• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Suggestions] .... regarding Goods and their display as well as a Premium enhancement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

To make life a bit easier, and as most of the respective tooltips I'll mention below are available already, it would be nice if the following features would be implemented:

1) Make more use of the town hall, perhaps like this:
33o6r00.png

---> green thumbs-up and a blank checkbox = building on the map, but not producing goods.
---> green thumbs-up and a checked checkbox = building on the map and producing goods. Hovering the mouse over the thumbs-up tells you how long until production is finished and how many goods are in production.
---> ability to use these checkboxes to start or stop the goods production of your buildings without having to go on the map and tick your buildings there. If you own more than one of the same goods buildings, checking the check box brings up a dialog asking you if you want to start/stop production in one or all of these identical buildings.
---> green numbers in brackets: Indicate that you have conquered a goods deposit for these goods and how many raw materials are still left.
---> name of goods colored in red: You have not researched this tech yet.
---> red thumbs-down: You have not constructed this building.
So in this example, you haven't researched the Ebony building yet, but you've already conquered a province providing you with ebony trees, while your Vineyard is producing 10 wine which will be finished in 6:57:14 hours, with 123 grapes left in your deposit. You have a stone mason not producing anything, and no weaving mill.

###################################################################

2) In the research tree, add more information, perhaps like this:
av0w28.png

---> Show your missing resources in brackets, colored in red.
---> Note that this tooltip only appears when hovering the mouse over that grayed out icon like the one seen in the "Trade Routes" box, I've manipulated the tooltip to also pop up when hovering over a "light bulb" (building currently being researched). That's the way it should be, if you want info about the research in progress, currently you must click on the light bulb which is annoying sometimes.

3) In the sector options, add a tooltip as shown below and stolen from the tech tree where this is already available:
jagqkk.png

---> when hovering the mouse over the goods icon, display it's name. I don't have the brain of an elephant and can't memorise what each of the 22 symbols stand for.

4) Remove the option to buy goods for diamonds in the research tree or when negotiating for a province sector. Instead, implement the features of the town hall I suggested above and make those available only to premium players, cost can be 500 diamonds per month.
Why? Obtaining goods is one of the hardest struggles players are having currently, you just need to scan the forum a bit. Avoiding this struggle by simply buying the goods you need gives you a huge advantage over free-players as far as game progress is concerned. Game progress should however not be influenced much, if at all, with real money. My suggestion would improve playing comfort, but NOT game progress.

Of course costs for the enhanced town hall may increase to 501 diamonds per month (or even: sit down please: 502!!) if we get:
--> the suggested goods features
--> the ability to upload an own avatar picture to the profile
--> a subfolder to permanently save important event reports
--> a subfolder to permanently save important ingame messages
--> replacement of those 2 silly icons below the questgivers suggesting you pay for a one-time production boost or a one-time gimme all resources function by corresponding tabs in the town hall. But wait, that would cost 503 diamonds per month which obviously nobody can afford, so that's me being silly, thus ignore this last point.

... and so on and so on - imagination has no frontiers ;-)

Please excuse my blatant attempts in "graphic design", I'm just a low life carpenter, just trying to get the points across.
That's all folks :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Very good ideas. That would be an excellent use of Premium.

I hope your ideas are taken seriously.

DeletedUser3990

I just opened a bug report on suggestion #3 as I thought it was already implemented but broken. Come to find out it was never setup to begin with! Please create a mouse over for goods name in section options.

Status
Not open for further replies.