• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion about trade

DeletedUser

I am posting my comment here because this seems to be one of the oldest 'open market posts' and I do not want to duplicate.

I know that the open market thing is going to happen at some point, I would just like to state the negative impact that this can have; as I have not seen anyone mention this in a post. Right now, with trade limited to the group of people that can attack you, the group can actually try and curb the zealous nature of those the insist this is entirely "PvP" game - the 'group' can get together and agree not to produce/trade goods with that person, forcing them to either 'play nice' or start spending a lot of diamonds to make progress. In an open market smaller players lose any leverage they have over those that want nothing more than to disrupt other people's game; what do people in another group care if the person they are trading with raids every town, every day?

I post this only as 'food for thought', personally I am in first place in my group of 80, I have the same amount of points as the 2nd and 3rd place players combined; I could be a thug if I wanted to, but I understand this kind of game and it is the type I have been looking for; most online empire games are seemingly designed by Americans (which I am) and are driven on 'invade thy neighbor'; a rather neophyte philosophy,

DeletedUser

Screw the invade your neighbors part, I like building my town, did my share of travian and TW kind of games.

As for the trading system, problem is, we wanted a change in the market because there was too few players in each neighborhood and we wanted a change to have more than 5-10 active players in each neighborhood but they decided to "fix" both. Fill all neighborhoods with 80 active players and make a global trading system so the values with go down and yes, the new players will lose leverage.

We wanted a change so badly, we will get it and some will complain after because it will then become too hard to trade, having too many sellers for each goods.

Yep, can never make everyone happy!!

DeletedUser

Having trades with brokerage coin fees seems fairer to me. Forge points are just too valuable to throw away. Opening up trading of coin, production, diamonds would be cool.