• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion for Guild Battlegrounds

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

Bethra

Private
Proposal:
Make Guild battlegrounds 7 days not 10
Have 7 on 7 off

Reason:
Currently there's not enough down time. We've all seen good players in our own, and in other guilds, getting 'burn out'. 10 days out of every fortnight on BG (the last one running concurrently with an event), on top of GvG and GE cuts into family time and other leisure activities.

Details:
Suggesting 7 on 7 off as that can work around GE timing so that they both finish on the same or can be staggered

Balance/Abuse
Not sure its relevant. Personally i think it will be better balanced allowing players to regain troops and have more time with their families.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i don't agree with the 7-7 but i agree that it needs some seasoning like 9 months on and 3 off, but thats my oppinion only !

DeletedUser16231

would be a great thing, I love that there is always something to do, but agree that 7 out of 7 would be a better system, otherwise you should neglect something else, especially for players who have been playing for years and are now dropping out because it is getting too much , my proposal is to create an arena where players can compete if they want, individual benefits, not guild bound

Bethra

Private
If the arena is in addition to BG its not going to solve the problem of players who have been here for years but are finding there is too much pressure taking away from other leisure activities and family time while they sit on a keyboard for 10 days out of every fortnight.
I'm not pedantic about 7/7 but I think if BG is to continue then it needs more downtime. I opened this thread as much for a discussion on the matter as to get votes on my particular suggestion.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Not sure about 7/7 – but overall I agree that the downtime/lenght could be adjusted.
Could also be e.g 9/5, 8/5

Let me get this straight: you don't want to play for 10 days at a time .. so want everyone else to stop doing so? Or you think other players should not be playing as much as they do and want to restrict what they do with their leisure time?

Either way, it's an incredibly poor basis for a decision. If you or anyone else doesn't want to play for ten days, then don't. If your guild doesn't like that, find a guild that does: if you think there are so many who would prefer a shorter span, especially of long-term players, then there should be plenty of guilds to choose from.

As one person has said, you could have 10 days on, 17 days off, just by only involving yourself every other tournament. Easy fix for those getting burnt out.

Like most players, I plod along with a few encounters each day, depending on my personal time and abilities in the game. If anyone is finding themselves addicted to GBG, then they have a bigger problem than can be sorted by limiting everyone else's enjoyment.

Let me get this straight: you don't want to play for 10 days at a time .. so want everyone else to stop doing so? Or you think other players should not be playing as much as they do and want to restrict what they do with their leisure time?

Either way, it's an incredibly poor basis for a decision. If you or anyone else doesn't want to play for ten days, then don't. If your guild doesn't like that, find a guild that does: if you think there are so many who would prefer a shorter span, especially of long-term players, then there should be plenty of guilds to choose from.

As one person has said, you could have 10 days on, 17 days off, just by only involving yourself every other tournament. Easy fix for those getting burnt out.

Like most players, I plod along with a few encounters each day, depending on my personal time and abilities in the game. If anyone is finding themselves addicted to GBG, then they have a bigger problem than can be sorted by limiting everyone else's enjoyment.

I'm sorry but according to your post you're very self centered and capable to look at things exclusively from your own perspective.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I Agree with this, its something that I was suggesting over in the main thread for GBG awhile back. the downtime itself is just too short. Add in the fact that new guildies can't even do GBG if they join over the incredibly long GBG period. All of your inviting has to happen over 3 days. At least with GE you can complete your current one before swapping guilds, GBG is like "oh no you don't".

Even if not 7 on 7 off, just make it at least longer off. Its great having the game be so active but we also hardly get a chance to save up any resources. Just spend spend spend with only 3 days worth of saving.

Bring on the more down time! Foe was usually always a game we never had to play for 3-4-5 hours straight...

DeletedUser653

-1 top guilds have really problems with quiet days and nothing to hit so 3 days is an issue now 7 days would be worst. If you do not want to fight do not but do not stop others from fighting. If troops are the problem get rid of some of those FP buildings and build some barracks or get that Traz upto L100.
And this is from a player who does not care about fighting in GbG at all.

I'm sorry but according to your post you're very self centered and capable to look at things exclusively from your own perspective.
How you manage to conclude that when most of what I wrote was about other players, I don't know. There was only one sentence that was about me personally. Everyone is entitled to express their own preference, and should do so rather than make claims about other people's preferences.

If you can explain your thoughts better on what I said, it might be more constructive.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Great proposal, totally agree if only it could be applied instantly to this week (or this "fortnight")'s Battleground, because:

2020-06-05 16_38_41-Window.png

because we had a good start and was no.1 for days but exhausted our strength.
Now everyone is taking revenge, and pushed us into a corner.

Please end this season immediately right now, while we are still top. :)

DeletedUser16231

gbg's intention was that anyone could play it, because of the 10 days peroid, it is difficult for smaller players to have enough troops, a 7 day period would help. the arena proposal was only a compensation to those who want to play more.