• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Swords and Sorcery Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3315

Spoiler in case you don't want to know what the quest involves!

Princess Myciena quest - Surely this quest is in the wrong time and with a massively distorted reward (and by that i mean no where near the effort) the fact this is a mandatory quest and cannot be skipped is crazy.

The quest asks you to gather 60,000 supplies and have 2 libraries and 2 academies. I am half way through the tech tree in CA and only have a couple of sectors of grand gap to conquer with the last land being scouted now. I already have 6 libraries to give me the required happiness and have recently unlocked trading companies yet now i HAVE to build two academies. To do this i will need to delete two libraries to accommodate the academies so total cost to complete this quest:

Sell 2 libraries (lose 121500 gold and 166667 supplies when i sell the buildings)
Build 2 academies (230000 gold and 222000 supplies)

Total cost 351500 gold and 388667 supplies!!!! Not to mention the roughly 45 hrs it is going to take for me to save up enough gold/supplies. And what do i receive for completing this task? 6 paper and 6 wire - really??? I make wire so that takes 4 hrs and costs 2400 g/s (ok a little more as its 6 not 5) and paper which i can trade with my guild mates at low cost (but that i actually don't need as i already have enough to complete the tech tree)

Not only that but why on earth when i'm halfway through the CA tech tree would i not build trading companies if i needed more happiness anyway.

Crazy! There definitely needs to be an option to skip this quest added.

DeletedUser3157

Yes this is tough one. I got it few weeks ago as well and decided just to "skip" it. In a sense that I simply won't do it yet, I will check into it again in a month or so after I have finished CA tech tree and stocked a few mil extra coins and supplies, I got better things to do right now than burn half a mil of each just for a quest.

DeletedUser

Hey RitzyD,

The Princess Myciena questline is a second main questline, but one that is focused on the LMA Treasure Area, south of the LMA Provinces (a bonus area implemented with the release of the Colonial Age).
So these quests are actually LMA quests, making the CA rewards they give pretty valuable should you do them early.

In your case (being deeper into the CA), these quests are a bit redundant, yes.

- L

DeletedUser

Crazy! There definitely needs to be an option to skip this quest added.

Indeed.
These quests by Princess Myciena were supposed to be optional, and therefore should've had that skip/abort button.

As a temporary solution (so this may be changed at a later date) we will close any quest by her for you, just contact us through a ticket (right-click on your village screen, choose support, proceed from there). :D

Please note that you will get NO reward for manually closed quests though!

Note: Please add the name of the quest in your ticket for easy reference. Thank you!

Edit: I have crossed out the above mentioned temporary solution as this is no longer possible. The quests given by Princess Myciena are now considered storyline, and can no longer by skipped or aborted by contacting support.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3315

I kinda figured that this questline for the boosted area's must normally be available once players are in LMA so it makes more sense - noted regarding closing quests where necessary though!

DeletedUser1176

Indeed.
These quests by Princess Myciena were supposed to be optional, and therefore should've had that skip/abort button.

As a temporary solution (so this may be changed at a later date) we will close any quest by her for you, just contact us through a ticket (right-click on your village screen, choose support, proceed from there). :D

Please note that you will get NO reward for manually closed quests though!

Note: Please add the name of the quest in your ticket for easy reference. Thank you!

I'm stuck in this quest as well and since I'm close to finish the colonial era its pointless to build 2 library and 2 academy.

By my understanding, you are offering a way to skip this quest by support... is that right? Or your offer is to "block/remove" all quest given by the princess at once?

DeletedUser6965

I kinda figured that this questline for the boosted area's must normally be available once players are in LMA so it makes more sense - noted regarding closing quests where necessary though!

absolutely correct. U get these questline, when u finished the LMA questline. --> It's rubbish.

DeletedUser653

In game support ticket submitted (thanks Pendragon)

My cost is even higher as I have to delete diamond palaces to get the room and then spend 800k resources. so thats about £6 a palace (500 diamonds from memory) plus a months worth of collecting resources!

Seriously there have been so many quests I have skipped in CA I think i skipped more then i did. The main reason I was already past the stage of the game it referred to and in many cases had already upgraded buildings past the ones they wanted me to build. So its not just a button but a major rethink about when the quests come up. I know theres been the odd silly one but in CA at least 50% (in my case) were so useless I skipped them and remember 30% were just given to me or were so simple it was silly, so I am guessing that only 20% of the CA quests were aimed at my correct level.

DeletedUser

By my understanding, you are offering a way to skip this quest by support... is that right? Or your offer is to "block/remove" all quest given by the princess at once?

The (temporary) offer is to skip ONE quest (at a time) - not the whole quest line at once.

There may be some very nice ones among these optional quests! Surely, you wouldn't want to skip everything? :)

At HRC:

I agree that the timing of these (all?) quests needs some readjustments... or is that the understatement of the day? :)

DeletedUser653

Proof that mods do have a funny side

At HRC:

I agree that the timing of these (all?) quests needs some readjustments... or is that the understatement of the day? :)

I think Pendragons offer to skip the single quest is all thats needed at this time, most of the rest of the rubbish have abort options and can be skipped by player. As you say there are a few nice coins and resouces for those players who still need wire etc, for the rest of us we can collect or skip.

Is it possible to check if this thread has the right tags against it so someone will find it easy. ie Swords and Sorcery Quest, Princess Myciena quest, 2 libraries and 2 academies. thanks

DeletedUser9252

Would it be better if after giving a quest like this, building 2 libraries and 2 academies, the server would check your city and credit it to the quest if your city already has the buildings required? Another annoying quest line is the gain happiness by 800, 1000 points. I'm at the end of LMA age, and every square of my city is accounted for including happiness, I don't need the 800 or 1000 happiness points or the room for it.

DeletedUser7719

Welcome to the forums toady9! I agree with you; half of these quest (in general) will be something that I already have or something I don't need, I want to really skip them all (except for the researcher, military guy, and the jester)

DeletedUser

I quite enjoy the quests even if some of them are expensive.

I tend to do all of them at this point for the fun of it and because I fear that Ill miss a nice one dependent on the one I would skip and thus close an entire quest line with.

I have a different but related question, though.

Im some ways into the Mycenia questline. - Not really sure how far, but by the phrasing of the last few quests as well as ponderings in my guild, Im starting to wonder whether refusing this quest will open a different questline that will take me through a slightly different story....?

The current one is called CHOOSE! The Kaiserin is finally caught and I have a "choice" of how to execute her. From the urgings of Mycenia, the real choice seems to be whether I should kill her at all or be merciful. - So if I refuse this quest and thus save the head of the Kaiserin, will it open a different story line that I wouldnt see otherwise?

Right off, I wouldnt think so, but on the other hand a diverging point where you can choose different roads sounds quite interesting.

DeletedUser6965

[...]

The current one is called CHOOSE! The Kaiserin is finally caught and I have a "choice" of how to execute her. From the urgings of Mycenia, the real choice seems to be whether I should kill her at all or be merciful. - So if I refuse this quest and thus save the head of the Kaiserin, will it open a different story line that I wouldnt see otherwise?
[...]
Try and find out ^^

There are 4 quests like this. I did 2 of them and refused 2 of them. in my second world I did 1 and refused 3.
There were no differences between the questlines.

But I don't know, if there is a difference if u do all or refuse all of them.. I think not. But u could refuse/do all of them and then tell me which quests u got after the 4th ;)
This questline of the "bonus-provinces" includes exactly 40 quests.

DeletedUser

Okay.

Ill do all of them then.

Which is the 4th?

Edit:

Got The Siege after the above CHOOSE!

Its With King Darkblood, scout and infiltrate.

DeletedUser2770

maybe a 50diamond abort button?
in some worlds, i spent lots of time to perfect my city layout, then some of storyline quests come, treathening to undo/redo all those timeconsuming , resource expensive reshuffling just to build something, i really dont need anymore
would gladly pay some diamonds to be overwith those!

DeletedUser9815

Well I want too skip my task, and with the easter bar up as well is doing my head right in, what a waste.....not a chance am i going too build 4 bloody huge cultural buildings, what was the point of me getting the G.B's....O, i know...I will just deleate them coz some task that there is no skip button for, is doing me head in, lol....know i can't back track down me tec tree coz of blondie!

Status
Not open for further replies.