• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

stuck against barbarians

DeletedUser99018

anyone got ideas on how to defeat barbarians - slingers on todepass i have tried armed infantry, mercs, archers, heavy cavalry, catapults but still keep being defeated

im also stuck on teufelsfurt and felssenke has attack and defence boost by 15% im currently in high mid ages any help would be great

DeletedUser

Why do even barbarians have atk/def bonus, makes no sense.. Barbarians built GB? AI/Sectors shouldn't even have atk/def bonuses, it should be for pvp only really, so normal players can progress too. I remember being stuck in Industrial sector with PE units, didn't ever capture it, left the world.

DeletedUser7719

I don't remember barbarians having a GB bonus...
The best way to defeat them is using armored infantry (or heavy cavalry if we're talking about the barbarian slingers) and first damaging all of them before actually killing them

DeletedUser15432

anyone got ideas on how to defeat barbarians - slingers on todepass i have tried armed infantry, mercs, archers, heavy cavalry, catapults but still keep being defeated

im also stuck on teufelsfurt and felssenke has attack and defence boost by 15% im currently in high mid ages any help would be great

Well, I beat them using trebuckets and great swords on 3 separate worlds so you might want to try those

DeletedUser112562

Against the 8 barbarians sector I used 4 ballistae and 4 archers. I'm not sure if the layout is the same for everyone but for my fight it took all of them 2 turns to reach me. I hit 4 in round 1 with my ballistae and the other 4 round 2. They were all damaged past half(a few a little more) for round 3 so my archers started picking them off. If any were on rocks with lower health than the rest(3 or less HPs) I hit them first because after about 4 or 5 kills you start to see the special ability really add up. I tried to get my archers on rocks too but sometimes you can't because of the counter-attack. 1 of my archers got hit for 9 and I ran him away and they chased giving up their position on rocks. Ballistae don't do much damage on the last few but it adds up. The end result was 2 dead archers and one damaged past half and 8 dead barbarians.

The next sector with 6 barbarians and 2 slingers I used same strategy just make sure the first 4 kills include the slingers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Each barbarian that dies increases the bonus given to the survivors - so if you pick them off one at a time the last few become unbeatably dangerous.
As others have said, the trick is to wound them all a little at a time using missile weapons and then make sure you can finish them all off in the same round.