• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion - remove one useless click in expedition

• Thread starter DeletedUser111949
  • Start date

DeletedUser111949

After you finish a battle/negociation in expedition, you receive a message with how many points you contribute. Why we don't receive this message as a pop up, without having to click ok? I am sure 99% of player never look at this points. Please remove this. Less useless clicks = more fun the game.

Agent327

Overlord
I think the "Please remove this" is self-evident. Agree.. although not if the pop-up hangs there for a while and blocks the player from the next move.

Remove is self evident, but after that we get

Why we don't receive this message as a pop up, without having to click ok?

Recieving it as a pop-up isn't removing it. What he seems to want is the pop-up disappearing again automatically and that is not removing it.

So he isn't really clear on what he wants and in order to discuss anything he should be. Apart from that what would actually be the need of discussing it? How many do you expect to say they rather still have to click something away?

I have a better idea, remove that "Victory pop-up" banner in app version, or whatever it's called. You start autobattling trough GE and after defeating the first wave it obscures the enemy units you're about to face in the next wave.

It does dissappear on it's own after a couple of seconds (or you can click on it to dismiss it) but it is annoying if you are about to do 20 or 30 battles in a row.

What is the use of that feature? Why wasn't it positioned elsewhere so it does not cover the part of the screen which contains important info for your next battle?

stevejohnson

Private
I have a better idea, remove that "Victory pop-up" banner in app version, or whatever it's called. You start autobattling trough GE and after defeating the first wave it obscures the enemy units you're about to face in the next wave.

It does dissappear on it's own after a couple of seconds (or you can click on it to dismiss it) but it is annoying if you are about to do 20 or 30 battles in a row.

What is the use of that feature? Why wasn't it positioned elsewhere so it does not cover the part of the screen which contains important info for your next battle?
I can only agree , you know you have won you don't need to be told

stevejohnson

Private
Remove is self evident, but after that we get

Recieving it as a pop-up isn't removing it. What he seems to want is the pop-up disappearing again automatically and that is not removing it.

So he isn't really clear on what he wants and in order to discuss anything he should be. Apart from that what would actually be the need of discussing it? How many do you expect to say they rather still have to click something away?
I think you should change your "I am blessed" statement to " nit picker"

Ok-- DO we have to click "ok" to a popup about our points for guild---Truly I have never noticed having to do that. I know the popup--but I will watch more closely this next time-- but if we do (which means I must be doing that) then I have never paid attention to it- and it isn't really much of an impediment to continuing the fun. But it will have to wait till next time, as I have already finished this one. The suspense is killing me. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser111095

I support this suggestion, but I think we need to take it a lot further. Here's my suggestion on how to streamline GE - particularly for the web version (may also be viable for the mobile version).

My suggestion is to get rid of clicks and introduce auto-moving (as follows):

Currently, after you finish a battle/negotiation, you need to click on OK for the guild points popup. Then click on the chest to get the prize and then click on OK to close the chest. Then you need to click on the next encounter to start it.

My suggestion is to streamline it as follows. After you finish a battle/negotiation, remove the guild points popup (if people want to see their points they can click on the bar at the top whenever they want). Then automatically move to the chest and open it (no more manual moving and clicking). People can click on OK to collect the reward from the chest and then they get automatically moved to the next encounter which automatically opens with the option to attack or negotiate. If they have no more attempts left, then the next encounter doesn't open and, as per the current process, the attempt doesn't get used until they click on Attack or Negotiate.

The auto-moving continues until they run out of attempts or reach the next gate (every 4th encounter). Then they can pick up any relics and start the auto-moving by clicking on the next encounter. You could also take this one step further and instead of stopping at the gate every 4 attempts, stop at the end of the level or when they run out of attempts. Then at the end of the level they can go back and pick up any relics and move to the next level.

This would make GE a lot more fun and less of a click-fest :)

Agent327

Overlord
After you finish a battle/negotiation, remove the guild points popup (if people want to see their points they can click on the bar at the top whenever they want). Then automatically move to the chest and open it (no more manual moving and clicking). People can click on OK to collect the reward from the chest and then they get automatically moved to the next encounter which automatically opens with the option to attack or negotiate. If they have no more attempts left, then the next encounter doesn't open and, as per the current process, the attempt doesn't get used until they click on Attack or Negotiate.

What if I do not want the chest to be opened, or the next encounter to be opened? Do I get an opt-out option as well?

Then at the end of the level they can go back and pick up any relics and move to the next level.

You can already do that.

This would make GE a lot more fun and less of a click-fest :)

A lot more fun???? In what way?

DeletedUser111095

What if I do not want the chest to be opened, or the next encounter to be opened? Do I get an opt-out option as well?
Yes, you don't click on Attack or Negotiate when it pops out and click outside the box to cancel it.

A lot more fun???? In what way?
Less clicks would be a lot more fun for me:

Excluding battle-clicks, adding troops and the victory screen, this is what it currently takes to do one encounter on the web version:

Click on the building/ruin to start the encounter;
Click on Attack or Negotiate;
Do the Battle/negotiation; (lots of clicks in here)
Click 'Continue' when the box pops up to tell you how many Expedition points you earned;
Click on the Chest,
Click OK when the chest box opens to get the reward;
Click on the next building to start the next encounter.

DeletedUser111095

What if I do not want the chest to be opened
Sorry, I overlooked this part of your question. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the chest to be opened, but I'm going to use GBG as an example here. You fight the battle in GBG and as soon as you're finished you get a reward which pops up. That's kinda what I'm suggesting, Finish the encounter and get the reward in the chest.

DeletedUser111095

Ive got a better idea , why not just show the points collected , and have it as a fade out ( 1-2 seconds ) instead of having to click on anything ??
Speaking for myself, I'd like to get from encounter to encounter with less clicks, but also faster, maybe they could include a box at the top of the screen with "your points total: ) or something like that?

Agent327

Overlord
Yes, you don't click on Attack or Negotiate when it pops out and click outside the box to cancel it.

But it altready opens automatically. Now you want me to click again???

Less clicks would be a lot more fun for me

So your fun is supposed to be my fun?

Less clicks only means less work. I don't mind the work. By doing it and be more active at it, I am a better player than you. That's my fun. What's the fun in a game that is being played for you?

... or add a "Cancel" button below the Attack or Negotiate ones.

So you just want to change what to click so it will be an advantage to lazy players and a disadvantage to active players.

Sorry, I overlooked this part of your question. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the chest to be opened, but I'm going to use GBG as an example here. You fight the battle in GBG and as soon as you're finished you get a reward which pops up. That's kinda what I'm suggesting, Finish the encounter and get the reward in the chest.

This isn't about GBG, but about GE. I do not want the chest to be opened, cause at the moment I do not want to risk getting the extra attempts at that time.

Speaking for myself, I'd like to get from encounter to encounter with less clicks, but also faster, maybe they could include a box at the top of the screen with "your points total: ) or something like that?

So basically you want the game to be made easier for you. You want to be able to do things in less time so you can compete with others that do not mind making the effort.

DeletedUser111095

So basically you want the game to be made easier for you. You want to be able to do things in less time so you can compete with others that do not mind making the effort.
Simply put - I don't like the fact that it takes so many clicks and popup boxes to get from one encounter to the next, whilst you clearly do - that's your opinion and I'm not trying to change it. What I am trying to do is suggest ways to make GE more streamlined and usable for those that want to move from encounter to encounter faster and with less popup boxes and clicks.

You enjoy the clicking, I enjoy the encounters. Maybe, if you like, at the end of each encounter we can add 5 extra buttons (1,2,3,4,5) with 5 extra popups for you to click on to satisfy your need for clicking.

However, tbh I'm starting to think you may just be troll-baiting me for the sake of it, so I think it's time for me to withdraw before you start making anymore assertions about the type of person you think I am. In closing, let me say I am not lazy and not trying to compete with anyone, I just popped in to give my support to someone's suggestion and offer my suggestions.