• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1294

We are aware of this issue. I play without premium and was stuck at the archer research for a while as well. We will soon sort out the problem of neighbourhoods being inactive in the near future. Then trading will be more useful and faster for everyone. Thank you for your patience.

So basically premiums can gain an advantage on our suffering?
Anyways, don't know how about your continents, but we have very, very few active players (~12), we have a steady trade system. But these trades nearly all seem to ask for wine, very few of us have it, I am one of the only to have it. Why don't I trade? I don't want to lose my forge points as well as accept their greedy rates.
Imo it's better for me to play on a more inactive continent, all you need is a global trade system.
Now I am in the top 6, I don't want 'inactives' sorted out because probably 1 in 10 people use diamonds, and I will pretty quickly dissappear from that rank list, which I don't like doing.

DeletedUser

Trading only costs forge points to the buyer. If you don't want to spend your points, then post your trades and wait for someone to spend theirs. There can be no permanent impasse on this because at some point you will max your forge points waiting on a buyer and they will just go to waste, so just spend them to get the material you need.

DeletedUser

36+ forge points lost now i carnt get 14stone i plundered 1 person with a stone mason and recived 1 stone its stupid you carnt even make jus 1 stone

DeletedUser

I suggest you build a stone goods building then king instead of wasting all the forge points as you can see what resources you need and if you somehow prevent any progress then you need to fix it.

DeletedUser

You know the tech tree, you can prepare what you need before you get there. Its more a lack of preparation that got you stuck rather than anything else. I have just started HMA some days ago and yet i already almost have all the goods needed to complete all the research of that age. Study the tech tree, look at what you will need soon, builds the goods building (or 2 or even 3 of that building), destroy them when you have enough of them, do same for the next resources...

DeletedUser

I agree with you on that, Lenolian!

It's quite simple: If you need a specific resource then you simply have to build the necessary building and start producing it, otherwise you trade with what you got with the things you need, simple as that. :)

DeletedUser1132

Well this kinda stinks. I played for a few days, and now can't do anything for a week or so. All my research trees are stuck in need of a resource, so I just have 10/10 and can't research for this week while I wait (if I do and don't just quit). The basic problem here is a lack of trade in the beta.

Just to lay it out:
I can't complete Architecture cause I need 15 stone. I don't have a stone resource, so at 1 per 4 hrs, there's a day there's 60 hrs if I never missed a second of making them.
I can't complete Militia, but will have this one sooner.
I can't complete Agriculture cause it takes a whopping 30 lumber and I have no trees. That's 120 hrs if I never miss a second of making them, which means 5 days minimum.
I can't research Processions or Processing without Architecture, and therefore can't do cottage or archery or anything later in the tree either.
Research is stuck waiting on resources.

As for trade, there isn't any really. The trade merchant can trade my marble (which I do have a resource for), but it takes 10:1, so I'd have to trade 300 marble to get that 30 lumber and another 150 marble to get the 15 stone. Making 450 marble will use most all of my 500 marble resource, and still take 360 hrs (15 days). 10:1 stinks! and besides, there's only 1 listed on the market anyways and this is just assuming that another would be put up there if I bought that one.

I guess I could pay cash to continue playing by buying diamonds, but not gonna do that for a beta and where I might just get stuck again real soon.

I had a nice layout of a city going. Kinda liked it, but this just stinks.

im in the same group with you zhaston, and yes i like your lay out too ;)

i think you should just build 8 spears and conquer other provinces, so that will open more recources for you and boost your production (5 every 4 hours)

also, i noticed that most players just check the market and put the appropriate offer in they see from another player, hoping this player will buy it only because they are to cheap to spend the one Forge point.

example: i put 10 marble for 10 wine on the market and just an hour later someone will put 10 wine for 10 marble on the market LOL this is just cheap charly and makes me laugh but it happens all the time

So what sense does this make if you´re forge points are stuck at 10/10??? do these guys think they can take the forge points to their grave?

anyway, what i mean is, just go and conquer more provinces and you will find a lot of resources and extensions. plus, don´t be cheap with your forge points and just buy what you need on the market from other players

good luck ;)

DeletedUser1294

@Lenolian

Altough trading goods is a big problem, I have to agree that this is helpful and a better choice, BUT not a solution.
I greatly benefited from doing this on my Arvahall world, and I did not get stuck on a single research along the way.

DeletedUser180

I have looked at what is expected of my upcoming techs, and I plan accordingly. I don't build a goods building unless I have conked a reserve...and then I kick out 10 every 8 hours. I have found that doing all the stupid tasks, even those that I think are a waste of my time, they give me goods most of them that allow me to have a back bone of inventory. I have traded the 10/1 with the merchants for a bit of wine, but not that much, and it hasn't been uber crazy, cuz I get 2 every 8 hours (and before you all get all huffy on the inflated price) I figure I would only make that much if I built a good building, since I dont have a reserve of that. I have not been stuck yet, until 2 days ago, and even now I am stuck because I keep spending my unlock resources on other crappola, instead of my tech tree. I have to tell you, I like the game, all these strategy gripes you guys keep complaining about, I think adds an element to it that I enjoy....but then, I like to think ahead, and see if what I did worked out right, verses just think to the next move.

DeletedUser1524

dont get the trading it dont show up in my current offers list and im losing stone trying to get a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.