• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

Thank you for the event. Overall satisfied. I managed to get in main city - Crow's Nest lv8; 2 Royal Ship from scratch; Wishing well and shrink kit in secondary cities Crow's Nest lv8(15); Wishing Well(75); Wishing Well Shrink Kit(69) and other goodies.

DeletedUser653

What is it about the rewards that attracted you to the Crow's Next and how they benefit your city?
......... Thank you :D
Not sure i will build it despite getting 1.5 of them, the feeling in guild is that you build it if you have a BG and then double collect from it.

DeletedUser114342

Very happy with this event ☺️

Got full CN on all 3 of my worlds.
For my main, I also got another complete pirate ship and 14 pirate guard posts. I put a lot of them around my Traz and must admit they look kinda cool.

Also got heaps of things to sell to the AD as well and halfway to a second CN. Hopefully the AD will have upgrades of CN available soon.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Not sure i will build it despite getting 1.5 of them, the feeling in guild is that you build it if you have a BG and then double collect from it.
The CN is great even without a BG since the final revisions Inno made to it...
- guaranteed fp's
- good probability @ dias
- no 'stupid' rewards at max Lv.
- plunder issue fixed. (this saddens me though since I enjoy me some free swag.;))

For non-fighters especially and/or early game players, this can take the spot of say, The Kraken GB while still producing a high level of daily fp's + other perks.

In a diamond mine/secondary city, this thing is an absolute 'must have' as it blows even mini WW's out of the water!

Any Empire

Sergeant
The one plea I would make to the Devs is for events to rely more on strategy than luck. The Archeology event was fun because each move required some strategic thinking, making it exciting. Spinning a wheel, and watching a ship advance, both based on random probabilities, is boring, even though the event buildings are great.

It's a bit like the Viking settlement I want the Yaggy thingy, but it is sooo mind-numbing to slog through the settlements to get there. I don't want easier, not at all. I just like when the challenges encourage thinking about strategies, not just hopping through hoops.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The one plea I would make to the Devs is for events to rely more on strategy than luck. The Archeology event was fun because each move required some strategic thinking, making it exciting. Spinning a wheel, and watching a ship advance, both based on random probabilities, is boring, even though the event buildings are great.

It's a bit like the Viking settlement I want the Yaggy thingy, but it is sooo mind-numbing to slog through the settlements to get there. I don't want easier, not at all. I just like when the challenges encourage thinking about strategies, not just hopping through hoops.
There is some decent amount of strategy to the summer event though through the 'hood shared prize wheel;
a) high activity is rewarded vs. the 'twice a day - click-click-click-win' style of say the Spring/Football/Soccer events...
The more active & attentive you are to the prize wheel, the better your odds of making off with lots and lots of gold rewards.

b) 'Let others swap the wheel'.
Why waste your doubloons on refreshes? Let the pleebs in your 'hood do the heavy lifting of flipping the wheel through those disgusting Store Building kits & WW's/Shrink kits/etc... you don't want!

c) Learn to snipe effectively.
Most people over look the 'Stop' button. Or else, they don't have the time/can't be bothered to sit back and watch a good wheel while others clear out some of the gakky prizes...
Do these thing effectively, and you can bring in a massive haul of prizes!

This year I managed in my main city to win; 2x Lv.1 Crow's Nest, 8x Ship upgrades, 3x Sunken Treasures, 3x Pirate/Royal kits, 1x Guard Post kit...
That's the equal of 17 daily prizes from a 'normal' event prize system, and I did that despite having some serious PC issues too!! (or I probably would have had a couple more prizes!)

Sure it's not quite the level is skill of the Archy or...
...upcoming Halloween event!
, but at least there's still a good deal more tactics & skill vs. the traditional "look up chart on wiki - click 100's of times" that most events tend to be.;)

DeletedUser114295

The summer event is coming! Read all about it here . Be sure to leave your feedback below, we want to hear from you!
I am here after the event. Was great event but I believe 1-2 more days could have been better. I hit 8 hour production wall when there were 2 quests left and lost 1 crowds nest upgrade.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I am here after the event. Was great event but I believe 1-2 more days could have been better. I hit 8 hour production wall when there were 2 quests left and lost 1 crowds nest upgrade.

I do not agree that this event needed two more days. I was going into hyphernation mode and did not play for about 10 days – then returned and started the event. I got a fully leveled Crows Nest in both my old SAM city and my young HMA city, no diamonds used. One could state that it perhaps even was too long but that is rather subejctive and I was happy that it was possible to complete it even making a delayed start. But surely this event needed not to be any longer – it was well balanced and doable.

I do not agree that this event needed two more days. I was going into hyphernation mode and did not play for about 10 days – then returned and started the event. I got a fully leveled Crows Nest in both my old SAM city and my young HMA city, no diamonds used. One could state that it perhaps even was too long but that is rather subejctive and I was happy that it was possible to complete it even making a delayed start. But surely this event needed not to be any longer – it was well balanced and doable.
Couldn't agree more. Was on holiday for a week of it with barely a phone signal and no WiFi, managed to log in every day for the coin but not do quests,and still the last week was the usual slow boredom of finishing the daily quest quickly and wishing that it would soon end

DeletedUser

There is some decent amount of strategy to the summer event though through the 'hood shared prize wheel;
a) high activity is rewarded vs. the 'twice a day - click-click-click-win' style of say the Spring/Football/Soccer events...
The more active & attentive you are to the prize wheel, the better your odds of making off with lots and lots of gold rewards.

b) 'Let others swap the wheel'.
Why waste your doubloons on refreshes? Let the pleebs in your 'hood do the heavy lifting of flipping the wheel through those disgusting Store Building kits & WW's/Shrink kits/etc... you don't want!

c) Learn to snipe effectively.
Most people over look the 'Stop' button. Or else, they don't have the time/can't be bothered to sit back and watch a good wheel while others clear out some of the gakky prizes...
Do these thing effectively, and you can bring in a massive haul of prizes!

I did a lot of Refreshing when the Gold was not to my liking, I only stayed on Wheels which gave CN and Ship Upgrades, GPs and Trader/Royal/Pirate Selection Kits. I did well from handling it that way but get where you're coming from; it's all about the end result and how we achieve our goals, I even cleared a complete wheel when ALL the rewards were to my liking. That was early in the Event when it was set to "Entice Mode".

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
How is an 8hr production/s even a wall? 24hr productions *maaaaaybe*, IF you don't know how to do a simple google search for the wiki event pages?
Or else maybe if for some reason, there's only 1 production building in your city? (which at that point, is just insanely bad game play!:P)

Overall it felt like this event backed off a fair bit on the whole "complete X/Y/Z productions A/B/C times"... overall a nice even mix of productions, gather goods, kill stuff, negotiate, do GE/C-map stuff with good alternatives everywhere - I enjoyed it & found it overall rather relaxing!

@Lugh Longarm: I saved up about 70% of my doubloons and spent them all in the last few hours of the event actually, as after a couple years of this event, I've found that there's far, far, FAR less chance of damn 'hoodies coming in and either sniping the gold prize on you, and/or refreshing away a desired prized prize on you.;)

Initially though, with just sitting back and sniping with the help of the Stop button through the first couple weeks, I scored 5 gold prizes in only 16 spins of the wheel!8-)
(and ruthlessly plundered for 13 days in a row the stupid gak who refreshed away a Ship upgrade I'd been waiting over 40min to pounce on!)

Emberguard

Legend
You sure that was 8 hr and not 4 hr?

How is an 8hr production/s even a wall?
It’s a wall if you don’t have enough production buildings to produce ahead of time and either fell behind in quests or your city isn’t able to go through the quests inbetween production quests in a timeframe relative to the length of event

Age of city, starting date and whether it’s a free or diamond account will effect a lot in regards to event difficulty. Early in the game 10 production buildings is plenty for an event. Later on in the ages you’d want to increase that amount because the requirements increase.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
You sure that was 8 hr and not 4 hr?

It’s a wall if you don’t have enough production buildings to produce ahead of time and either fell behind in quests or your city isn’t able to go through the quests inbetween production quests in a timeframe relative to the length of event

Age of city, starting date and whether it’s a free or diamond account will effect a lot in regards to event difficulty. Early in the game 10 production buildings is plenty for an event. Later on in the ages you’d want to increase that amount because the requirements increase.
Well, we *do* jokingly call this game 'Forge of Blacksmiths' for a damn good reason afterall.;)

I can see maybe if a player only has 1-3 production building, and/or logs in only once a day being ganked by any "produce 8-12+ 8hr productions", but at that point, that's just being a bad player...

Honestly the only production quest 'walls' I tend to some what run into, is the odd quest that calls for, "finish X productions in buildings of your age or the previous age." (those must *really* suck for later game players w/out excess special production buildings!)
But event then, it's only a slight 'wall', because I'm playing a CF questing strategy, so all my current-age buildings are generally kept on 24hr runs.

Giskler

Legend
I hate having to use my fp/goods production buildings (TF, mills etc) for x productions from your age. Worst quests ever.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Build a production building or two then :P
That's far, far less desirable at the higher eras, but then, I see it as a trade-off really...

Early game players in general tend to have a much harder time with many of the military focused tasks, as they tend to have fewer & (often) much lower level GB's to boost their troops... So tasks like, "fight X battles in a row without losing", and/or "kill lots of units" can be very difficult.
On the other hand, those production buildings tend to be smaller so it is easier to get a bunch of them + some extra blacksmiths as well.

Everyone regardless of era should have a mix of easy -> challenging tasks. :P