• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stuck as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I myself have not been stuck yet but with how little the resources are being traded for early middle age it may happen soon thus I have been building a few of those I don't have the natural resources for to hopefully prevent this a bit but with how long research takes to unlock there you can usually go another way for a time.

Stockpiling is your best bet after looking here to see what you will need and try not to use them up for negotiating unless you really need your troops:

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1197-Tech-Tree-Analysis

Not to mention as people advance they will get rid of the lower level good buildings to free up space and population for later level buildings and can prevent you from getting the lower level goods if you forgot to get them before.

I am just worried Checkered that you talk about keeping the neighborhood system at all really as it doesn't work for me and many others in this type of game.

Maybe some kind of restriction would be needed for the pvp towers so you don't have thousands of players competing for it but for everything else it hurts the game.

DeletedUser

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the production is 18 wines is done!

Now I need 30 lumber...

DeletedUser

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the production is 18 wines is done!

Now I need 30 lumber...

Congratulations on completing your epic ventures Benjamin!! :D I could only wish mine would be as successful as yours.

Cheers!

DeletedUser

Tip:
Use the deposits (on the map) you have already discovered to create the corresponding products in bulk.
Trade your bulk products for someone else who is offering the product you need.

i.e. I have "Flowers" so I produce a lot of Dye. I trade the Dye for products I cannot produce quickly from other players. It works well for me so far.

DeletedUser

Congratulations on completing your epic ventures Benjamin!! :D I could only wish mine would be as successful as yours.

Cheers!

Thanks. I just hope it won't take too long to get 30 lumber, either!

What are you having trouble with?

DeletedUser

Don't look at the Late Middle Age requirements then. 200 Limestone (Iron Age, three ages before)? 120 Rope (High Middle Age, the age before resource)? They overestimated trade when you're stuck with an 80-person group, 70-75 of which are inactive.

DeletedUser124

inux. looking at the late middle age requirements make us feel stuck even though we are not there yet.. this is most probable because of our inactive players which is you are right 70-75 of the 80

DeletedUser1081

Tip:
Use the deposits (on the map) you have already discovered to create the corresponding products in bulk.
Trade your bulk products for someone else who is offering the product you need.

er ... we know that, Dartanian! but a lot of us are stuck in groups where almost no one else is trading, and/or no one has deposits of the goods we need in order to proceed. so we have no option but the extremely slow route of grinding out goods that we don't have deposits of.

fortunately it isn't a race ... but it does get tedious. i hope they fix the trading situation soon

DeletedUser

I'm stuck as well. What's the Game designer expecte to do for solve the problem of the market? I offer Lumber and Dye with a rate of 0.2 fo wine !!! and nobody trade !!

DeletedUser1294

Same on my Brisgard world.
Stuck on the first two Iron Age researches - I think I lost about 40 forge points by now because I didn't use them.

@up
Probably no one needs lumber and dye, or no one has wine.
I just accepted a 0.2 wine for stone, but the thing I really am not keen to do when trading is give away forge points.

DeletedUser

And from the Moderators' comments on another thread, the developers are fixing the bugs before they fix the fundamental problems underlying the game, such as the trade problem.

Adding to that problem: a number of those posting here are #1 in their section, and many are far out in the lead. That just makes the problem worse, as the other players have not yet reached many of the critical resources. I have a research requiring 70 jewelry coming up, and nobody has jewels to trade. Do the math: that's 17.5 days with one jeweler, and nearly 9 days with two. If you go to three jewelers you can cut that down to just under 6 days. What a joke!

And that's just one research. Multiply that by several researches and the requirements to negotiate into several new provinces.

What a joke!

DeletedUser17

Thank you for your posts guys. Rest assure we understand the issues and are working on implementing a solution. Please remember to stay constructive, and thank you for supporting us.

DeletedUser65

im pretty sure most people here will live with a few bugs and have a functioning world market rather than visa-versa. this goods problem has been around over a month and has already forced far too many people to give up. no offence jester but you guys priorities are all wrong. the bugs are relativity minor, the trade system is game breaking and should be fixed yesterday

DeletedUser

I'm reaching the point very soon that I will just have to attempt to take what I need from those unwilling to sell it. I'm very reluctant to do so because at this point I see very little opportunity to form communities (clans/guilds/alliances) among the players so it's rather like a Facebook 'social' game where in reality it's a 1 player game with little perks along the way from your friends. With trading this game is, in its current state, pretty much a game of 'Players vs Designers". Hence, I don't really want to loot the other players for a short term gain. Assuming it even works. I've yet to loot anything more substantial than a few coins from a player, and more often than not I get an error and the game reloads itself.

Still, on a positive note: That remains an option. If you are truly stuck... and if I ever get truly stuck... then Sim City time is over and the War Games begin.

DeletedUser

im pretty sure most people here will live with a few bugs and have a functioning world market rather than visa-versa. this goods problem has been around over a month and has already forced far too many people to give up. no offence jester but you guys priorities are all wrong. the bugs are relativity minor, the trade system is game breaking and should be fixed yesterday

+1
spelling and graphic errors mean nothing compared to the trading system

DeletedUser1294

My Brisgard world is totally bad, I can't move from my stuck position.
My Arvahall is perfect, despite only 12 people being active.
I'm for global trading, but not continent merging or changing.

DeletedUser124

My Brisgard world is totally bad, I can't move from my stuck position.
My Arvahall is perfect, despite only 12 people being active.
I'm for global trading, but not continent merging or changing.

yes because you will not be #1 there :P

DeletedUser653

just demolishing lots of buildings and having to build 3 granite workshops as i need 60 and the 5 remaining active players have no granite mines and I have no granite, another wasted week watch granite being produced.
I agree with just about every point and think it might be time to call it a day. I cannot see this improving in the next month and the mods are clear to point out that trading is not a priority (especially since improved trading might cut down on diamond purchases!! surely not.........?)

changing the rate at which the games traders transfer at is a 5 min job in code, so there could be a really quick fix which then provides the developers time to get the big fix sorted. Just increasae the trading rate from 1:10 to 1:4

DeletedUser

Its obvious why trading system is not a priority... because they want you to use as many diamonds as possible. Duh....

Status
Not open for further replies.