• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion - Points for Siegers

Having spoken with several other players who, like me, having faster connections, use 100's of troops doing the bulk of resieging during GVG battles there is a growing feeling that siegers should be rewarded with ranking points. Might this be something that the developers would consider?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
you didnt have luck, same as i didnt, diference is i dont ask reward for helping guild... :P on serious note, this could be exploited big time... imagine all archers sieges turned into points???

DeletedUser96901

you didnt have luck, same as i didnt, diference is i dont ask reward for helping guild... :P on serious note, this could be exploited big time... imagine all archers sieges turned into points???
obviously archers would only give about 1% of the points than mars units would give

defeating 1 archer gives 180 battle points (+20% if enthusiastic)
a mars unit 15k (champion 20k)

ranking points are 1/50 of battle points

so donating one archer should be equal to defeating one archer
that would be 4 ranking points

that is a little bit more than donating 1 iron age good

I don't see how placing archers can be exploited
you donate 100 times archers
another player one time mars champions. more points
so placing mars units could be exploited :lol:

will be like the big exploit of donating ropes or paper because they have the smallest goods building

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously archers would only give about 1% of the points than mars units would give

defeating 1 archer gives 180 battle points (+20% if enthusiastic)
a mars unit 15k (champion 20k)

ranking points are 1/50 of battle points

so donating one archer should be equal to defeating one archer
that would be 4 ranking points

that is a little bit more than donating 1 iron age good

I don't see how placing archers can be exploited
you donate 100 times archers
another player one time mars champions. more points
so placing mars units could be exploited :lol:

will be like the big exploit of donating ropes or paper because they have the smallest goods building
Yes - that makes sense too :)

Emberguard

Legend
upload_2019-9-23_17-3-59.png

Defeated two spears in neighbourhood
upload_2019-9-23_17-3-42.png

You should already have ranking points from sieging if you are successful. Also just tested in GvG and same result, it gave ranking points

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
It’s almost the same as me asking for ranking points when someone visits me with intention of attacking/plundering, I know my troops remain intact but should I not be rewarded for my defending skills as I am with attacking skills?

Emberguard

Legend
It’s almost the same as me asking for ranking points when someone visits me with intention of attacking/plundering, I know my troops remain intact but should I not be rewarded for my defending skills as I am with attacking skills?
:lol:

Yeah except the big difference is placing sieges and DA's actually spend the units. Only thing is of course it needs to not be exploitable by placing and then deleting without using.

So either it would have to be credited later down the track once a siege successfully defeats the enemy or (for owned hex's) a DA defeated by your enemies -OR- have a reduction in ranking points if your troops are removed by your own guild (release hex / delete or replace DA)

Only thing is this would then give the same ranking points in the final battle to both guilds every time a hex is acquired if it's based on the troops put in the DA.

Last edited:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
:lol:

Yeah except the big difference is placing sieges and DA's actually spend the units. Only thing is of course it needs to not be exploitable by placing and then deleting without using.

So either it would have to be credited later down the track once a siege successfully defeats the enemy or (for owned hex's) a DA defeated by your enemies -OR- have a reduction in ranking points if your troops are removed by your own guild (release hex / delete or replace DA)

Only thing is this would then give the same ranking points in the final battle to both guilds every time a hex is acquired if it's based on the troops put in the DA.
that is what i told to pgolds, my first post

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Yes - see your point there ceb - just frustrating when you use all those troops
some players wich are point hungry (i think you know who are those wich ghost 24/7 :D ) would turn whole town in barracks and would just place/delete sieges... :) VF monks are 3x3, if you cover town with them and then get good points for VF siege you can earn millions per day with just placing/deleting them...

DeletedUser115071

I agree that people placing sieges should receive some rank points in return.

Agent327

Overlord
You place a defence army and get no points for them. Even if they win you get no points. Placing a siege is the same, so it should not be rewarded. Especially if you look at how it can be abused.

DeletedUser115071

3677my.jpg
You place a defence army and get no points for them. Even if they win you get no points. Placing a siege is the same, so it should not be rewarded. Especially if you look at how it can be abused.

Just because you think it's gonna be abused means you don't have ideas how not to be.

First off all, units are not infinite. Second of all you can stop the "abuse" with sieges to give points only if they were removed or if you took the sector, but don't give points if it's deleted.
Then also the points can be given only for DA's that means also the first siege if it's succesfull to give points only and the other 7 DA's to give points too.
Seems only fair to players who invest in the sectors in the first place and is not rewarding only the players who fight... Because sieging is more costly on units than fighting the sector.

Last edited by a moderator: