• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stuck as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I need 18 wines to do the research. However, this would take me about 2 weeks to produce 18 wines. In this case, I haven't been able to use a quest or conquer part of map (there isn't one) that gives extra production for wines so far up to this point.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Same as other thread:
Good producing is 2 per 8 hours with no deposits, that makes it 3 days for your 18 wines, if you can login every 8 hours. I don't think logging in 3 times a day is exaggerating?

DeletedUser

Produce what you can, take the hit and sell 10:1 ratio to merchant if you must. If you can't find someone to trade with you by looking at their village then sending them a message. Sooner or later they are going to need something you make... good to make friends/trading partners early.

DeletedUser

Same as other thread:
Good producing is 2 per 8 hours with no deposits, that makes it 3 days for your 18 wines, if you can login every 8 hours. I don't think logging in 3 times a day is exaggerating?

You sure? Because I read that it would take 6 days for 6 wines or something like that. I must be wrong, I'll check again by re-creating vineyard then.

DeletedUser

Produce what you can, take the hit and sell 10:1 ratio to merchant if you must. If you can't find someone to trade with you by looking at their village then sending them a message. Sooner or later they are going to need something you make... good to make friends/trading partners early.

I might, do you know how long it takes to produce 10 dyes?

DeletedUser

Same as everything: 1/4 hours if you don't have a deposit. 5/4 hours if you do. Trade spins up very slowly from what I've seen, and since you are early into the game it would probably benefit you to search villages through the social bar at the bottom to find players that have wineries built, then message them. Tell them what goods you can make efficiently and see if they want to trade.

Hopefully, at some point, there will be a complete listing of what is needed for each research so you can look ahead at what your demand will be. I don't know why the dev's don't just let you see in the game... it's not like there won't be a wiki listing everything eventually. They are just making it less newbie friendly by locking that info till you unlock the research. But anyway, I was where you are now and eventually I managed to gather what I needed through quests, slow-ass production, and trading.

DeletedUser

Actually, right now I'm in fairly desperate need of ebony for two researches and can't seem to trade for it, nor do I have the pop/supplies to just build myself an ebony crafter and wait the 16(x2) hours needed to produce what I need. If no trade comes through by tomorrow I will have to do that however.

[edit]
OH! Found this: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1197-Tech-Tree-Analysis

It doesn't list what you need the materials for so you can see how far up the tree it is from where you are, but it helps.

DeletedUser

wtf.png

See...whole week.

DeletedUser

Guys.. hover cursor over the cancel sign in the skill tree: "costs to unlock reward" are listed there.

Also,
WITH bonus: 4hr = 5 // 8hr = 10 // 1day = 20 // 2days = 30

WITHOUT bonus: 4hr = 1 // 8hr = 2 // 1 day = 4 // 2days = 6

DeletedUser

Guys.. hover cursor over the cancel sign in the skill tree: "costs to unlock reward" are listed there.

Also,
WITH bonus: 4hr = 5 // 8hr = 10 // 1day = 20 // 2days = 30

WITHOUT bonus: 4hr = 1 // 8hr = 2 // 1 day = 4 // 2days = 6

which would mean...
WITHOUT BONUS
- 1 goodS/4hrs, (if you're living on pension or out using your unused vacation hrs..) would mean 18 x 4 = 72 hrs = 3 days - what hydro9226 said, not 1 week Benjamin... >_< (even with the 2 day cycle which is the slowest, u can still get it in 6 days 1 less a week :p)

WITH BONUS
- 16 hrs... :p

DeletedUser

Same as everything: 1/4 hours if you don't have a deposit. 5/4 hours if you do. Trade spins up very slowly from what I've seen, and since you are early into the game it would probably benefit you to search villages through the social bar at the bottom to find players that have wineries built, then message them. Tell them what goods you can make efficiently and see if they want to trade.

Hopefully, at some point, there will be a complete listing of what is needed for each research so you can look ahead at what your demand will be. I don't know why the dev's don't just let you see in the game... it's not like there won't be a wiki listing everything eventually. They are just making it less newbie friendly by locking that info till you unlock the research. But anyway, I was where you are now and eventually I managed to gather what I needed through quests, slow-ass production, and trading.

You can, just hover over the unlock button, to the right of every research. For example, I can tell that Chain of command needs 600 gold, 1100 supplies, 50 wine and 16 jewelry and I must be at least 2-3 weeks away from getting there.

Trading in my group is great, but I have started planning ahead early on already gathering lot of the lumber and wine I know I will be needing in the future.

DeletedUser

You can, just hover over the unlock button, to the right of every research. For example, I can tell that Chain of command needs 600 gold, 1100 supplies, 50 wine and 16 jewelry and I must be at least 2-3 weeks away from getting there.

Trading in my group is great, but I have started planning ahead early on already gathering lot of the lumber and wine I know I will be needing in the future.

Ahh, thanks! That helps a lot.

DeletedUser

Even so, it is outrageous... I completely agree with the OP. In my group for example there are hardly any active people and only 2-3 of those have a trade on the market. Now i need 50 limestones to unlock something. You do the math at 1/4h.

DeletedUser

Well, I've created two vineyards and hopefully this helps a bit.

DeletedUser

Even so, it is outrageous... I completely agree with the OP. In my group for example there are hardly any active people and only 2-3 of those have a trade on the market. Now i need 50 limestones to unlock something. You do the math at 1/4h.

I know I'm gonna sound like an butt here but this game wasn't made to be completed in a week, it was intentional to be long and hard to get goods and patience is the key here. You guys have to stop complaining that you can't do everything in a flash, sorry wrong game.

DeletedUser

Just created 3rd vineyard, things should be done soon. I've thought about using market many times, but it sucks at this point. We can't even create trade offers yet.

Thanks for the replies guys.

DeletedUser

Just created 3rd vineyard, things should be done soon. I've thought about using market many times, but it sucks at this point. We can't even create trade offers yet.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yay! Go getter Benjamin, and make sure those workers and their supervisors aren't hoarding some wine for happy hours :D

DeletedUser

Trading with the merchant is like taking out a loan with 2000% APR
Get real with the trade level if you want players to stay

DeletedUser

Trading with the merchant is like taking out a loan with 2000% APR
Get real with the trade level if you want players to stay

Npc merchants really should not even be in as the rate is idiotic and the trade needs to be global like other games have but until they get rid of the 80 person limit that no one likes and is probably the biggest mistake this game has they use it as a way to slow your progress / encourage trading with other people but since so few are active and the cost of a forge point means very little will get done for now.

DeletedUser17

I do not play with premium and was stuck in the iron age cause of the archers. I specialized in wine and traded with the other players for marble. Yes it took me around 6 days for my offer to be accepted but I eventually made it.

We are working on a system that will make the neighbourhood trading more active, so this issue will not occur any more in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.