• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion - Player Name Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser107623

Hi there moderators! I would like to suggest that you allow players to change their names for a payment of diamonds. The amount of diamonds could be substantial enough that it would discourage frivolous use.

when I began playing this game, I allowed the automated system to select my name. I ended up with a name I hate, that it didn’t know was a common mans name in the UK. I am not from the Uk so didn’t know it lol. I am a woman and everyone thinks I’m a guy. After 5 years of playing the game, it makes me nuts.

I would pay a large amount, and I mean LARGE amount to change it! I’m sure others would too!

DeletedUser107623

You can change your name for free if you have a good reason. Just contact Support Hadrian the Evil.

Sadly, I have tried and was told that they will only change my name if it is deemed to compromise my real identity or inappropriate in some way. I was denied.

DeletedUser110131

Sadly, I have tried and was told that they will only change my name if it is deemed to compromise my real identity or inappropriate in some way. I was denied.
Don't frame it as "driving you nuts". Instead tell them you've been 'misgendered'. It's true, and, thanks to the LGBTQ+ movement, it's actually criminalized in several countries, including the UK, Canada, and some states in USA. While it was never intended to protect cisgendered (I'm assuming that you are, since it's most common) people, none of the laws exclude cisgender. I'm not proposing threatening legal action, just pointing out that correct gendering is considered a human right in many countries. It's not trivial, neither emotionally, socially, or legally. It definitely rises to the standard of "inappropriate in some way".

Should you choose to go nuclear on them, you probably have legal legs to stand on. This is the UK server, so UK courts are likely to consider it in their jurisdiction.

Agent327

Overlord

In that case you should have been paying more attention when you picked it.

Just start on a new world. You can pick any name you want.

DeletedUser107623

Well, of course I should have been paying more attention! However, I didn’t, in that one moment that I signed up to try the game. And many years later, here I am. With 3 cities, much infrastructure, and a huge investment of time and diamonds.

starting over is not really an option...

and I’m sure there are many others in my position, who would happily pay a large amount of money to do a one time name change!

DeletedUser653

Another troll, yet again........

Don't frame it as "driving you nuts". Instead tell them you've been 'misgendered'. It's true, and, thanks to the LGBTQ+ movement, it's actually criminalized in several countries, including the UK, Canada, and some states in USA. While it was never intended to protect cisgendered (I'm assuming that you are, since it's most common) people, none of the laws exclude cisgender. I'm not proposing threatening legal action, just pointing out that correct gendering is considered a human right in many countries. It's not trivial, neither emotionally, socially, or legally. It definitely rises to the standard of "inappropriate in some way".

Should you choose to go nuclear on them, you probably have legal legs to stand on. This is the UK server, so UK courts are likely to consider it in their jurisdiction.

Hadrian, seriously Einrikr's idea is good and suggest you give it a go as you are obviously very stressed out over this and it might ber effecting you both mentally and physically if you understand me ;)

DeletedUser110603

Hi Everyone,

This thread will now be closed and moved to Unformatted Ideas as it has deviated from the original suggestion.
Future suggestions on this topic should be formatted correctly as per the ideas section of the forum

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.