• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser100133

May I ask what you wanted from the event and how they benefited your town?

May I ask what you wanted from the event and how they benefited your town?
Are you asking anyone in particular?

Personally I just wanted the crows nest, don't think much of the guard posts although I have placed a couple of pirate ones on my smallest city for the tiny attack boost they give.

If you're asking Gisk, he wanted lots of crows nests and got them all on day one :lol:

DeletedUser100133

Anyone who is willing to answer :D So what special about the Crows Nest that makes you want more than one?

Any Empire

Sergeant
I aimed for 1 CN and 1 Pirate ship on each of 4 worlds, and have them on 3 (4th have the CN, but ship will take some real luck on last few spins I have left).
The first for the FPs and diamonds, the latter for the attack bonus and FPs.

Emberguard

Legend
@Agent327: The only people who think SoK's are still relevant are those who can't do basic math. :P
Sure, maybe in what, 2012 - 2016 or so they were amazaballs... at that time, one of the best FP producers you could get, especially in the days before Arcs & Lv.Silly GB's.

If Inno continues the trend of current event building + previous years event building then you’d be right, forget the SoK and go for the previous event building

However if an event comes along where the daily specials don’t have a previous event building then I’m better off going for the SoK if I still have space for more event buildings (which is more likely for new players)

This event though I wasn’t looking for any particular gold prize as I hadn’t planned to be placing anything other then the Crows Nest

DeletedUser100133

CN's and ships. I got 4 CNs and 3 pirate ships on both of my main worlds :D Attack boosts and fps all day long.

4 Crows Nest is impressive well done there. Also, 3 Pirate Ships, very nice, is that the winning the Ship Upgrade Kits or arePirate Guard Post fro the kits?

More fpts
More forge points is always a bonus Is there anything else from the event have you been aiming for?

Giskler

Legend
4 Crows Nest is impressive well done there. Also, 3 Pirate Ships, very nice, is that the winning the Ship Upgrade Kits or arePirate Guard Post fro the kits?

More forge points is always a bonus Is there anything else from the event have you been aiming for?
In total on my two main worlds I picked up 8 CN, 6 pirate ships, 11 sunken treasures and 23 pirate guard posts.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
If Inno continues the trend of current event building + previous years event building then you’d be right, forget the SoK and go for the previous event building

However if an event comes along where the daily specials don’t have a previous event building then I’m better off going for the SoK if I still have space for more event buildings (which is more likely for new players)

This event though I wasn’t looking for any particular gold prize as I hadn’t planned to be placing anything other then the Crows Nest
OR...

...if an event comes along with no desirable dailies/wheel prizes beyond SoK's, then you could always go Test Ament's route and just horde them up for AD fodder.
Then use all those lovely trade coins & gemstones for older event buildings through the dealer. ;)
(ie: Tholos & PoH's are currently available, as are the CG upgrades)

DeletedUser100133

In total on my two main worlds I picked up 8 CN, 6 pirate ships, 11 sunken treasures and 23 pirate guard posts.

That is impressive rewards for one event and must be a great impact on your city.

I've picked up more Dubloon incidents in the last 12 hours than over the rest of the event combined:lol:
I would called that an end of event luck :-)

Unfortunately, the event comes to an end today, but I have really enjoyed this event and the new rewards it offered. What was the best part and reward from the event for you?

I would called that an end of event luck :-)
I call it Inno having a laugh :lol:

Across 3 worlds I picked up 5 dubloons before bed last night and another 4 this morning from incidents.

Apart from CN I was happy to get 2 ship upgrades so I could build the 2nd ship I was a bit short of getting last year

DeletedUser

Anyone who is willing to answer :D So what special about the Crows Nest that makes you want more than one?
Far better odds and higher returns than WWs and FsoY, I've been trading in dozens of both of those little gems to AD, along with WW Shrink Kits. The CNs footprint, though quite large is better than a bunch of relatively useless {to me} WWs, etc.
Size and Rewards make CNs a more attractive prospect for me.