• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2015

DeletedUser

On my main world, I'm at a point where coins/supplies/units have become worthless to me. I've got nearly half a billion coins. For me, the only good prizes on the wheel are SoKs and avatars.

DeletedUser6065

The greatest wheel ever - Dinegu.
4 Circus, 4 Grenadier, 3 Ziggs showing.
And little me w/ 20 tickets.

. . . .mk

DeletedUser5180

On my main world, I'm at a point where coins/supplies/units have become worthless to me. I've got nearly half a billion coins. For me, the only good prizes on the wheel are SoKs and avatars.

you'll never need that much coins, why not convert to fps....

i rarely have over 10 million gold as its useless whereas buying fps means i'm actually getting something useful in exchange for something of no use :)

DeletedUser6065

' . . . BTW I believe I am on quest 14/22, with over 15 days left, what will happen should I get through all 22 with lots of time left? I know there are the daily quests but 1 spin a day is a bit meh.'

I have seen reports that the event 'continues' with 'X 24hr. Resources + X Forge Points'. I have seen reports of 6/22, 7/24 and 8/24. How many of these additions there are and at what rates, I cannot say.

So - I'm loading up on the Blacksmiths, and setting them at 24 hr. now. Then, wait 'til I get to the final Quest and see what happens.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser5399

Seems like the majority of quests in this event is doing x number of 24-hour productions. What a bore.

DeletedUser105544

Seems like the majority of quests in this event is doing x number of 24-hour productions. What a bore.

Yep, after diamond reward, additional quest were all consisted of spending X forge points + 24h supply production X times

boring indeed

DeletedUser5399

Yep, after diamond reward, additional quest were all consisted of spending X forge points + 24h supply production X times

boring indeed
So then the Diamond Reward Quest was basically the last real quest? I can just look forward to more and more 24-hour Productions and spending Forge Points? Gah! :p

DeletedUser7990

boring indeed

The again finishing all the quests really quickly is also boring. The 24 hour quest thing at least drags out the quests, which was one big complain from previous years.

DeletedUser97883

Just dropping in to say that it sucks to be in a small beginner hood (I'm currently in IA in one of my worlds, and my hood is getting smaller every day, today there's only 16 players left) during this event. Barely anything ever happens with the wheel. Inno should reconsider the system that causes beginner hoods to be so small (I'm guessing it's because inactive players are being removed).

DeletedUser7990

Just dropping in to say that it sucks to be in a small beginner hood (I'm currently in IA in one of my worlds, and my hood is getting smaller every day, today there's only 16 players left) during this event. Barely anything ever happens with the wheel. Inno should reconsider the system that causes beginner hoods to be so small (I'm guessing it's because inactive players are being removed).

Yeah, that would suck, I got loads of medals because people were playing on the wheel.

DeletedUser96901

sure beginner hood
starting before an event to get the extra diamonds

and then complaining that the hood gets small very fast
if you would start 4-6 week before an event there would already be 2 merges and enough neighbors during the event

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that would suck, I got loads of medals because people were playing on the wheel.
I got a very little amount of medals in a very large hood from the neighborhood goal
only 1% of the medals the next expansion would cost :rolleyes:

as beginner 60 medals because you have 5 neighbors equals 2 expansion
for long playing players 1000 medals because of many neighbors equals almost nothing of an expansion

so how can a "beginner" can complain he gets too less medals :eek:
the "old" players should complain because they still get 20 medals in Tomorrow when the goal is reached

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

boring indeed

So then the Diamond Reward Quest was basically the last real quest? I can just look forward to more and more 24-hour Productions and spending Forge Points? Gah! :p

it amazes me how players moan about something being boring

once the event is over and you collect your diamonds then just stop, don't do the extra quests for more tickets if its that boring.......simples

an extra ticket from a boring quest at the end of the event is worth the same as one from earlier, if you win a shrine with a ticket gained from an extra quest will it be boring having to collet fps from it.?

lighten up eh

DeletedUser15432

Well, still doing all right on the quests, finished on 11 worlds now and have accrued over 130 premium items as well some more wishing wells and rogues hideouts

DeletedUser

You cannot be certain of this without seeing the code. For example it could be that spin is pressed and a prize is determined and if it is a portrait you own the code defaults to the next prize. Alternatively it could be how you describe and portraits you own are removed from the win list before the spin and therefore could never be won.

Without seeing the code behind it we can only hypothesise how it works.

Either way the good thing is we do not get duplicate portraits.

I have JUST had this conversation with DarkStar the CCM who tells me that the Stop Button does NOTHING and is there for entertainment ONLY. Despite this, I have managed to get 50 (yes FIFTY !!!) Wishy Wells from this event to add to the 44 I already had (distributed across all 14 worlds) by timing my use of the Stop Button to MY best advantage. DarkStar reckons that your prize is pre-selected before you even hit the Spin Button yet I have been sent the following extract from my game log which shows me getting 3 Wishy Wells from 4 attempts within ONE minute.

Wishing Well (1 L_AllAge_EasterBonus1) 26.06.2015 14:13:14
Wishing Well (1 L_AllAge_EasterBonus1) 26.06.2015 14:12:58
Sir David (1 david) 26.06.2015 14:12:43 Fri
Wishing Well (1 L_AllAge_EasterBonus1) 26.06.2015 14:12:27
Large Medal Package (50 medals) 26.06.2015 14:12:07

The Mods and Management it would appear are adamant that the Stop Button does nothing tho..... anyone want to give me a clue ??

SHELOB

PS:.... this is the thread that DarkStar sent me to justify his claims >>

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?22778-Proof-that-the-summer-event-is-rigged/page6

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
DarkStar is correct, the stop button does not do anything. Some people in my guild were claiming it did, so to shut them up I recorded several of my spins with a screen recorder. By watching the records frame by frame I could confirm exactly when I pressed the stop button, but the prizes I got were all over the wheel. There was not even any tendency to stop near the prize where I clicked stop. It is just luck and confirmation bias. If it actually worked, it would work all of the time, not on every second spin during a full moon, or whatever you tell yourself every time you don't get the prize you aimed for.

There is nothing strange about getting three premium prizes with four tries, the probability of that is about 0.5%, which isn't even that low. It must have happened to hundreds of people this event. Even getting 50 Wishing Wells isn't that impressive. If you completed the quests on all worlds, and spent your spins only when there were Wishing Wells available, you should have gotten at least 56 Wishing Wells with plenty of spins to spare. In other words, your 50 is in fact below average.

DeletedUser16026

Okay since you wanna publicly discuss this let me present in public what I said without you twisting my words.

The linked thread was to show you that yes this has been discussed publicly before, that is one of many threads, and anyone can look up the info (because that specific thread is on the first page of google when you look for summer event random prizes). It is not for me justifying my claims --- I have nothing to justify. When you choose to spin the wheel or 'refresh and spin' randomly a prize from the wheel is selected and after the spinning stops you're shown what you won. But what you've won is picked randomly beforehand so you do not lose anything if your game crashes - simply contact support and they'll let you know what you've won.

Secondly, the post from thanatos refers to how things work if the "randomly selected reward" ends up being a portrait you already own. I have not said anything on that matter to you and it's a completely different discussion.

In case it's still not clear though - your reward does not depend on when you choose to stop the wheel. That would make the whole thing rigged.

DeletedUser106685

As soon as you click spin, your prize is already known. The rest of the spinning and stop button is irrelevant.
How can you test this for yourself?
Have a quest going that asks you to collect an x-amount of coins or supplies.
When you spin the wheel, you can win a prize that completes the quest.
As soon as you click spin, you will see the green check mark that your quest is completed, even though the wheel is still spinning.
And it will be no surprise that you will indeed see the wheel stopping at a coin or supply package.
So there.

DeletedUser12400

Well, still doing all right on the quests, finished on 11 worlds now and have accrued over 130 premium items as well some more wishing wells and rogues hideouts

Aye same story.. Acquired many wishing wells, premium and special buildings and over 5K diamonds from 14 worlds.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
In case it's still not clear though - your reward does not depend on when you choose to stop the wheel. That would make the whole thing rigged.

So what is the purpose of having the 'Stop' function? If the rewards are pre-determined upon clicking 'Spin' it seems largely irrelevant to have it.
In the soccer event last year there was the option to disable the animation of the penalty shoot out - it would be most welcome to have the option to disable the spin in this event also, considering that a) the prize is already pre-determined, and b) it's a bit boring having to wait for the wheel to stop when spending numerous tickets.

Last edited: