• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Supplies production length set in one click for all buildings!

DeletedUser

Proposal:

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Reason:Saves lots of time for everyone especially as most players will set it so that all buildings produce over the same time length.

Details:May need to keep the old method as an alternate option too so that specific buildings can be chosen separately also in order to complete certain quests etc...

Visual Aids:N/A

Balance:N/A

Abuse Prevention:N/A

Summary: I can't see why anyonwe wouldn't want this option as it would save us all time especially if you play on multiple servers as many of us do. This wouldn't damage anyones gaming experience as the old method of clicking buildings individually should also be there to use.

DeletedUser7798

-1 it would be a diamond feature

one of the many reasons i no longer play grepolis

DeletedUser

-1 it would be a diamond feature

one of the many reasons i no longer play grepolis

Reducing this time constraining task would increase enjoyment for gamers so that they can participate more in the more enjoyable aspects of the game. The more enjoyable aspects of the game are what keeps players in this game are they not? The game was updated recently to make collection of resources quicker so surely the game producers have acknowledged that this aspect needs improvement already and started to make changes. I am merely offering an additional aspect which would improve this further and make all of our lives easier and gaming more enjoyable. This ammendment wouldn't be a boost to production which i think you are refering to with the reference to diamonds.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser11781

This is already a diamond feature.. You pay 5 diamonds to collect all ready productions (supplies & coins) then gives you the option to set all the production buildings in one go. Hope this helps. :)

DeletedUser

This is already a diamond feature.. You pay 5 diamonds to collect all ready productions (supplies & coins) then gives you the option to set all the production buildings in one go. Hope this helps. :)

This, and without being a diamond feature I believe it would fall under making things too easy.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

Sorry never used that option and din't have any idea it even existed, thanks for that. Shame I can't believe then that the game producers didn't object to the drag of the cursor as it reduces the effectiveness of that very diamond feature does it not?

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser7798

would make clock-makers and 5min productions attractive. To easy? what is easy is keeping 1-4-8hour durations up. try 3+ hours with 5m on 25+ clock-makers. it is just no way, but why bother say anything. of course diamond users have advantage on every aspect of the game. for everyone else, it is "to easy"

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

DeletedUser

This idea has been suggested previously, to mixed responses.

I have no idea if this would be considered "making the game too easy" or not, but I can certainly understand why it might be ruled that.

I would like to see this in game, personally, as it would save me tons of time and mouse clicks.

I feel that things should not be made too easy as that would take some of the fun out of the game. But i also believe that 'challenge' should not mean 'having to click 50 times' every time I set my production buildings.

Also, there has already been a bit of precedent set in this direction when the click-and-drag collecting was put in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

would make clock-makers and 5min productions attractive. To easy? what is easy is keeping 1-4-8hour durations up. try 3+ hours with 5m on 25+ clock-makers. it is just no way, but why bother say anything. of course diamond users have advantage on every aspect of the game. for everyone else, it is "to easy"

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lol I just tried the feature out for the first time for a laugh and found it quite fun and useful, I can appreciate it would make the game easier and that was exactly my point. Everyone would have this available to them for no extra cost so it wouldn't make life any easier over others but the current diamond use does.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser7798

Lol I just tried the feature out for the first time for a laugh and found it quite fun and useful, I can appreciate it would make the game easier and that was exactly my point. Everyone would have this available to them for no extra cost so it wouldn't make life any easier over others but the current diamond use does.

~ddrd1981

Then you have a:

+1

DeletedUser6222

+1^gazillion. I mean, still a +1, but a fervent one..

To differentiate this from the current diamond-induced thingy, we could have two clicks for each production building: first one to collect, second to set it at the same time-length as the last production. And naturally, or hopefully, the same swishing motion would work for both cycles.

Then during production, a third click would show the same window as it does now, but instead of "cancel production" we would have a "change production", which leads to the current six-pack window.

While our diamond using brothers and sisters would still have the luxury of a single click action, the rest would have functioning carpal tunnels.

DeletedUser

+1^gazillion. I mean, still a +1, but a fervent one..

To differentiate this from the current diamond-induced thingy, we could have two clicks for each production building: first one to collect, second to set it at the same time-length as the last production. And naturally, or hopefully, the same swishing motion would work for both cycles.

Then during production, a third click would show the same window as it does now, but instead of "cancel production" we would have a "change production", which leads to the current six-pack window.

While our diamond using brothers and sisters would still have the luxury of a single click action, the rest would have functioning carpal tunnels.

+1 I agree this would make a great addition.

DeletedUser

This would be good as it removes something unfun about the game. I'm surprised it's not part of the game already TBH.

DeletedUser

It is. For merely 5 diamonds you can collect all your resources and put them back up for a chosen amount of time, all in 1 feature.

DeletedUser

It is. For merely 5 diamonds you can collect all your resources and put them back up for a chosen amount of time, all in 1 feature.

Thats Fine Lodroth if you can afford a "mere" 5 diamonds every time you supply buildings produce so -1 to Lodroth but a MAJOR +1 for the original idea with Kaylessa's amendments incorporated :)

SHELOB

DeletedUser

The physical action of playing the game should not get progressively more boring as you progress simply because there are more and more buildings to individually click and start production times. If houses required you to manually select each and every one to restart their production I suspect the player base would be drastically reduced, if played at all.

Premium content such as aethetic improvements, unlocking rare stuff sooner (via research / goods purchasing), permanent boosts (expansions), skipping chance based progression (purchasing blueprints) are great and are things I would, and have purchased. The ability to collect resources and other basic functions should be free to all and make the game fun or least remove the boring parts.

Collecting resources is a positive experience. Performing the same action repeatedly is a negative experience. Thus the click+drag = collection, which retains the positive experience and minimises the negative one is good functionality and should be core. This should apply to supply production cycles too.

Last edited by a moderator: