• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2018

Boorg

Captain
Last year was my first summer event,

You should have seen the summer events prior to last year.

First the wheel had 4 prizes of each item on every wheel and it had more then one gold item on the same wheel. Some of the prizes on the wheel used to be tickets therefore one could gain more spins by winning more tickets. We also could find more tickets around our city by picking the tickets from the trees.

Apart from that we also used to gain medals when the neighbourhood goal was reached.

ScreenHunter_1799-Jun.-29-20.16.jpg

If you would care to know more follow this link :

http://foeplayer.com/en/summerevent2016/

DeletedUser96901

and it had portraits
for me a very cool prize:
you can only win each once ever
if you have it already the wheel skips to the next prize

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Oh man, I loved the portraits from last year's event! I hate not seeing them this year. :(

Sure it was amazing how once you had each specific portrait they would effectively become a freebie 'skip space' on the wheel, making it easier to get the gold/silver prizes...
But more than anything else, I'm the type who likes to try and collect everything there is in a game. Call it the 'Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy effect' of growing up as a die-hard JRPG gamer.:blush:

DeletedUser108378

Can someone explain to me why the 3 special multi reward prizes on the wheel, Royal, Pirate and Trader only give you a new Basic Ship, rather than an Upgrade or at least a chance at an upgrade?

Agent327

Overlord
Can someone explain to me why the 3 special multi reward prizes on the wheel, Royal, Pirate and Trader only give you a new Basic Ship, rather than an Upgrade or at least a chance at an upgrade?

That's cause the devs decided on it being this way.

DeletedUser108378

Then the Devs need a kick in the backside, who is ever going to want that many basic ships!

Calydor

Private
Oh man, I loved the portraits from last year's event! I hate not seeing them this year. :(

Sure it was amazing how once you had each specific portrait they would effectively become a freebie 'skip space' on the wheel, making it easier to get the gold/silver prizes...
But more than anything else, I'm the type who likes to try and collect everything there is in a game. Call it the 'Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy effect' of growing up as a die-hard JRPG gamer.:blush:

I'm totally not like that. At all. It's not like I've been saving my doubloons and checking several times a day to see if any portraits showed up or anything.

DeletedUser99894

The first event I am moved by in some time! <3
Although it would be nice to include a Ship Upgrade kit in the reward selection kits (such as the Pirate Selection Kit)

DeletedUser112892

The first event I am moved by in some time! <3
Although it would be nice to include a Ship Upgrade kit in the reward selection kits (such as the Pirate Selection Kit)
Goal of Inno was to make Ship lvl 7 achievable without any diamonds spent. Why would they give you 2nd Ship lvl 7 for free ;) :lol:

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
The only "good" prizes you will find as golds this year will be;
1. Sunken Treasure - single *best* prize on wheel
2. Selection Kits - Royal is arguably the best for the choice of fps or 1-up kits... all contain Lv1 Ship if you're after multiples of those
3. SoK/WW's
4. 20fp's? not sure if this one is coming live from beta though?

Otherwise, aim for the multi-map pieces, and/or, just wait for some dumb 'hoodie to refresh the wheel for you. ;P
Each year prizes get worse! Can get better in GE and don't have to do dumb quests. Maybe for those just starting out prizes might be good but in later ages you have so many things saved and no room to place them. Room is at a premium. So far not a great Event.

Emberguard

Legend
The good prize is the ship. Is a lvl 7 not good enough for you? Last year for Halloween you got a pale prize in comparison, the dark tower and the graveyard.

What about this event (main) prize is worse then what you have?

joesoap

Major-General
i cant understand why i constantly have the same 2 prizes on wheels with different colours round them, surely theres enough choices for this not to have to happen

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The good prize is the ship. Is a lvl 7 not good enough for you? Last year for Halloween you got a pale prize in comparison, the dark tower and the graveyard.

DT is still a pretty damn good prize honestly... within a 4x5 you get the equivalent productions of 3x SoK's (12 squares) + a Tribal/Oasis (12 squares) + basically a SoA (4 squares)
That's overall 28 squares worth of various buildings all rolled into 1 neat little (and very epic looking!) evil tower. ;)

Lv7 Ship is still better for sure, but Dark Tower isn't by any means a shabby or "pale in comparison" prize...

Pirate + Royal ships will neatly replace 2 TF's and save you 18 squares - a space savings of 30%
Black Tower replaces 28 squares worth of production for 20 - a space savings of 28.57%
So pretty close to even in their overall 'savings', with the main advantage of the Ships being the atk/small coin% boost.

Emberguard

Legend
Oh yeah I still love my Dark Tower, just it's not fair to say the prizes are getting worse compared to last year when it's an improvement

DeletedUser112660

Can anyone answer me what happens if I got The Ship - Lv. 1 on Late Middle Ages and set it whit the upgrades on Colonial Age?
Thanks

Andrew420

Major
The upgrades aren't age related
So if you won the ship in LMA and the upgrades in colonial
When you upgrade your ship you will end up with an upgraded LMA ship
Or if you won all your prizes in LMA and wait to place them until Colonial age they will still be LMA ship
Age of your prize is determined by which age you are in at time of collecting prize

Emberguard

Legend
Upgrades for the ship can be used in any age and will not only update the lvl but also the age of the ship to your current age/era

All upgrade kits for event buildings work in this fashion allowing the age of the goods produced to change the uprade

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal

No...that prize is fine. Don't need military or coins or buildings of my era. What happened to the "sunken treasure'. I am almost finished this event and have as yet to see it materialize on the wheel. Curious because it was supposed to be one of the main prizes. Hammock and Stranded boat has appeared but no Sunken Treasure. Other prizes on wheel can be gotten in GE. I still say prizes from previous years were better for the age you were in at the time. It would be excellent for someone just starting out but not when you are way up in eras and expansions are treasured and space is at a premium.