• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2018

Hi Sovereign,

In your announcements, you include details of rewards, etc and a link or two, etc.
If you can, it would be great if you include another link to a page with a list of ALL Event/Quests details (eg 1st Quest is Shortest Production x20, etc) in every Season/Specials ?

Grof Z

Corporal
so Kits we get from wheel /royal-trade-pirate/ can be used to upgrade ship? or there will be upgrade kits?

Agent327

Overlord
Hi Sovereign,

In your announcements, you include details of rewards, etc and a link or two, etc.
If you can, it would be great if you include another link to a page with a list of ALL Event/Quests details (eg 1st Quest is Shortest Production x20, etc) in every Season/Specials ?

Yeah right. That would be great. Even better, have him do all the quests for you!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Bloody freaking neighbours!!
Was happily just sitting back in the shadows, watching patiently for some sorry suckers to start skimming off the garbage rewards, before swooping in to claim a Sunken Treasure & 25fps rewards...
BAM!
Dumb 'hoodie comes in, resets the wheel, with all the fps & ST rewards still unclaimed!

...and for added insult, they then refreshed the next wheel which had a SoK on it, and only 3 prizes with only a single map piece... (would've been a kick*** wheel to score lots of map pieces:( )

Names have been taken... the call to arms will sound... and vengeance shall ours!:mad::mad:;)

Boorg

Captain
Bloody freaking neighbours!!
Was happily just sitting back in the shadows, watching patiently for some sorry suckers to start skimming off the garbage rewards, before swooping in to claim a Sunken Treasure & 25fps rewards...
BAM!
Dumb 'hoodie comes in, resets the wheel, with all the fps & ST rewards still unclaimed!

...and for added insult, they then refreshed the next wheel which had a SoK on it, and only 3 prizes with only a single map piece... (would've been a kick*** wheel to score lots of map pieces:( )

Names have been taken... the call to arms will sound... and vengeance shall ours!:mad::mad:;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: That’s what can happen when someone tries to make profit at someone else’s expense …………. Tough Luck Mate ……………. Now Keep Everything Shipshape otherwise …………….. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Eh... in my book, refreshing the wheel when there's a rare prize/s still to be won is the same as purposely leveling someone's GB on them & denying them their double dip collection.

It's highly irksome. ;)

DeletedUser112027

Eh... in my book, refreshing the wheel when there's a rare prize/s still to be won is the same as purposely leveling someone's GB on them & denying them their double dip collection.

It's highly irksome. ;)

Irksome. Yeah. Like waiting till the last hour to pillage a neighbour after attacking him/her/them 22 hours earlier... and snagging the pleantiful Goods from the indian Temple thing.

Highly irksome!

E.

Boorg

Captain

I don’t feel there is any comparison between the two because one’s action in an Event is generic therefore not directly intended towards an individual, we could say its stupidity, foolishness, etc but definitely not directly intended whilst one’s action on someone else’s City is directly intended so there is a big difference between both actions.

It's highly irksome. ;)

Agreed it’s very irritating especially when one has used so many spins to do all of the wheel to win the sought after prize and when one is a spin or two away someone comes along and just refreshes the wheel, crazy, but unfortunately that’s how it is.

Some including myself complain about this issue but as yet it’s still the same.

My post #156 for last year’s Summer Event regarding this issue.

It is very frustrating when one is half-way or more through the wheel with 20 or more tickets spent and the wheel gets refreshed. I strongly feel that the Refresh Button in such Events should be disabled while the wheel is spinning and the Refresh Button should have a few seconds (3 or 4 seconds) delay from when the wheel stops spinning before it becomes active thereby giving time to collect the prize won and spin again if desired.

Link : https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/summer-event-2017.33677/page-8

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Last year was my first summer event, and my plan this year is basically the same as previous; I wait for a good sniping opportunity through most of the event, then blow all my remaining tickets/doubloons during the last few hours when everyone else is pretty much out of spins. ;)

Last year I had a 'hoodie who was playing the event like an idiot...
He'd win a ticket or two, immediately spend them, then whine & ***** about never winning silver/gold prizes as the wheels were normally either still full, or else the good stuff was gone & he'd be the one taking the 'refresh roulette'.
So he decided to 'get back' at all of us 'prize hogs' by just maliciously refreshing the wheel constantly, figuring if he couldn't win any gold/silver prizes, then no else should!
A number of us banded together and plundered his city dry every day in retaliation.;)

Vesiger

Monarch
One of my guildmates is convinced he's got a 'system' for tapping the wheel at the right moment to get the reward he wants - I'm assuming its all predetermined by a random number generator as usual before you tap anything at all?

Agent327

Overlord
One of my guildmates is convinced he's got a 'system' for tapping the wheel at the right moment to get the reward he wants - I'm assuming its all predetermined by a random number generator as usual before you tap anything at all?

Yes. The outcome stands the moment you start the wheel.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The only reason for the 'Stop' button is that it bypasses the whole spinny animation & thus allows you to quickly spin multiple times & hopefully get what you want before a 'hoodie snipes you and/or allows you to snipe 'hoodies. ;)