• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Support Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1032

The support star seems to be working fine for buildings that get polished, but it does not appear over buildings that get motivated. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I've had couple of my guildmates motivate my buildings and no star showed up over any of my resource buildings. However, I did get an event message that something got motivated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The star will only appear above happiness buildings - you won't see them over supply or residential buildings.

Having said that, I do remember this was discussed before (I've tried to find the thread back but failed there), yet I'm now not sure if there was ever made a proper idea out of it, to have this implemented as well.
If you like, you could still do that, in the idea section of course, and don't forget to use the correct template, which you can find here (click) . :)

DeletedUser1081

as Pendragon says, it seems to be deliberate. in most cities there are way more residences and supply buildings than happiness structures, and i think there would simply be way too many bouncing stars if they appeared over all kinds of buildings.

you can see that a supply building or residence has been motivated by scrolling over it. the "expected amount" that the mouseover shows is double the usual amount.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, this is intentional, and I agree with Mink that if it was the case that we received stars over motivated buildings, we would have so many stars floating that we could not see the map, lol. Perhaps they could add something like a small gold star on your building if it was motivated though, perhaps on the door of the building, or something. Anyway, this is not a bug, thanks for reporting though.

DeletedUser1032

as Pendragon says, it seems to be deliberate. in most cities there are way more residences and supply buildings than happiness structures, and i think there would simply be way too many bouncing stars if they appeared over all kinds of buildings.

you can see that a supply building or residence has been motivated by scrolling over it. the "expected amount" that the mouseover shows is double the usual amount.

When someone polishes my buildings, I usually end up with about two or three floating stars. If someone motivated my buildings instead, I would also end up with about two or three floating stars.

As for scrolling over my resource buildings, I got about fifty of them. I don't think I'm gonna be scrolling over all of them just to find the one that has been motivated. I thought that's what the stars were there for.

DeletedUser

If someone motivated my buildings instead, I would also end up with about two or three floating stars.

I don't think this is possible.
Are you sure the stars are floating above your resource buildings and not some decoration tucked behind it?

- Lodroth

DeletedUser1081

I don't think this is possible.
Are you sure the stars are floating above your resource buildings and not some decoration tucked behind it?

Lodroth, if I understand TerraAnt's "if" statement properly, s/he means that s/he's imagining what it would be like if motivated buildings got stars the same way polished structures now do.

If one's guild and neighbours are not very into cleaning/cheerleading, it might indeed not be too distracting. Some players belong to actively civic-minded guilds and/or neighbours, and all those bouncing stars would just be too much. Maybe the motivated buildings' windows could glow, or there could be extra people in the animation or something.

DeletedUser

Thanks for everyone's help in the matter, however, this is not a bug, but TerraAnt, if you feel so strongly about it, make an idea out of it in the ideas section, but be sure to use the template provided.

Thanks for playing Forge of Empires.

Status
Not open for further replies.