• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event moving forward

• Thread starter DeletedUser114160
  • Start date

DeletedUser114160

I reached the level of a Trader Ship. After the event is over, it seems that the ship will be like a Great Building. Will there be additional levels? Or, is the space for the ship going to be the same output over time?

Emberguard

Legend
The only time the output changes for the ship (assuming Lvl 7) is if you go up a era and change the era of the ship to match with 1-up kits or reno kits. Each age/era has a different output for supplies/coins/medals but the FP and goods amount remain the same (goods era produced would change though and should be refined goods)

DeletedUser111359

It hasn't really been a full year yet, since they started introducing event prizes that have levels. So it remains to be seen what the long-term plans are once events come back around a second time.

DeletedUser113361

I have a problem in one world I cannot negotiate without spending diamonds I haven't got and cannot afford. So what do I do?

Emberguard

Legend
It hasn't really been a full year yet, since they started introducing event prizes that have levels. So it remains to be seen what the long-term plans are once events come back around a second time.
It's been at least two years.....

Last years Halloween they brought back a event building with lvl's that you could get a max 3 lvl's during the event. Anyone that had lvl'd the graveyard to lvl 3 the previous year could upgrade upto Lvl 6. Anyone participating for the first time would only be able to get upto Lvl 3.

This particular event of course is the first time getting these specific ships. But lvl's have been around for more then a year

DeletedUser111359

It's been at least two years.....

Last years Halloween they brought back a event building with lvl's that you could get a max 3 lvl's during the event. Anyone that had lvl'd the graveyard to lvl 3 the previous year could upgrade upto Lvl 6. Anyone participating for the first time would only be able to get upto Lvl 3.

This particular event of course is the first time getting these specific ships. But lvl's have been around for more then a year

I'd love to know what graveyard you're talking about. Last year's graveyard was the Necropolis. And the "levels" of graveyard have been around since the Halloween 2013 event. The difference between leveling up buildings prior to this year and now, is that they weren't explicitly levels. They were whole new buildings, often with different/larger geometries. Even the Maypole earlier this year was still that style where the GB itself changed, and was renamed.

I believe that the first prize building with just straight levels, and no geometry change was the Carnival Event from Feb. So I still say we won't know until the Carnival event hits Beta whether or not we get to push them further, just start second/third ones, or get something new and different instead.

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah that's the graveyard I was talking about.

So what you were saying wasn't lvl's were only introduced this year, but that the lvl's not changing size of the building was only this year.

DeletedUser111359

They weren't really levels before, they were trade-in's. They were upgrades to a new, completely different building, and in the process they went back into your inventory, to be rebuilt. Prior to the Bridge, it was always a new building, with a different name. Starting with Bridge, it's an "in place" upgrade instead. And with real levels.

Having the geometry change may sound insignificant, but it's a critical change when it comes to balancing the buildings as they get bigger and bigger. When you put too many features, in too small a space, you end up with wildly unbalanced buildings. It's bad enough with GB's that are available to everyone. But if they started doing that with event buildings as well, then "newcomers" would be at a permanent disadvantage.

And we just don't know yet what they will do moving forward, when the Carnival comes around again.

We don't even know what they will do with the Graveyard(s) when Halloween rolls around again. Will they come out with a new, 7th variety of graveyard, or will they start adopting the leveling system for them now? What they choose to do with the Graveyards or the Black Tower may provide some hints what to expect next spring when Carnival rolls around again. But then again, maybe not. Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
I never saw it as a new completely different building but as a upgrade + store building before the words "Lvl" were ever used in the title.

You say it's a new building.... but the upgrades still only ever apply to one building. You don't need a different upgrade with a different name each time a building is upgraded. Not to mention aside from the last upgrade for the graveyard, they're all called "something graveyard". The Cider mill goes by the same naming convention

And yes shape changing buildings are a big deal. I could see that with just the graveyard. But I could also see it upgraded era's when using upgrades and was looking forward to the challenge of choosing which upgrades would be most beneficial with the increased shape.

Agent327

Overlord
You did not get upgrades with graveyard or confectionary. You needed to sell your building in order to recieve a bigger building.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The actual intro the 'upgrade kit' came during last year's Fall event with the Cider Mills...
Halloween went from the 'trade in for upgraded version' to handing out the 'new' Graveyard Upgrade kits.

The actual titles of Lv.X 'insert building name' began with the the Forge Bowl event & the Pillar of Heroes back in January.

And...
On beta, this year's upcoming Fall event will add another upgrade to the Cider Mill, which goes from 5x3 to 6x3 & produces 4fp's!:D

DeletedUser111359

You did not get upgrades with graveyard or confectionary. You needed to sell your building in order to recieve a bigger building.

That was in years previous to 2017. The 2017 graveyard "upgrade" was a kit, that caused the trade-in to happen. And allowed people to catch up if they got multiple kits too, as I recall.

I still see a pretty marked difference between the "trade in" upgrade kits, like Cider, Graveyard, and Maypole, and the ones we're getting more used to now with the Bridge, Hero's Tower, and Ship.