• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Suggestion] Auto battle confirmation setting (like for diamonds)

DeletedUser110131

Then why didn't they do it and do you have to go to Support every time you want a confirmation pop-up back?
When I say it's simple, I mean "simple, unless something is seriously messed up".

Under normal circumstances, it would be a simple matter of writing a few functions for resetting a few parameters. Per option, I'd say two parameters, at most: one in the client and one in the DB. This would be done through two fairly small functions (objects), one in the client and one in the DBMS. The exact number of lines would depend on programming language and programming style, but I'd say somewhere between 80 dense lines and 800 simple lines.

So why not do it? I don't know. I can speculate, though. There are three reasons that seem more likely than others.

1: The chief system designer subscribes to the theory that users should have as few options as possible. The theory is that this makes for less confused and thus happier users. While I dislike it intensely, it can be a sound strategy, in some contexts. In my opinion, this is not such a context. The story may stop there. The underlying programming may be sound, and changes easily implemented.

2: This is a complication of #1. Excluding basic functionality is risky, because it allows lazy programming and system design and management. There are fewer "moving parts" to accomodate. When something is possible, and makes life easier, it tends to be done, in spite of all intentions to the contrary. This can come back to bite them, as deviation from good practice make up a drag of unintended consequences, forcing the developers to go back and fix old code, which becomes more complicated to do, the more time passes. They may have to alter code going back years.

3: Fundamental misjudgements and deviation from good programming practices at an early stage, resulting in in-built limitations. Overcoming those limitations might involve a complete rebuild of the system core, maybe even the DB. This is a huge undertaking.

All of these are related, of course, and all three can occur together. There are many ways to screw up; these are just the ones who come to mind as more likely than the rest.

Agent327

Overlord
Except that they have done so for diamonds.

Another funny fact. When you unsubscribe from the newslettter, you have the option to subscribe again. Only problem is it does not work and they can not fix it. Once you unsuibscribe you can never get it back. I could tell you to try it, but you would miss out on all future gifts, so just take my word for it.

DeletedUser109648

There should be a warning selecting attack instead of auto battle, bacause it takes ages to load :D