• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2020

Powe

Brigadier-General
In this event, the FoE team should look at again the way they did with the compass. It is supposed to pickup randomly 1,2 or 3 steps when you sail. However it is totally a crap when it's not random at all. I had like nearly 10 times in a row to sail with only 1 step. Totally biased and badly programmed. Consequently, I could not get all the updates even I managed to finish all the quests, pickup all doublons I could. FoE should fire the guy who programed this module.
Notice that you are the only person in this thread that happened to? Could that possibly mean you were just unlucky?

NhaVua

Private
Notice that you are the only person in this thread that happened to? Could that possibly mean you were just unlucky?
Well, you can say so that I am not a lucky guy. That is not wrong. There is also a probability that you can have 100 times of 1 sail in a row. But a good compass should be made to have a real randomly distribution where you obtain correctly the expected number of sails after a reasonable tries.

DeletedUser

10 worlds, 10 max GV. (3 Iron Age ) No diamond spent :)
Only bad thing I can say, is that sometimes, there's a gold prize you don't want so you refresh the wheel. Guess what? It shows up again!:mad:

Well...off to the AD and sell those palm trees and tiki totems:P

Last edited by a moderator:
So the event ends, as does the Story.

The last plot twist is not Bloodbeard secretly following you all the way to the treasure, but that --

View attachment 21675

You are Mr. Squakins and
You now have a few seconds to let that information "sink in"

(At first you would think by saying "Mr. Squakins" Captain Hayward is addressing the Parrot)

Read and comprehend, wink wink
You actually read the story lines??? :o

Finished event +9GV with a day to spare without using a crystal.
The GV is better than some GB's and a great help to newbies; my army is almost ready for GvG.
The free summer event is doable even with the odd delay, it has been well balanced and a lot of fun. :)

Powe

Brigadier-General
Well, you can say so that I am not a lucky guy. That is not wrong. There is also a probability that you can have 100 times of 1 sail in a row. But a good compass should be made to have a real randomly distribution where you obtain correctly the expected number of sails after a reasonable tries.
And it is random. Random does not mean everyone will get the same.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Since we've been getting all these big buildings and set buildings, i'd love to see a tool on the reconscruction added that picks up an entire set at once, so you can easily move your trains/cars set buildings and hippodromes.

This Summer event has been awesome, so much AD fodder and a killer Main prize and crows nest building to boot!

Dead-Eye

General
Well I had to spend 500 diamonds in my real world but not really fussed as my fighting diamond mines are coming along nicely. Got top villas in all of em. Got a 2nd CN in my real world too so nice to be rid of some shrines. Looking forward to the fall event that will likely start day after tomorrow.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Well I had to spend 500 diamonds in my real world but not really fussed as my fighting diamond mines are coming along nicely. Got top villas in all of em. Got a 2nd CN in my real world too so nice to be rid of some shrines. Looking forward to the fall event that will likely start day after tomorrow.
Speaking of looking ahead, though not quite as soon as tomorrow... :P
The Harvest Barn itself isn't that great by any stretch - though it IS yet another plunderer's dream;)
BUT!
There is an interesting build using 3 of the different fields to build up a decent military boost, though it does include some defensive army boosts as well...

suethegreat

Captain
The compass seemed pretty even for me however the randomness of the wheel wasnt with several duplicate outcomes especially 3 duplicates in 5 spins when aiming for the crows nest. The AD will be awash with palm trees, totems, decorated B tree although i did find a use for all the extra houses and alchemists when needed just a few coin or supplies to complete a recurring quest and all other avenues used..rez and sell...given they earn hardly anything in AD. The event building is awesome however and not as big as some others and doesnt look out of place unlike the airship.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
...was happily playing DQ Builders 2, then,
"Oh, is that lightning outside? And why is the thunder so loud when I'm in the basement? Oh crap, the lights are flickering and I've got 86 doubloons still to spend?!! :O

*cue frantic spinning & compass clicking*

...whew! While it took 62!! refreshes to see a single Lv1 GV appear!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Made off with a couple more Sent Towers + an upgrade, 3 CN kits and even a couple more ST's in the process, so not entirely a complete and utter clusterfeth.

Thanks to the 11 total extra doubloons I found through incidents, I managed to even win yet another Lv1 GV from the grand prizes. :D
So now I'll have 1 fully leveled Villa, plus a couple more in storage ready for next year when we (fingers crossed) will see a Gov's Villa kit added to the wheel.

Overall a good outcome, as both my cities ended up with a Lv9 prize.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I am pleased overall with my take on the Summer event. Main and 2nd city both got full Villa. 8 Crow kits on main city and 7 kits on the 2nd city. And just enough doubloons on main city to get the medals grand prize after the villa upgrade - 2nd city was 4 sail spots short of getting the medals.
Put my Villas all up to Level 8, and in a couple days, both cities will probably jump to the next era, where I can top up the Villas and get immediate Era equivalent troops plus all the other benefits of the Villa, as well as the Crow Nests. Thank you Inno - although the prize wheel did not get me much of anything other than Crow kits - getting 8 kits on the main was a definite bonus to achieve with the full level Villas.

even questioning the relevance of some Great Buildings in relation to it.

Perhaps we can share some grapes next week when you are admitted to my ward? :D
haha yes we will get into trouble if we enjoy FOE too much; so we better stop trying to get that kick butt army, slow down and smell the roses getting more expansion space from scarce medals and then watching a GB level up which the time and effort to make for its benefits are sometimes questionable.
Who are we to argue with that?

Not us. If we haven't been playing for five years or more then we know NOTHING apparently. Even though the game evolves periodically. Who are we to disagree with the elders? We should just shut up like good little children and play THEIR way, because that's the ONLY way, apparently.

Not me. Copernicus is my hero!
Don't get your knickers in a twist!

No one said the GV is a bad building, it is pretty good and is comparable to other event buildings like the abandoned asylum which gives a little less coins, goods and attack % but more fp in a smaller space.

All anyone said was that in the long run gbs are better, all event buildings are good when released but after a few years are outdated and usually replaced by something better. You see some of the old ones about because people are nostalgic or they look really good (black tower)

syjytg

Master Corporal
Emptying a slot will not increase the probability. The wheel can land on an empty slot and you will get another prize instead when that happens.

Don't get your knickers in a twist!

No one said the GV is a bad building, it is pretty good and is comparable to other event buildings like the abandoned asylum which gives a little less coins, goods and attack % but more fp in a smaller space.

All anyone said was that in the long run gbs are better, all event buildings are good when released but after a few years are outdated and usually replaced by something better. You see some of the old ones about because people are nostalgic or they look really good (black tower)

My city has forgone "Pretty Looking" in lieu of "Pretty Ass Kicking" - LOL
Doesn't matter to me what the dang thing looks like as long as it's functional for what I need it to do.

DeletedUser118860

In defence of the employee, may I humbly mention that it is IMPOSSIBLE to generate random numbers with a digital device, such as a computer. The best one can hope for, and the world's leading mathematicians and computer scientists have been grappling with the problem for decades, is to generate a pseudo-random number which at least gives the impression to the casual observer of being random.

I would suspect the programmer involved selected an off-the-shelf library random number function rather than attempting to program his own, every popular medium and high-level programming language has included such standard functions for decades.

I can sympathise with your frustration. My last spin of the wheel left me 1 short of 50 forge points. A higher number of sail points would have been possible, and would have got me home. My wishing wells/mazes have been spitting out everything EXCEPT diamonds since I installed them!
I have the same situation regarding WWs. I have about 10 and so far in months I haven't seen 1 diamond, lots of other things though.