• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion : Guild message threads

DeletedUser111095

Hi everyone, I have a small suggestion for guild message threads. What if we changed the colour coding for all guild message threads to make it easier to differentiate guild threads from normal threads. I think this would be a useful visual improvement.

DeletedUser113125

Hi everyone, I have a small suggestion for guild message threads. What if we changed the colour coding for all guild message threads to make it easier to differentiate guild threads from normal threads. I think this would be a useful visual improvement.
We used symbols at the start of the guild threads. Some PC users can’t see emojis posted from the app but things like coloured squares, circles and diamonds show up for everyone.

DeletedUser111095

We used symbols at the start of the guild threads. Some PC users can’t see emojis posted from the app but things like coloured squares, circles and diamonds show up for everyone.
Thanks Selene, that would also be pretty cool and may even be easier for developers than colour coding.

DeletedUser111095

You do now there are different types of colorblindness, not just red-green?
Yes I do, but the reason I chose that document was because I thought it would be easy for you to follow.

The point I was trying to make was that there are colorblind-friendly palettes and I'm sure that the Inno developers are already experienced at how to design a colour accessible user interface.

Agent327

Overlord
The point I was trying to make was that there are colorblind-friendly palettes and I'm sure that the Inno developers are already experienced at how to design a colour accessible user interface.

That would mean they would have to create more than one and a system to choose the one you want.

DeletedUser111095

That would mean they would have to create more than one and a system to choose the one you want.
I think you're overthinking this, they've managed to create this massive game and I'm assuming that they've had to consider colour accessibility before.

I'm not a guru on color-blindness, but I'm thinking a simple color-blind friendly background that doesn't clash with the existing background colour should possibly be sufficient.

Emberguard

Legend
Thanks Selene, that would also be pretty cool and may even be easier for developers than colour coding.
What Selene is saying is it’s already a feature to be able to use emoji’s in thread titles (Ingame)

if you have a mobile device it’s already on your keyboard. If you’re on desktop you can google emoji’s and copy paste them into the game

Another option is to use text to differentiate
//
+
=
#
^
Things like the above text symbols in front of the thread title could help you

DeletedUser111095

What Selene is saying is it’s already a feature to be able to use emoji’s in thread titles (Ingame)
... Another option is to use text to differentiate
Thanks very much for clarifying Emberguard and for the advice.

I know that you can use Emoji's in the game, but to be honest I'm always weary of doing this because, as Selene mentioned, some PC users can't see some emoji's. What I thought Selene maybe meant was a automatic big coloured symbol on the left hand side of each guild message (eg. a big red circle or something), but I see your point, this can probably be closely mimicked with emojis.

Regarding using text to differentiate, we already do this in our guild, it does help a little, but I was thinking that a different colour background would be a bit more effective.

I haven't considered using symbol emojis as Selene suggested, I might give this a try and see if it works for everyone. Thanks again :)

(PS. Love the song <3)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113125

Thanks very much for clarifying Emberguard and for the advice.

I know that you can use Emoji's in the game, but to be honest I'm always weary of doing this because, as Selene mentioned, some PC users can't see some emoji's. What I thought Selene maybe meant was a automatic big coloured symbol on the left hand side of each guild message (eg. a big red circle or something), but I see your point, this can probably be closely mimicked with emojis.

Regarding using text to differentiate, we already do this in our guild, it does help a little, but I was thinking that a different colour background would be a bit more effective.

I haven't considered using symbol emojis as Selene suggested, I might give this a try and see if it works for everyone. Thanks again :)

(PS. Love the song <3)
1582565597757.jpeg
This is what I mean.
If you aren’t sure what emojis PC players can see try posting a selection to a group and asking them which show up.