• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2020

Emberguard

Legend
That is interesting. I have a lot more attack than those 3 GBs and I rarely even try Large Army. (not autobattle)
Attack isn’t worth much without defence to back it up, you’ll be dead before you can hit anything. The GBs provide both. People usually have other attack boosts by the time they get all three GBs to lvl 10 as well.

dorocill

Corporal
Can someone please clarify that if the next quest to complete 7 encounters by fighting will auto finish if already completed or they will have to be completed.

suethegreat

Captain
is this correct? you may have completed by negotiation whereas the requirement is fighting plus there are 4 levels of GE it does not say 'GE1' Personally i would hold off on GE until after midnight or check what map sectors you have the goods for then job done.

suethegreat

Captain
My daily challenge includes complete level 1 GE and acquire i sector on Continent map....so that's that then lollll job done...(+ 40 motivates.....probably to win a drummer..) 2 quests in one on the sector.

should have gotten 2 additional free doubloons via the event e-mail.
Didn't receive any event e-mail :(
Different buildings offer different opportunities for different goals.
My sole goal is to reach Governers Villa lvl9 before the event expires without using diamonds, others did it in beta but it may have been adjusted since then.

suethegreat

Captain
Re defeating large armies these tend to be 2 x 8 waves and are a diamonds fest as the opposition comes at you with 8 new units whilst you limp in with maybe half your army remaining and some damaged so your only hope is to spend diamonds to regain your best unit/s. In real life you could call up you reinforcements from the bushes so a quest to be avoided if at all possible...even a medium army is 2 waves.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Re defeating large armies these tend to be 2 x 8 waves and are a diamonds fest as the opposition comes at you with 8 new units whilst you limp in with maybe half your army remaining and some damaged so your only hope is to spend diamonds to regain your best unit/s. In real life you could call up you reinforcements from the bushes so a quest to be avoided if at all possible...even a medium army is 2 waves.
Step 1: Use Rogues + 1-2 'real' units.
Step 4: Profit??!

If you're *needing* diamonds, it just means your city is poorly developed.

I agree those that refresh the wheel when 'Sentinel' is still there are idiots and I lost out on quite a few over this. What do they really want??
WW's + Crow's Nest for diamond farms.
Nope.
Try 'extra large medal package' and the amazing '20fps' as the current most popular gold prizes in my 'hood. :? :mad::mad:
Oh, and the Guard Post kits are being scooped up as well, despite the Pirate version being only 1% atk boost, since we're a HMA/LMA 'hood.

I am however requisitioning a goodly number of Hippodromes however!lol.

DeletedUser

This just reads like a need to look at City shortcomings and pulling up of socks.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Good luck! I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically.

I shall confess to having spent diamonds on the Summer Event. Not that I'm ashamed of it, there are a lot of good resources to be had which are very useful for small cities, like mine. Those with an Arc etc etc may poo poo the desire for such trivia as attack boosts, the Governor's Villa etc, but I think they probably forget what it was like when they were just starting out.
No one in their right mind will crap on boosts for the Attacking army... Defending army? Yeah that's pretty useless.:P

Gov's Villa was buffed massively from it's initial beta release, (ie: originally, there was 0 fp production), and that's easily shot it IMHO into the no.2 spot for "best event buildings of the year" for 2020:
1. Hoppodrome Carceres
3x4 that give 10% def boost to attacking armies + 6 fps to top it off. Even if you build nothing else for the chain set, this building is gold!
For just 2 tiles more than Gov's Villa, you can get both ends for added resources + 1x Rousioi Track for an additional 6% def boost to your attacking army.

2. Gov's Villa
Massive atk% boost and fps - need I say more? Troops are just a nice bonus, but there's far more efficient troop production via settlement rewards, so if you're building it for that, you're choosing the wrong option. :P

3. Olympic Treasury
Nice def% boost for attacking army + good fp/tile generation. Hippodrome though is stupidly better def%/tile however & it's fp/tile is also ever-so-slightly better too.

4. Mikawa Bridge
Very good fp/tile generation, but it's definitely an awkward one for early game cities due to it's size. No military boosts either, which definitely further adds to the lackluster appeal.

5. Celtic set & Airship
SKIP!!:P

Note that the difference between the top 3 slots is overall pretty close... Every one of those buildings is definite A-tier material, with Hippodrome pushing into the vaunted S-tier if you have the proper room to set it up. (ie: only Sentinel Towers are more OP in the def% department)
The latter 3 I would place in C-tier to outright garbage-tier for what they bring, or rather, what they don't bring. :P

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Step 1: Use Rogues + 1-2 'real' units.
Step 4: Profit??!

If you're *needing* diamonds, it just means your city is poorly developed.

Nope.
Try 'extra large medal package' and the amazing '20fps' as the current most popular gold prizes in my 'hood. :? :mad::mad:
Oh, and the Guard Post kits are being scooped up as well, despite the Pirate version being only 1% atk boost, since we're a HMA/LMA 'hood.

I am however requisitioning a goodly number of Hippodromes however!lol.
I'm in OA so only trying for Sentinels. Still don't have enough defense but have lots of offense.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Good luck! I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically.

I shall confess to having spent diamonds on the Summer Event. Not that I'm ashamed of it, there are a lot of good resources to be had which are very useful for small cities, like mine. Those with an Arc etc etc may poo poo the desire for such trivia as attack boosts, the Governor's Villa etc, but I think they probably forget what it was like when they were just starting out.
Even people with level 80 Arcs still want the Governor's Villa.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Even people with level 80 Arcs still want the Governor's Villa.

Anyone who does any fighting anywhere in the game wants atk boosts as well at any level, start to finish. If you gonna spend diamonds on an event, this is one of the best ones to do so for the main prize, not so much for the daily prizes that can be won in other events (such as the defence boost to attacking army dailies) but still an extremely good main event building, if you can get 2 Villa's, you are set for the game.