:

"My feeling is they have the lead and they are treading water once they can all pull together they will wipe the board."

Where does this lead?
The language used gets uglier and uglier by the day. SF have won many rounds of GBG, but haven't won many friends. So what happens beyond GBG? If other guilds continue to team up and beat SF in GBG will SF spill the fighting out into GvG to make up lost ground? Surely in the higher ages SF could out-muscle TT and any allies they have.

I asked Gisklerific from SF about this and got this reply:

"Currently we have an agreement with TT, well Sierra, that we’ll leave each other alone in GvG. The maps are still mostly open and there’s plenty of room."

When asked about the possibility of SF declaring war in GvG, Britt the third from TT had this to say:

"SF have already been working hard on their GvG land to make up the prestige difference to remain first. We play this game day to day to have fun and meet new people. We love our little group of TTs and we will work together to handle SF as needed."

It sounds like GvG war is unlikely... for now, there's a lot to lose for anyone involved, but there's one very significant thing to win.

The crown.

Thanks for reading, I am not in either SF or TT so a lot of information is second hand and I may have interpreted it incorrectly. If there is a mistake, please let me know and I will try to correct it. Thanks to Gisklerific, Britt the third, XxFloxX, Venus the Proud and anyone else who helped with the article and information (os, Godisgood).

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
TT, SF title, that wordplay ;)

Good to see another write up from you! And man do I love reading the Gisk excuses :D They spent thousands and thousands of goods in round six on buildings, they were trying hard those two days, even building a statue, the next level point increase building. Started losing and then gave up. :?

Looking forward to the next fight! And really, prestige/GVG is always lead early by paying players, things even out later when free players catch up, soon as free players hit future paying players have no advantage.

SF wanted everyone to hate them, they got what they wanted, they should be happy 8-)

DeletedUser111369

That's a good writing indeed! We definitely want more. Like a regular Sinerania newsletter would be wicked cool :blush:

Giskler

Legend
TT, SF title, that wordplay ;)

Good to see another write up from you! And man do I love reading the Gisk excuses :D They spent thousands and thousands of goods in round six on buildings, they were trying hard those two days, even building a statue, the next level point increase building. Started losing and then gave up. :?

Looking forward to the next fight! And really, prestige/GVG is always lead early by paying players, things even out later when free players catch up, soon as free players hit future paying players have no advantage.

SF wanted everyone to hate them, they got what they wanted, they should be happy 8-)
I hate to break it to you, but those few buildings didn't dent our treasury. We have also never set out to have everyone hate us. You are reading too much into things and inventing a narrative to fit your point of view.

Also this paying/non-paying players thing is getting a bit trite and ridiculous. TT is where it is atm because of a paying player, without Sierra, your prestige would be half of what it is now. This is why I mainly just talk to Sierra in TT because she at least is sensible.

Sierra Sola

Private
Thanks for the article
a few things from me...
1. TT is lead by a group of 6 council members who discuss decisions and issues together, no single person is more important than the others. These 6 bring different perspectives on the game and this ensures we do what is right for the guild. GBG is no different, we have a team of leaders who discuss and decide strategy together ...obviously this is working well.
2. The point about SF building siege camps, flags, towers or whatever at the start was to demonstrate that they were trying hard for the first day or two...but then just gave up. It’s a long season and giving up that fast was a disappointment for us. We like a fight!
3. TT is a strong team oriented guild. We are not overly excitable children...lol....but we sure do enjoy this game and we sure do have FUN :) Every day we chat and laugh together, we work together and we help each other. That‘s the atmosphere we provide ... might not be for everyone (cough cough ... too serious players for example) but I’m certainly loving it and I think the TTs are as well!

Final note: TT and SF will be battling again. I am hoping they give us a fight next time. :)

Giskler

Legend
Thanks for the article
a few things from me...
1. TT is lead by a group of 6 council members who discuss decisions and issues together, no single person is more important than the others. These 6 bring different perspectives on the game and this ensures we do what is right for the guild. GBG is no different, we have a team of leaders who discuss and decide strategy together ...obviously this is working well.
2. The point about SF building siege camps, flags, towers or whatever at the start was to demonstrate that they were trying hard for the first day or two...but then just gave up. It’s a long season and giving up that fast was a disappointment for us. We like a fight!
3. TT is a strong team oriented guild. We are not overly excitable children...lol....but we sure do enjoy this game and we sure do have FUN :) Every day we chat and laugh together, we work together and we help each other. That‘s the atmosphere we provide ... might not be for everyone (cough cough ... too serious players for example) but I’m certainly loving it and I think the TTs are as well!

Final note: TT and SF will be battling again. I am hoping they give us a fight next time. :)
I said some, you know you have people with problems behaving in public lol

Just to clarify my position a little here. I have good relationships with the leaders of all of the guilds involved and honestly have no allegiance for one over another (except my own of course, everyone else sucks ::cool::. Seriously though, it's hard to report on a contentious issue without stirring some trouble, but as LT Death said, it gives some flavour to the game and makes it a bit more interesting.

I will admit though that all the leaders I interviewed, I asked a leading question about this spilling into an all out war (cause that would be really exciting), but everyone was reserved and didn't blow it out of proportion. I think that to me showed that while people may get worked up at times, no-one is going completely nuts about it.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Tell you what, this looks like to be a great GBG already, I see SF has already spent 30,000 goods+ and diamonds on buildings in just 3 area's, be good if this keeps up, Inno needs to fund their next holiday :D So many of us chasing mid! Yeah!! lets go! :D

Last edited:

Giskler

Legend
Tell you what, this looks like to be a great GBG already, I see SF has already spent 30,000 goods+ and diamonds on buildings in just 3 area's, be good if this keeps up, Inno needs to fund their next holiday :D So many of us chasing mid! Yeah!! lets go! :D
9000, but I see math isn't your strong suit.

DeletedUser113125

This is funny! I assume it’s satire? I was in SF, there was good banter and friendly helpful players, as I’m sure there is in TT and other active guilds. Most people care about getting event buildings, getting Arcs up, winning stuff as they do in all guilds. GBG is fun as it gives good rewards. SF probably does have more guild goods as it has a lot of Arcs, are you saying that they can’t spend those goods unless they brought enough for everyone? It’s always better when active guilds are on good terms and I hope this will be the case on S. I’ve been in plenty of guilds over several worlds and I have found @Gisklerific to be friendly, helpful and generous. He wants his guild and guildmates to do well and it shows in how the guild is doing.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I'm just having fun ;), From what I've seen of Gisk so far though, is he is incredibly boring and way to easy of a target to get him to post exactly what I want him to post, which makes it even less fun however, lol. Oh well, at least it might be an interesting GBG! Some good guilds contending! :) Maybe SF won't come dead last again <3

DeletedUser113125

I'm just having fun ;), From what I've seen of Gisk so far though, is he is incredibly boring and way to easy of a target to get him to post exactly what I want him to post, which makes it even less fun however, lol. Oh well, at least it might be an interesting GBG! Some good guilds contending! :) Maybe SF won't come dead last again <3
Sorry, my comment was for @Antonia the Builder. I hadn’t read what you wrote.