• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion for Guild Battlegrounds

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

legend9182

Major-General
Great proposal, totally agree if only it could be applied instantly to this week (or this "fortnight")'s Battleground, because:

because we had a good start and was no.1 for days but exhausted our strength.
Now everyone is taking revenge, and pushed us into a corner.

Please end this season immediately right now, while we are still top. :)
In this thing,
I would say you all should plan how much you can do it.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
gbg's intention was that anyone could play it, because of the 10 days peroid, it is difficult for smaller players to have enough troops, a 7 day period would help. the arena proposal was only a compensation to those who want to play more.

Exactly, with no time at all to gather resources, I don't even care if the time they are active is the same, just be great to have more downtime. Even a day longer means more goods and troops to use. 11 days of spending and 3 days of saving is cumbersome.

AntiDuck

Corporal
Proposal: Make Guild battlegrounds 7 days not 10
I would say - it won't change much ... for some reason Guild Battleground is not popular - out of 8 participating guilds, sometimes only 2-3 actually do something, rest just does nothing - no matter 7 or 10 days it would be.

My experience - we're small guild (not a millionair's club with thousands of goods in stock of each player). We find winning the Guild Battleground very (very!) easy. If you start on the very first day (in first hours), having all guild members all together pushing for 1st sector to conquer - then you are Number 1 from the beginning, and you need just to keep pushing. For some reasons, negotiations are much easier right after attrition resets - e.g. midnight GMT. If you can afford playing midnight and 1 am .. 3 am time - you can dominate the map, by taking sectors, when everybody is asleep. Opponents will react 6 to 8 hours later, after their sector was taken and was making profit to your guild. Not cool, right?

On average, to finish 14 .. 16 negotiations, I need at least 40-50 Goods x 5 goods per age x 2 ages involved - e.g. 300-400 Goods for each day of Guild Battleground. And I receive prizes like: get pieces of nonsense (1/200), or 5 FP, or some troops. Or, occasionally, 15 Diamonds.

In active Battleground with strong opponents, I'm out of any resources of any kind on day 2 or day 3 after start. I keep on producing / trading / down-trading the resources - but I'm in constant deficit of anything.

Again, it won't make a big change, whether Battleground is 7 of 10 days.

What would make a change - stop gathering into Battleground small guilds with 5-6 members with ratings like 232 312 together with large guilds - 12 members and ratings like 4 233 123 ... How 5 High Middle agers can fight against 10 millionair's club players?

I would say - each Battleground should have limited space of "enlisted" people - e.g. our Guild will send 4 players to Battleground = 4 are playing and the rest is just supplying them with goods. And our opponents will also have 4 players maximum, otherwise it's David vs Goliath fights ...

Last edited:

AntiDuck

Corporal
too much pressure
It's true. I wasn't here for years, only for 9 months (since Oct 2019), but I already started to skip the game, checking what's up only once per day. Or even, once per weekend (if weekend is full of events).
Of course, switching to once-per-day tasks will immediately drop my town in development - I will get less goods, lesss FP, less of everything. And I know, there is an option to switch to once-per-2-days "gameplay" - which is near to quitting the game.
Honestly, I don't know why FoE is so full of everything, overwhelming the player with hundreds of buildings and dozens of great buildings.
Playing FoE hard takes couple of hours per day. Each day. 15 minutes to collect everything and re-start prodiction. Then in couple of hourse - another 5 minutes. Then, again 10 minutes. Then solid 1 hour for GE or GB ...

AntiDuck

Corporal
I Agree with this
Personal opinion, hope this will add something new to the conversation:
1/ Each Battleground sets its leaders/middle/loosers in 2-3 starting days. In our guild, we decide if we do play Battleground, or skip - just by seeing how intensive competition is.
2/ If one's guild looses the Battleground, next Battleground is given (by the FoE) with easy or even absent guilds. And, wow, guild is _winning_ next battleground with very small goods investments.
3/ If one's guild, on the contrary, is winning the Battleground, next Battleground provides shark and tigers style opponents, who have fun taking 3 sectors per day, and invest 500 / 500 / 500 (goods) for single sectors buildings, and ready to invest 2 000 / 2000 / 500 for another one.

Therefore, it's something wrong with the Battleground itself - and probably not the timing / periods of war / peace. Battleground is not balanced.

AntiDuck

Corporal
Personally I negotiate,
So to stay always able to negotiate. I don't do them above attrition 8
I can go up to 18 attrition (with negotiations). As you may notice, Battleground gives you
• bad luck sequence (you never guess right)
• average luck (you guess, but not very good)
• luck .. (but spend a lot of goods)
• lucky star (you finish negotiations in 2 steps, or only 2 goods are present in negotiations after 1st round).

Level of luck definetely changes after you exit / re-enter Battleground. It might require do some actions - e.g. visit your colony or guild expedition or event screen (if present) - and then re-enter Battleground.

It's quite a pity to quit negotiations when you're on a roll - e.g. you're given luck or lucky star you fly like an eagle, solving negotiations one after another in non-stop way - but soon you're out of goods and had to finish negotiations.

Also, if you push hard enough on Battleground, you need 3-4 days of production for 1 (one) day of hard negotiations. If your small guild opposes the big guild, you need to got 12-14 of attrition, just to hold what's yours on a map. Daily, I produce at least 120 goods of my age (Gold, Honey), and 120 goods of the previous age (Ebony, Jewelry), very actively trade/exchange it for other goods required. But if I play hard in Battleground - I need strong support of my guild mates (e.g. line of supply of goods), to continue.

P.S. And in these days, when I was doing up to 16 ... 17 .. 18 attrition, we had a sronger opponent, who was conquering our sectors quicker than we were taking new ones - that was a mess, we lost the Battleground, and then decided to skip next Battleground, just to re-fill our storages.

That's how it work now - if you play very active, you need those 10 days of next battleground just to re-fill storages for battleground, coming in 3 weeks after.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
In the new world Sin at the top, its very active all days constant fighting, the world where we've had the least time to save resources :)
All the guilds are fighting, not just some. It is very popular over here.

So my guess is our experiences may vary

Proposal:
Make Guild battlegrounds 7 days not 10
Have 7 on 7 off

Reason:
Currently there's not enough down time. We've all seen good players in our own, and in other guilds, getting 'burn out'. 10 days out of every fortnight on BG (the last one running concurrently with an event), on top of GvG and GE cuts into family time and other leisure activities.

Details:
Suggesting 7 on 7 off as that can work around GE timing so that they both finish on the same or can be staggered

Balance/Abuse
Not sure its relevant. Personally i think it will be better balanced allowing players to regain troops and have more time with their families.

Who is stopping you from "Taking the Rest" Why would you want to force Everyone else from playing because "You" don't have the resources to keep going.

The only reason for wanting "Everyone" else to halt their advancement, is because it allows you to maintain your rank - somewhat anyway - Seems like this idea is more to suit you rather than the others in the game!

DeletedUser113278

Disagree. Where else am I supposed to get the negs needed for my SC on all these ‘down time’ days?

Need some RL time? Take it. Need a day/s off to restock goods? Take it. But don’t take away my negs I need for SC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Disagree. Where else am I supposed to get the negs needed for my SC on all these ‘down time’ days?

Need some RL time? Take it. Need a day/s off to restock goods? Take it. But don’t take away my negs I need for SC.

That makes no sense, it would be better if there were other methods to negotiate, you even have GE. and then during the downtimes anyway what do you plan to do? No GE active, no GBG active. always gonna be days regardless when you can't nego, better for everyone if there was more downtime as you'd still have GE while others who are actually active in GBG and take it seriously would benefit.

legend9182

Major-General
That's how it work now - if you play very active, you need those 10 days of next battleground just to re-fill storages for battleground, coming in 3 weeks after.
It was your choice.
Plus we all face defeat so why do we want to win. In our guild everyone who plays. Simply play for fun and rewards not for winning/loosing.
Because we don't have any minimum criteria for ge/gbg (it's voluntary).

legend9182

Major-General
P.S. And in these days, when I was doing up to 16 ... 17 .. 18 attrition, we had a sronger opponent, who was conquering our sectors quicker than we were taking new ones - that was a mess, we lost the Battleground, and then decided to skip next Battleground, just to re-fill our storages.
Accept the defeat. And don't do more than you are capable of.
Gbg never makes you out of troops/goods if you plan properly.

legend9182

Major-General
Also, if you push hard enough on Battleground, you need 3-4 days of production for 1 (one) day of hard negotiations. If your small guild opposes the big guild, you need to got 12-14 of attrition, just to hold what's yours on a map. Daily, I produce at least 120 goods of my age (Gold, Honey), and 120 goods of the previous age (Ebony, Jewelry), very actively trade/exchange it for other goods required. But if I play hard in Battleground - I need strong support of my guild
Just tell me. What will you get with winning against those who kills you internally when you are trying to kill them.
Plus if you want to negotiate you really don't have to depend on good production. You need to do rqs for it
Even with level 10 Cf in 100 rqs you will get that much goods. Plus you don't need to put your extra time. Just do rqs with collection, 1.9 thread and your own gbs

legend9182

Major-General
There are 3 guild in our world who can defeat us alone.
So what we do is that accept the defeat and move on. Never tried to exhaust ourselves internally.
Whereas not like others we push our goods and troops while easy competition. We push them up while those competition when we know we will either win or exhaust ourselves

legend9182

Major-General
In this gbg, to do more fights
I lost that much units which I make in 10 days. So is it fault of mine or game which is giving us 10 days to fight.

legend9182

Major-General
Yes if you really want this kind of update to gbg. Please don't ask for it to increase waiting time. Instead ask for option where guild leader can opt out for a single gbg

Both SAM and SAAB maps have ore sites that you can fight or negotiate, no problems there. :D

If you've built it in an earlier age then you'll just have to suck it up for 3 days every fortnight