• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2017

DeletedUser100832

Event nearly over for me. Got 5 M. palaces, 7 eastern towers, 2 western, 2 playgrounds and 1 pond. That's pretty good, although one palace would have to sit in the inventory.

Also got 2 fountains, 5 gates, 3 memorials, 2 plants and 1 garden. And three sok's. Lots of other stuff too that I got whilst looking for the good items that I never bothered tracking but may come theoretically useful, like reno kits or champs retreats.

Perhaps if I had focused on the first set only I could have got more bits from it. But tbh it was too much effort just sitting there waiting for the palaces to come up. And the attack boost from the fountains is nice

EDIT: A problem I have is that you cannot see anything behind those massive towers. It took me about 5 minutes to move buildings behind them into place. And because they are set, you cannot move them out to see what's behind. I wish there was a way to make them smaller.

EDIT 2: for the fountains I have this arrangement (1-fountain, 2-titan arum, 3-garden, 4-memorial, 5-gate, r-road)

rr52525rr
0045r5400

possibly not the best, and needs a lot of road connections, but the most economical I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

Event nearly over for me. Got 5 palaces, 7 eastern towers, 2 western, 2 playgrounds and 1 pond. That's pretty good, although one palace will have to sit in the inventory.
Mighty fine haul ... you must surely fall within the top 10% of fortunate winners. I am green with envy.

The Summer Event has been most informative and adventurous ...
I'm keen to throw my Seven @ One Blow party bash (7 GBs in the mud). Still need a few goods for AO and Arc.

DeletedUser100832

Had to spend all my diamonds from farms and GE for that. And I didn't have as much of those as some people (only 2.5k or so).

DeletedUser14881

Before ending the Event had to screw me.

Finally a Deep Sea Breeder (OF Premium Supply Building) appeared. I used my last free ticket and got a junk item, spent 100 hard earned diamonds and got another crap. Even though I had with me to stop I decided to buy another ticket and WHILE THE WHEEL WAS SPINNING someone refreshed resulting in a Champion that wasn't even present among the prizes I could get.

I really wish to have these diamonds back...

DeletedUser110179

Before ending the Event had to screw me. I really wish to have these diamonds back...
Being screwed over is one of the greatest joys of life ... but maybe you need to think big.

Many players have thrown single tickets at the wheel under the misguided illusion of expectant success.
You really need to save up 10 tickets or more to have a decent chance of getting the prize that you seek.
So too, if you buy tickets with diamonds ... one or two tickets isn't really going to cut it.

Lots of people spent no money on the event but still bought 20 or more tickets (GE, WWs, farming etc ...).

DeletedUser16112

Many players have thrown single tickets at the wheel under the misguided illusion of expectant success.
You really need to save up 10 tickets or more to have a decent chance of getting the prize that you seek.

I have been watching the wheel for ten days, and the palace seldom shows up and when it does it gets taken immediately within 0-3 spins or someone refreshes the wheel. So as the end of the event draws close, I start refreshing the wheel to find a palace.

Started with 29 tickets, it took 26 refreshes before I got a palace on the wheel. Missed it but now two prizes were gone pointing at the palace (portrait and a silver) - that's a 33% chance to get the palace per spin. Spent my tiny stash of diamonds for 3 more tickets. All three hit the same green prize.

Seriously.

The sets are beautiful, and I have generally enjoyed the event, but this left a sour taste in my mouth. I had three chances on 33% (70% chance) and instead hit a 0.13% chance that just felt malevolent. Like the game was rigged (it probably isn't, it's just a 1 in 729 event, bound to happen with thousands of players). Everytime I look at the meager 2 palaces I managed to get, I am reminded of how the RNG screwed me both during the event and especially at the end.

My biggest complaint is the shared wheel with random prizes. The chests from the spring event don't suddenly run away because someone refreshes, or become unavailable for weeks.

</rant>

DeletedUser110179

The sets are beautiful, and I have generally enjoyed the event, but this left a sour taste in my mouth. I had three chances on 33% (70% chance) and instead hit a 0.13% chance that just felt malevolent.
I just know you were dreaming about 50 Cherry Gardens sitting pretty in your city (I know I was).

I won 6 Palaces & 7 Eastern Towers but I was on the verge of spending $80 to get 2-blocks of 4-palaces ... but thankfully I only spent $10 ... else, my city would have been very messy indeed.
I must confess that the Indian Palaces look superbly majestic in lower age cities ... my town houses look suitably small.
But I still have my eye on all those lovely cherry gardens.

“ We are all a great deal luckier that we realize, we usually get what we want - or near enough. ”
Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

vikingraider

Emperor
It must just be how different players on different worlds events pan out. I had plenty of chances to win the palace and other related items. Maybe I was lucky as the wheel was never refreshed while I was looking at it. But then I've spent 10+ tickets trying to win a prize with no luck. The difference with the cherry garden set is if the wheel doesn't change you can see how likely a prize is to get. I didn't get the cherry set on my main world but did on a world that I started playing on when the event was half way through. Frustrating? Yes, at times. But a decent event(my first summer event) in my opinion.

DeletedUser100832

Being screwed over is one of the greatest joys of life ... but maybe you need to think big.

So too, if you buy tickets with diamonds ... one or two tickets isn't really going to cut it.

Lots of people spent no money on the event but still bought 20 or more tickets (GE, WWs, farming etc ...).

It was true in past years, but I am not sure it's any longer true. If you see a good wheel (1/3 or higher chance of getting a prize you need) you spin for it whether you have 1 ticket or 50.

DeletedUser15986

possibly not the best, and needs a lot of road connections, but the most economical I could find.

Personally I'd forego one of the Gates and use this layout for a maxed bonus with perfect compactness.

layout.png

You can chain SoKs on the end (shown on the left half) or not at all (shown on the right half) and the set as a whole uses 52 squares, plus roads . You don't need to place roads above the fountains, so it's a perfect layout for adding large buildings (or GBs) at the top.

DeletedUser11185

At the end of the Summer Event I ended up with:
3 x Palaces
2 x Eastern
2 x Western
2 x Pond
1 x Playgound

Can anyone please help with the best configuration using as many of those as possible - particularly for FPs
I also have 4 x SOKs. Thanks

DeletedUser110179

Can anyone please help with the best configuration using as many of those as possible - particularly for FPs
3Palace-1Playground-Query.jpg

It's pretty much the only way you can share 1 Playground and 2 each of the other pieces ... amongst all 3 Palaces.
You can place the SoKs at the back and fill in with other stuff.

4 SoK, 3 Palaces and 2 Eastern Towers = 21 fp/d

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Here's one for you Bridgeman:

4 x Palaces
3 x Eastern tower
2 x Western tower
3 x Pond
2 x Playground

Plenty of SoK to fill in the gaps. Thanks

DeletedUser110179

Here's one for you Bridgeman:

4 x Palaces
3 x Eastern tower
2 x Western tower
3 x Pond
2 x Playground

Plenty of SoK to fill in the gaps. Thanks
Query1b.jpg

You can use Sacred Sky Watch to fill in 3x2 gaps (front and rear).
Quite frankly, you could surround your palaces with SoK (although you'll need road access to each palace and tower).
6 SoK, 4 Palaces, 2 Eastern Tower & 2 Sacred Sky watch = 30 fp/d

BTW: Try loading up your banner pic (although you will need to host it elsewhere).

DeletedUser110179

Hi. I was wondering if you could help me with my summer event buildings. I have the following;
2 Palace
2 Western Towers
1 Eastern Tower
2 Bandar Playgrounds
2 Maharaja's Jungle Ponds
And a fair few SoK's and Sacred Sky watch's
Thanks in advance. Your maps have been very helpful.
Vikingraider1.jpg

You could fill-up with houses or SoK on the left and right (with single access to the Palaces) ... if you are tight on space.
Also, you can switch the towers to front if you so prefer.
6 SoK, 2 Palace, 1 Eastern Tower = 17 fp/d

EDIT: I forgot the road access to your Eastern Tower.

DeletedUser6065

Didn't bother to finish the second group of quests in any world.
Didn't bother to finish the first group of quests in EastNag.
Had 44+ tickets left in several worlds.
Just not worth it.
Crap.
Totally crap.
. . . mk

DeletedUser110195

You're kidding right? Sure there were plenty of garbage prizes but there were also WWs and SoKs. Even if you didn't care for the palace set, which is about equal to everything a terrace farm produces, all at once, in the same footprint, you could still use those tickets for WWs and SoKs....

DeletedUser110179

Had 44+ tickets left in several worlds.
Just not worth it.
Crap.
Totally crap.
. . . mk
I guess you haven't fallen in love with the A R C and big business financing (Hi fp income is key ... making Palace combos great value).
A 4-Palace combo is more efficient than a Terrace Farm ... and has the income of 5 TFs.

That's a major boost in your production capacity (even for a veteran).