• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2017

DeletedUser4727

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far, its appreciated as always.

So after the massive amount of negative feedback on the beta server it looks like nothing has changed and it's still a lot worse then last years event
That's not quite accurate. As was pointed out, Beta feedback led to Town Hall tickets being given before the quests had been finished, a major change to the overall flow of the event.

Yes, the event buildings are indeed large, but as has been pointed out, not everyone's play style is the same :) For some, the new buildings are ideal, and some will love the aesthetics of them over other aspects, too. Not all buildings are going to improve output for players who live on the bleeding edge of efficiency in Forge :)

DeletedUser107470

Are they going to do a limited release of the event as per the new GB platform. might as well turn the game into a total joke.

The 2017 Summer Event is a seasonal event that will run from June 28th to July 19th.

I repeat:
Can we know the time the event will start?
A date is not a time. In my limited experience, these things are not made available just after midnight on the day. So, at what time will it be available?

Not true ... there must be tons of Big City guru's out there, gunning for 10 SoK's ... just to see if they can. ♩▼♩
There's plenty of newer players looking forward to it too. Sure, there are things I don't like (such as ALL the buildings needing to be upgraded, meaning a very limited life for them, for players near the beginning of the game) but it's a challenge and that's why I play the game at all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

A date is not a time. In my limited experience, these things are not made available just after midnight on the day. So, at what time will it be available?
Well, I guess a date is part of the time ... it just depends on the degree of accuracy that you require.
They usually start at the same time (depending on your International Time Zone) ... I'ld say around the same time as the GE.

Sure, there are things I don't like (such as ALL the buildings needing to be upgraded, meaning a very limited life for them, for players near the beginning of the game) but it's a challenge and that's why I play the game at all.
So true ... although coins and supplies are the hardest hit ... happiness, less so ... and goods and fps are the same for all ages.

♩▼♩

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Why not both? 8-)
I'll tell you why not, you compound your required happiness problem severely. The solution to building inno tower at a lower age is to build lotus temple with it, happiness and coins to make up for no houses.

LOL - Stingy! Can't even deliver fp's to the inventory anymore. Spin and win a fp prize and to the bar they go. Stingy!
Agreed. This disadvantages newer players tremendously over those who have had time to build structures that give them masses of fps every day. The only way newer players could occasionally compete is by having stored 100+ fps in the inventory. It is a real disincentive for new players to carry on.

Agreed. This disadvantages newer players tremendously over those who have had time to build structures that give them masses of fps every day. The only way newer players could occasionally compete is by having stored 100+ fps in the inventory. It is a real disincentive for new players to carry on.

Agreed! I just don't see how a newer player could build up any FP packs that would make them useful for GB donating.

DeletedUser111095

As some of the rewards use up a lot of space, why don't you offer expansions as a prize on the Wheel of fortune. I think a lot of people would appreciate that.

DeletedUser7466

Can you build multiple sets of the Indian temple buildings? The overall set looks pretty decent to me. I know it says unique but wasn't sure if that just meant the building next to it

kkrazykatz

Private
Hate that the only choice we have with these events is whether or not we play them. Not a fan of 100% CHANCE events. Sorry, but I give a thumbs down. I will end up with uncompleted sets, other crap, more crap and oh... no place to put any of them anyway. Too many new buildings lately, maybe you should throw in a chance to win an expansion or two. Seriously, we need an event with a store where we can purchase what we want with event resources. Or at least one that gives us some control over the choices. I will play but not with gusto.

DeletedUser110179

Hate that the only choice we have with these events is whether or not we play them. Not a fan of 100% CHANCE events.
Not quite 100% random especially if you improve your odds by stacking up on tickets before you spin ... and/or letting the neighbours take a few prizes before you jump in and clean-up until you get the prize you want.