• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2015

DeletedUser99588

it would be most welcome to have the option to disable the spin in this event

+1, if it doesn't do anything lets not have to wait for it.

DeletedUser16026

The spinning itself is essentially for fun and show and the option to stop it early is to save time by not watching the whole spin if you do not want to. I can see how one can grow tiresome of it though, we'll pass that along with the other feedback for the event (though not as a full proposal of course).

DeletedUser106685

If the spin is disabled altogether, it will allow players to empty a wheel in a matter of seconds.
Because of the spin delay, other neighbors also have a chance to win a few of the premium rewards.
In an active neighborhood, it's a tough battle every time, with 3 or 4 players shooting for the same prize.
I think this is part of the excitement, and what makes this event so much fun for many players.

DeletedUser7719

If the spin is disabled altogether, it will allow players to empty a wheel in a matter of seconds.
Because of the spin delay, other neighbors also have a chance to win a few of the premium rewards.
In an active neighborhood, it's a tough battle every time, with 3 or 4 players shooting for the same prize.
I think this is part of the excitement, and what makes this event so much fun for many players.
You could say the same for the soccer event as well, neighbors have a better chance at winning a high cup opportunity when they get more shots in less time due to turning the animation off ;)
That being said, I will still be undecided for the disable spin proposal

DeletedUser

DarkStar is correct, the stop button does not do anything.

if thats the case then its an insult to our intelligence !!

There is nothing strange about getting three premium prizes with four tries, the probability of that is about 0.5%, which isn't even that low. It must have happened to hundreds of people this event. Even getting 50 Wishing Wells isn't that impressive. If you completed the quests on all worlds, and spent your spins only when there were Wishing Wells available, you should have gotten at least 56 Wishing Wells with plenty of spins to spare. In other words, your 50 is in fact below average.

Total and utter rubbish Roseltyne

Further to my last post tho I asked the following questions and got the following response..... to me the first is ridiculous and the second is a complete falsehood and is intended to mislead players which STINKS !!!!

-

and if it really IS just for entertainment then they should publish the % chance of getting each prize like they do with the Chests on the Easter Event !!!!

SHELOB

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

Just a simple idea, disable the sound when someone refreshes the wheel. Because now everyone is not refreshing the wheel and only keeps pc and pc sound open. Then they go go check fast when someone refreshes.

this sound causes a lot joiners, and in respond no one dares to refresh the wheel himself.

DeletedUser16026

iand if it really IS just for entertainment then they should publish the % chance of getting each prize like they do with the Chests on the Easter Event !!!!

100%/9 = 11.11% if the wheel is full. If it's not, you can calculate depending on the number of available prizes.

The chests on Easter Event are a different matter, here you have the same chances to win any of the listed prizes.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Total and utter rubbish Rosletyne.

Wrong, it was all true.

Further to my last post though I asked the following questions and got the following response... to me the first is ridiculous and the second is a complete falsehood and is intended to mislead players which STINKS!

So, you accuse me of deliberately lying and misleading players? Why, because you did not like my answer to your question? I don't take kindly to that. Do explain, in mathematical detail, why you think my response was rubbish. Then I will point out the flaws in your thinking and prove you wrong.

DeletedUser15432

Ladies and gentlemen, let us get back on topic, this is a discussion about the current summer event, not an opportunity to call each other names

I know the stop button is just for show, all it does is save you a little time

DeletedUser106459

So, I've not quite completed the event, I am on the 6 x 24 hour quests. But the last few missions really are very dull and lacking in any kind of imagination. Yes, I am grateful for the items I have recieved (1x WW, 1xBazaar, 1xZigaraat, 1x Tiger Den, and a couple of production and population buildings), but that does not stop the ending missions from being horrendously dull.

Maybe the initial quests could have been harder in order to keep the event more interesting for longer - or stagger some of them so those who are higher up need to do more to earn their tickets?

DeletedUser5180

So, I've not quite completed the event, I am on the 6 x 24 hour quests. But the last few missions really are very dull and lacking in any kind of imagination. Yes, I am grateful for the items I have recieved (1x WW, 1xBazaar, 1xZigaraat, 1x Tiger Den, and a couple of production and population buildings), but that does not stop the ending missions from being horrendously dull.

Maybe the initial quests could have been harder in order to keep the event more interesting for longer - or stagger some of them so those who are higher up need to do more to earn their tickets?

every few quests was a 24hr one for an extra ticket, this surely was to slow players down that were auto completing many tech / map quests.?

on the subject of the stop button doing nothing in my opinion this is isleading for the following reason....

the majority of players do not and have never used this forum and a vast number of that players will then be unaware that the stop button is non functioning.

it would be fair to say then, that many players will spend money on this event assuming they have some control over the spinning of the wheel....if they were aware they had no control and it was pre-determined then they may not spend that money.

i'd say it's very misleading and although perhaps not false advertising its certainly bordering on that kind of thing.

DeletedUser914

I did put alot of money in the game during this summerevent. Summerevent is so far the best event to get some missing buildings, and for me one to invest. Please do not complain about boredom, it is a great opportunity to get further in this game and for inno a way to get some money.

After the disappointing drum drum Easter event, this summerevent is really amazing.

DeletedUser5399

… I am on the 6 x 24 hour quests. But the last few missions really are very dull and lacking in any kind of imagination. Yes, I am grateful for the items I have recieved … but that does not stop the ending missions from being horrendously dull.

Which is exactly what I meant by posting: "What a bore!" :p

Not only that but getting only one Ticket for a 24-hour Quest is chintzy. Got a few good prizes from the main quests, but the last several ending quests were a time-consuming waste. :(

DeletedUser96901

but the last several ending quests were a time-consuming waste.
lol

collecting a few productions every day in SECONDS is really time-consuming
and spending those FP: nobody would spend their FP if there wasn't those quest

and can I please have more of those "waste tickets" next year

DeletedUser15432

the last several ending quests were a time-consuming waste. :(

I disagree with this, those extra quests only take a few seconds every day and have given some extra prizes

Currently I have received a total of 147 premium prizes of which I have managed to position 144 in various cities

DeletedUser16126

Just a simple idea, disable the sound when someone refreshes the wheel. Because now everyone is not refreshing the wheel and only keeps pc and pc sound open. Then they go go check fast when someone refreshes.

this sound causes a lot joiners, and in respond no one dares to refresh the wheel himself.
Excellent feedback! Next year I'll enable the sound during this event!

DeletedUser97018

just a note that today on H, i collected 3 of my buildings that were on 24 hr cycle and none got counted torward the goal (need to collect 2 more to be done with the event)
must say, none of them were balcksmiths, so maybe that's why :rolleyes:
anyway, i have blacksmiths on 24 hr cycles too, so will confirm that in about 2 hrs... :p

edit:
just collected from 2 blacksmiths and it added to the goal - this also revealed that i have to get some more 24 hr ones
had another 5 blacksmiths and all added correctly
now i'm still 3 short, and just made all blacksmiths on 24 hr cycles
just in case...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106459

I did put alot of money in the game during this summerevent. Summerevent is so far the best event to get some missing buildings, and for me one to invest. Please do not complain about boredom, it is a great opportunity to get further in this game and for inno a way to get some money.

After the disappointing drum drum Easter event, this summerevent is really amazing.

I think you miss the point here, I have not said that you can't acquire some decent stuff. I said it was, and is, boring. I entirely disagree that it amazing.

I haven't invested a pound, and it wouldn't have made it more interesting if I had. The missions are dull and lazy, particularly the end.

DeletedUser106459

I disagree with this, those extra quests only take a few seconds every day and have given some extra prizes

Currently I have received a total of 147 premium prizes of which I have managed to position 144 in various cities

This is down to luck though. I've had 3 tickets in the last week, and 1 spin got me a bloody portrait.

I have blacksmiths taking up space that outside of the summer event are running a more efficient building. A few seconds maybe - but you are losing out on quite a lot of extra produce.