• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2017

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I guess I'll never know the true answer. The wheel was in play for over 35 minutes with no one trying it and I was not able to get an answer. The wheel with nothing taken was finally refreshed and the gold choice is now the Champion's retreat with NO costs associated with it. Maybe others were thinking the same thing I was that it wasn't worth trying then having to pay for your prize with diamonds. As I said before, the Summer Event is certainly a letdown from what it was last year. Just a money grab by forcing diamonds to be bought!!

DeletedUser110179

I have been noticing a lot of golds going on refresh. ... That's 2 palaces and 2 fountains for 10 tickets, if it was the same person. I'll have what he is having, thankyou!
I think it's nice that there may be a bias towards winning gold on the refresh.

It doesn't seem fair to penalise those that keep the wheel stocked up on new stuff ... just so that a few predators can pounce from the sidelines. I haven't refreshed the wheel at all ... eventhough I'm close to completing a 6 Palace combination. That said, the Palace set works best in groups of 4 ... ie 4, 8, 12 etc ... so I'll need to pull a few rabbits out of the hat.

I'm keen to try a refresh just for fun.

DeletedUser110179

According to the latest data ... a recurring 115 block Indian is the most efficient.

23i9pgp.jpg

2iu2amg.jpg

115 size Indian (10 x 10 = 100 squares [ excl roadway ] ) [see original post by pawelp]
24 fps
30 goods
0.209 fp/square
0.261 goods/square

Let's face it, it's easier to get 13 palace pieces (4 Gold) compared to 24 SoK (All Gold).
NB: You only use 1 Pond and 2 Bandar in each block of 4 Palace's .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109966

I think it's nice that there may be a bias towards winning gold on the refresh.

It doesn't seem fair to penalise those that keep the wheel stocked up on new stuff ... just so that a few predators can pounce from the sidelines.

You make it sound a nefarious practice to patiently wait for prizes you want... personally, if there is a bias towards the best prizes on a refresh (and it certainly appears that way), then I don't find that refreshing in the slightest... I guess one man's medicine is another man's poison.

Patience & Ticket Hording goes a long way. I did some refreshes, but mostly, I waited for the wheel to have my target Item → the SoK.
I bagged 10 SoK's, 1 bazaar, & 1 Palace set. And, of course, a slew of other items. It's been a great haul for me.

Thank You Wheel Refreshers.

Always be ready to Pounce on a good deal; that means saving (whether it's Tickets in this game or Money in the real world) so that you have the means to Pounce!

Works for me!

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Looks like it's happening again even though others say it doesn't. The Gold spot is presently occupied with the Waterfront Villa a Premium house and the cost is 600 Diamonds in red. Was told that all Golds should be free but Inno strikes again with diamond charges. Who wants to spin when there is such an outrageous cost that one would have to pay for with probably cash which is good for the higher ups who decide our destinies in this game. Shame!!!!!

DeletedUser105582

Why did you take the standard military buildings (artillery ranges and camps, fast, heavy and light unit barracks, etc.) off the list of prizes for the summer event? They were in the original list published in Wikia, but were then removed the day after the event started, and it appears that you haven't offered them even once so far this year. They have also always been offered during the two main seasonal events every year for the three years that I've been playing. Please put them back and offer them. They're really the only thing I wanted from this event.

DeletedUser100832

Crikey... people have almost 15 Maharajah's palaces already. That's a lot of diamonds.

elephant set is quite good for fp as well, alternating the gate and the two 1x1's gives you the same fp as a sok. And the fountain is great for att boost.

EDIT: SoK is 0.25 fp/square, not 0.2 as some people have said. The palace set comes very close to that ratio, but never quite. But with what I said above about the elephant set it's achievable.

EDIT 2: I suppose you have to count the roads as well.

DeletedUser110195

Crikey... people have almost 15 Maharajah's palaces already. That's a lot of diamonds.
A lot of diamonds or horribly unlucky spins on the wheel, unless they have enough of the rest of the set to get FPs out of all 15 of those palaces.

DeletedUser96901

EDIT: SoK is 0.25 fp/square, not 0.2 as some people have said. The palace set comes very close to that ratio, but never quite. But with what I said above about the elephant set it's achievable.
your SoK don't need roads ?

because if you take that road into the calculation it is 0,2 :rolleyes:

DeletedUser100832

A lot of diamonds or horribly unlucky spins on the wheel, unless they have enough of the rest of the set to get FPs out of all 15 of those palaces.

I don't think for me palace even came up more than about 5 times, so you'd have to do a lot of refreshing to get to it. And during that time you'd pick up the other pieces, which are more common.

your SoK don't need roads ?

because if you take that road into the calculation it is 0,2 :rolleyes:

yeah, my bad, if you count the roads the palace combos are better. Might get the 121 one if I am lucky, still need one more palace and one more eastern tower for that.

DeletedUser110179

I don't think for me palace even came up more than about 5 times, so you'd have to do a lot of refreshing to get to it.
Me too ... which server are you on ?
On EN4, I got 5 Places and 4 SoK quite easily ... but EN7 is a real bugger.

DeletedUser16112

On D-world I got 5 quite easily ... but EN7 it's a real bugger.

I am struggling. Don't see many palaces on the wheel, and when I do they are either gone really fast or someone refreshes away from the palace. I have 26 tickets left so there is still hope.

DeletedUser16112

Start and stop on same item, it had to be on nearly full wheel and first rotation and first spin as the next spin the ratio changes.

I don't quite understand what you mean here. Is there a way to get the prize you want on the wheel by timing when you stop the spin?

DeletedUser110179

Don't see many palaces on the wheel, and when I do they are either gone really fast or someone refreshes away from the palace.
Idiots ... what can you do ... ?

A palace just came on the wheel so I bought tickets and Refreshed and spun.
Even Inno can't cure that kind of stupidity ... I've definitely lost the plot.

What I really, really want ... is to buy 11k diamonds (best value) and spend it on Cherry Gardens ... lol.

DeletedUser15986

According to the latest data ... a recurring 115 block Indian is the most efficient.

115 size Indian (10 x 10 = 100 squares [ excl roadway ] ) [see original post by pawelp]
24 fps
30 goods
0.209 fp/square
0.261 goods/square

Let's face it, it's easier to get 13 palace pieces (4 Gold) compared to 24 SoK (All Gold).
NB: You only use 1 Pond and 2 Bandar in each block of 4 Palace's .

Those figures only work if you can place multiple blocks of 4 palaces, and only for blocks that are fully surrounded by other blocks. As soon as you have to "close the loop" with the final set of road tiles the efficiency drops to 0.193(ish) for FP, and if you only have the one block the figure is 0.184 FP/Sq with minimal road connections.

DeletedUser110179

Those figures only work if you can place multiple blocks of 4 palaces, and only for blocks that are fully surrounded by other blocks. As soon as you have to "close the loop" with the final set of road tiles the efficiency drops to 0.193(ish) for FP, and if you only have the one block the figure is 0.184 FP/Sq with minimal road connections.
Quite right ... you really need 3 or more blocks of 4-Palace combos to realise SoK efficiency.
1 block only, reverts to a 121 size Indian.

Even arranging 3 or 4 blocks in this manner is likely to be hazardous to any congested city.
Perhaps, the real value of Palaces isn't efficiency ... but the sheer quantity of fps that can be produced,
in relatively few and easily acquired buildings.
Extreme space-efficiency may, be of secondary importance, to newer players who haven't built up large arrays of SoK like so many
panels on a Solar Farm (Even the Terrace Farm @ 0.154 fps/square becomes attractive in these circumstances).

There are 46 TFs amongst the Top 10 players on EN7 (3 have none) ... ample opportunity for replacement if efficiency is key.