• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2017

DeletedUser107760

Only people who seem to be excited about this event is the Mods.

I like it and I'm not a Mod :) If I see a grey SoK on the wheel now, I don't fell as bad as I did on previous events. I used to miss 4 of them, now just 1 :) And less tickets people have, less snipping can one experience. But that is just my opinion after 2 days, so I'll see maybe things change.

DeletedUser110179

I agree with everything said about this event, seems Inno are making it more and more obvious that they are about pushing people to either buy diamonds or make way for those who will ..
When you put it like that I guess they are.
What happened to the good old days when everything was free and having fun was more important than winning at great cost.
FoE has graduated into the professional world of big money and hard work.

DeletedUser102085

Is there a glitch between systems that you play this game on? I heard a rumor that Ipad players can actually time the wheel and get whatever they want where the rest of us have a RNG determine our spin. I just watched a guy spin 20 times and get the gold prize or the special combo building on 15 of them. Something is going on.

DeletedUser109966

What I don't get is why can't any of the set pieces be motivated... it makes them so useless on there own... my crappy (but loved) Phoenix Statue gives more happiness than a solo Chhatri Garden which takes up 3x the space...

I know they give more if in a complete set, but they are utterly crap standing solo... couldn't a better balance have been created ??... Especially with the sets dominating the Summer Event wheel...

DeletedUser108047

the neighbourhood medal reward is scaled for age... in AF it is about 750 per

Mandelynn

Corporal
I had 15 spins on one city and 11 on another. the 15 one I ended up with two houses and three motivation kits, coins, supplies and one gawd awful avatar. What a waste of my time. I can get all of those those through GE, especially those useless Motivation kits.
My 11 the same but got one set of 10 fps but no event buildings.
These tickets to waste on carp like that is a joke.
Plus, as stated they do force you forward to the next era.
I should have looked at beta first before I wasted my time on this.
I was looking forward to this for a year and so far this entire year all of them except one have been garbage.
Good thing I didn't put real money down on this. I'd be livid more so then I am now.

DeletedUser110195

The other day I spun three times, got 3 tickets, 3 tickets, and 2 tickets. That was some happy times. It was immediately followed by 8 crap rolls...which dampened the mood a lot.

Mandelynn

Corporal
I don't feel these were designed to actually get the full set of either of them. I wait when their is supposedly a better chance of winning something I need, where the odds are the best but obviously that's not the case and getting any one of either set complete is going to be maybe 1 player out of 500.

I haven't seen SOL at all by the way. Nothing that catches my eye oh but there was a rogue...get that from GE too but no hideout or military anything.
lol if they offered one it would be the spearfighters for 10 tickets worth of spins.

DeletedUser110195

Hideouts will come up, if you want them, be patient and wait and did you mean SoK(Shrine of Knowledge)? Sounds to me like you've been SOL this entire event. ;)

Mandelynn

Corporal
LOL I did

Oh the odds now for me to get a complete set are almost 0.
There is the quests after but that will take up too many fp's and even then the odds of a completed set are small.

I am curious how close others are at this point to completing a set so hope people post about it

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Major-General
Oh the odds now for me to get a complete set are almost 0.
There is the quests after but that will take up too many fp's and even then the odds of a completed set are small.

I am curious how close others are at this point to completing a set so hope people post about it

I've completed the Maharaja set. Need pretty much everything for the other one though. Only diamonds I've used where for a scout.

DeletedUser109218

Does the game allow for the fact that I completed the world map- worried that I cant complete the quest as there are no provinces I can conquer to satisfy the quest??

I've completed the Maharaja set. Need pretty much everything for the other one though. Only diamonds I've used where for a scout.
That is good to hear. I have also wondered at the chance of a full set.

I haven't seen [SoK] at all by the way.
I gained a Shrine of Knowledge early on. My first one and for the size, I'm stuggling to see what's so great about it. The size of a house but a lot less people and less gold (for a moderately active player).

AND it needs yet another of those elusive upgrade kits when moving to a new age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103902

This event is only good for new players......come on please give something back to the oldies, barracks is a big miss and even the fact you can no longer go for the same prize in the same wheel is a disappointment, and I for one are hating these jigsaw buildings. I've been told that inno want this game to be more a trading game, then don't have barracks, PvP, GE or GVG, I didn't start a game for it to be a FarmVille. The best part of FoE is the fighting, please when will inno listen to us, I even gave up on beta because they don't listen to anything we have to say......tbh the game was better 2 years ago, until the doom of the AA map. The events get worse by each release. If it wasn't for my guildies, some other players and a bit of global banter I'd have left. this game is going to have a life span of a year or so for new players, because there is nothing to look forward too. :( very disappointed player.

I have just accidentally set my scout off. I was keeping him back for Quest 14. He will take 16 hours.

Does anyone know if the scout must be started for that Quest or whether the scout finishing is what counts?