• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Supplies

DeletedUser114093

Just a thought - when polishing and motivating we are awarded coins for doing so.

Can the game designers tweak the program to award 'coins' when 'polishing' and 'supplies' when 'motivating'?

Both commodities are needed in equal proportion to advance the city, but it seems coins are more bountiful as we also get them through 'rents' on buildings, whereas supplies are few and far between.

DeletedUser96901

already suggested

Both commodities are needed in equal proportion to advance the city
no they are not needed in equal proportion

or do you pay 50% of the scout with supplies ?
and 50% of expansions with supplies ?

infiltrating is also done with coins only

Agent327

Overlord
An Australian man comes to Oregon during the great gold rush knowing of a location where tons of gold has yet to be discovered. Keeping it as secretive as possible, he comes alone and needs to hire help as he arrives. He heads to the local bar where many of the miners spend their evenings. He has many conversations with people looking for a group of skilled men he can trust. He eventually hires a massive Englishman strong enough to move rocks and dirt quicker than any other man. He also hires an Irishman skilled with explosives. Lastly, he hires a Chinaman who has connections throughout town and can get anything they need. He gathers them all in his office and tells each of them their jobs. The Englishman to remove any debris in the way. The Irishman is to carefully blow holes to reach the gold. And finally, the Chinaman is in charge of the supplies. The boss arrives at the site the next day and he sees the Englishman and the Irishman having a cup of tea. ''Have you finished the work already?'' he asks. The workers both shake their heads and tell him that the Chinaman didn't bring them any wheelbarrows, axes, or explosives. The boss is infuriated by this and asks the workers if they have seen the Chinaman. They tell him they thought they saw him hanging around the truck. So the boss sets out towards the truck and just as he is getting close to the truck the Chinaman jumps out from behind a wall and yells, "SUPPLIES!"

An Australian man comes to Oregon during the great gold rush knowing of a location where tons of gold has yet to be discovered. Keeping it as secretive as possible, he comes alone and needs to hire help as he arrives. He heads to the local bar where many of the miners spend their evenings. He has many conversations with people looking for a group of skilled men he can trust. He eventually hires a massive Englishman strong enough to move rocks and dirt quicker than any other man. He also hires an Irishman skilled with explosives. Lastly, he hires a Chinaman who has connections throughout town and can get anything they need. He gathers them all in his office and tells each of them their jobs. The Englishman to remove any debris in the way. The Irishman is to carefully blow holes to reach the gold. And finally, the Chinaman is in charge of the supplies. The boss arrives at the site the next day and he sees the Englishman and the Irishman having a cup of tea. ''Have you finished the work already?'' he asks. The workers both shake their heads and tell him that the Chinaman didn't bring them any wheelbarrows, axes, or explosives. The boss is infuriated by this and asks the workers if they have seen the Chinaman. They tell him they thought they saw him hanging around the truck. So the boss sets out towards the truck and just as he is getting close to the truck the Chinaman jumps out from behind a wall and yells, "SUPPLIES!"

The old ones are the best :D

Emberguard

Legend
@Tomewriter wish granted.

Plundering will achieve this. Now you'll get supplies instead of coins.

Or if you only want to aid get a seed vault. It goes one step better and gives in addition to coins a whole range of stuff including supplies.

Galladhorn

Monarch

– Always create a dayli surplus of coins, supplies and goods.

– If coins and supplies are not building, you are then not paying correct, and you must then adjust your play one way or another.
– Your goods should stack up in regard to your plan (metaplay), else be assured that you will stall at some point.

DeletedUser114093

I wish you could buy fp with supplies, would give me something to do with them all

Who said anything about buying FPs with supplies? I didn't... All I said was that I could do with earning more supplies as equally as I earn coins. We need supplies for constructing buildings, etc. Not to mention quests and events that demand payment of vasts amounts of supplies.

DeletedUser114093

@Tomewriter wish granted.

Plundering will achieve this. Now you'll get supplies instead of coins.

Or if you only want to aid get a seed vault. It goes one step better and gives in addition to coins a whole range of stuff including supplies.

I'm not too keen on plundering other players. I will do so only if needs be during quests, and I will only plunder residential buildings [getting coins] so as not to 'hurt' the player I'm plundering.

I get attacked and plundered by high ranking players all the time, and they are not as considerate - they have no problem in stealing goods and supplies. There has also been instances where relics have been plundered. It's not a nice feeling, so I don't like to 'punish' other players in the same way if I can help it.

DeletedUser114093

Ha Ha :o) Funny.

Shad23

Emperor
There has also been instances where relics have been plundered.
what ? how can relics be plundered ? unless what your saying is he plundered what you built that was obtained as a relic , you ain't suposed to get your relics plundered as enemy does not see your GE
I could do with earning more supplies
get dynamic tower and if it ain't enough combine it with Capitole for a while at least that's what i did until i had so much suplys i did'nt know what to do with them then i sold Capitole for space

DeletedUser115071

Build a seed vault, there is a chance when aiding you will get supplies.

Coins and FPs are the most important value in the game, while supplies you use only for 4 things: Producing goods, GE, DC and Research.
Coins you use for continental map, GE, Inflitrating, DC, goods, buying FPs, research and a lot more that I really cannot think right now.

DeletedUser114093

Build a seed vault, there is a chance when aiding you will get supplies.

Coins and FPs are the most important value in the game, while supplies you use only for 4 things: Producing goods, GE, DC and Research.
Coins you use for continental map, GE, Inflitrating, DC, goods, buying FPs, research and a lot more that I really cannot think right now.
I hear what you're saying Ivan, but the reason I'm having a whinge about wanting to find other avenues in earning supplies is that in one of the worlds I'm playing in - Mount Killmore - I'm only in HMA era. I've barely got enough supplies for building and research, as well as trying to get through the latest Superbowl Event. I've been 'stuck' on one challenge for almost a week because it is asking for 44,000 supplies. I've only got about 12,000; and that's because as soon as I have produced some, I'm using them for manufacturing goods, restocking my army, and research.

This game is hard enough, but I'm finding it more and more frustrating by the minute.

I've only got about 12,000; and that's because as soon as I have produced some, I'm using them for manufacturing goods, restocking my army, and research.
Stop the research, if you stand still for a little while you will increase you amount of supplies and also reduce the need for goods.

Also you only need troops if you are actively attacking your hood or fighting in GE or GvG. If supplies are such an issue stop that activity until you are in a better position to continue.

Andrew420

Major
I've been 'stuck' on one challenge for almost a week because it is asking for 44,000 supplies. I've only got about 12,000; and that's because as soon as I have produced some, I'm using them for manufacturing goods, restocking my army, and research.
Do you have any buildings in your inventory that you don't want
You could build them then tear them down and the supplies you get in return will count towards the quest

Emberguard

Legend
I've been 'stuck' on one challenge for almost a week because it is asking for 44,000 supplies. I've only got about 12,000; and that's because as soon as I have produced some, I'm using them for manufacturing goods, restocking my army, and research.
Ah! That makes a lot more sense now. What's your stock of goods like at the moment?

If you simply don't have the supplies then consider forgoing goods production for a while, activating the 4 hr supply boost whenever your supplies are ready to be picked up and building the Lighthouse of Alexandria. The Lighthouse GB will give both goods and extra supplies from your supply buildings

Galladhorn

Monarch
You really need to take care about your supplies income! – With Lighthouse of Alexandra (As adviced by Emberguard) and at higher level parhaps adding the Royal Albert Hall it is certainly possible to keep the Supplies coming. Coins, Supplies and Goods are the backbone for nearly everything else you do in FoE

You must make sure that these essentials are coming in a rate that keeps adding to your stock. In general you balance should have about double the amount of Coins vs Supplies, still meaning that you should have enough supplies for quests and events. And sorry, but 44.000 Supplies is really not very much, even in like EMA. I started a new small town in August 2018, I do not even have the LOA and my Supplies are in millions in EMA.

When you have solved your current challenge, then start making 8 hour supply productions mandatory to build up some leverage. Supply requests are not going to get less as you progress – on the contrary they will graduately become higher and higher.

Your Goods should overmatch what you current goal is. Let´s say you want to Tech into a new Era - then you need to Plan in advance.
Every tech tree has some "milestones" that should be reached as fast as possible when teching. Some Era´s have great houses, great Supply buildings or great Units. You need to check this in advance so that you have what you need of Goods, Supplies and Coins to advance fast or risk stalling as has happned to you now.

Also it is never adviced to tech at the same time as an event is running – unless you are already bolstered to do so – In lower Eras´s that is usually not the case for most players.

Emberguard already ponted it out – If you are facing a baseplay problem like Supllies, get moving to solve it by chaning the way you play.

– It is a real classic but severe mistake to run out of Supplies – because it can also make it very difficult to fast build some supply buildings, since they also costs supplies. That is the reason that you should never ever run out of Supplies or Coins ever again.

Last edited: