• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: [Suggestion] Add menu option to disable quest auto complete

DeletedUser12153

The auto complete function of quests is pretty nice to speed up doing quests however if you like to actually read quests to follow the story there is no option to stop a quest from auto completing when you've already fullfilled it's criteria's.
I'm sure there is someone who actually spends time writing those quests and it's kinda sad that his/hers/their effort goes to waste by making it impossible to actually follow the story of a questline. (like for example the recent mlk event the story was impossible to read for a lot of people that actually wanted to read it)

So my suggestion is please add an option in the menu to disable auto complete that way those that do care about reading quest text get to read it and those that don't care still get to skip it

I may have posted this in the wrong section could a mod please move it to the Idea section

DeletedUser

I would prefer they remove autocomplete entirely, but I'd support this as an alternative to how things currently are

DeletedUser2989

I think if you were to turn off the auto complete function it should apply to all quests, after all it wouldn't take much to turn it on and off if you only wanted it on during events.

I'll also move this to the ideas section and +1 it. :)

DeletedUser96901

-1 for a menu option

I would prefer they remove autocomplete entirely
+1

this game doesn't need autocomplete for quests
if you don't have 1 seconds for manually clicking the finish button you shouldn't play the game

DeletedUser12153

Well offcourse removing it would probably be even better then a menu option. But i'm sure there are people that do like autocomplete so for those people the option to turn it on might be better then no option at all

DeletedUser653

+1 but better would be to turn it off. What is the point off having a decline or accept button when inno has already accepted for you. this is really poor as it gives impression that you have a choice when you have none and most players still do not understand this.

DeletedUser16026

Autocompleted quests no longer close automatically after the last update, so I'll move this to implemented.

DeletedUser

How about disabling autocomplete entirely? Nobody wanted that feature to begin with.

DeletedUser16026

How about disabling autocomplete entirely? Nobody wanted that feature to begin with.
That should be the current situation (post 1.68 update). The requirements show as met but you have to click on the quest button for it to 'complete' officially and show the reward screen.

DeletedUser653

Darkstar, does that mean that we can exit a quest without accepting or declining by clicking the X button in top right to close the quest? Really good news if we have gone back to original way of working which was like this.

DeletedUser16026

Darkstar, does that mean that we can exit a quest without accepting or declining by clicking the X button in top right to close the quest? Really good news if we have gone back to original way of working which was like this.
All quests come already accepted, so clicking 'x' would close the window but won't make a change to the quest situation. You can even click 'x' to close the window and not collect the quest reward at that time.

I don't have quests which autocomplete on EN right now to show this, but here are screenies from ZZ.
Before clicking X: http://prntscr.com/9x2156
After clicking X: http://prntscr.com/9x21c6
You can see that you can read it, and you can even come back to it at a later time if you don't want to complete it right away. The above is also a quest which came as autocompleted for myself.