• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (New Game Feature) Storybook (quest story archive)

Do you like and support this idea?

• Yes, +1 (There should be a storybook in-game)

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, +1 (There should be a story archive on the official Wiki)

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No, - (I disagree)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112745

Introduction
Each quest in the game, whether it's a story, bonus, recurring or event quest, is accompanied by a storyline. The writers for the game have done a very good job with these event stories, I must say. As both a reader and a published author myself, I enjoy these stories a lot. Most recently the summer event 2018 storyline, which is right up my street (gotta love pirates).

However sometimes these stories are easy to miss or easy to accidentally skip, especially on mobile devices. And sometimes people would like to revisit previous storylines of their past quests. I think it's a shame, especially to the writers of the quest story, that once a story is passed, it's gone forever.

_________ ~* ☸ *~ _________

Proposal:
My proposal is a simple one. A storybook feature.

This is a sort of archive that the player can use to revisit previous storylines, including those of event quests.
Just to be clear - this does not allow the player to redo the quest. Simply to re-read the story that was part of that questline.

This could be achieved by either one of two ways:
  • An in-game storybook feature that, once the player reaches the accompanying quest, unlocks the story in the storybook that they can revisit or re-read if they wish. This avoids spoilers.
  • Including the storylines in the official FoE Wiki. This will cause spoilers.

Have you Checked the Ideas section?
Aye matey.

Reason:
There have been a handful of forum posts (the most recent at this time being this one [click]) by players as well as in-game queries in chats and messages asking if it would be possible for them to re-read a quest story, because they missed it or are feeling nostalgic. Or just fancy a good read. Sadly the current answer is "no".

A storybook feature will not only allow players to revisit past quest stories, but will also ensure that the writers of the quest do not experience the horror of having their beautifully written story vanishing forever into the void of nothingness once the questline has passed.

Balance:
A cup of tea and maybe a couple of biscuits or a slice of cake will balance very nicely with reading a story.

Summary:
A storybook that stores all of the questline stories from the game will allow players to revisit those stories if they missed them or just because they want to re-read them. It will also make sure the writer's hard work doesn't just fly out of the window once, for example, a limited time questline finishes.

It's a small feature which doesn't change the gameplay in any way. All it does is allows those who like to read to, well, read.

Vesiger

Monarch
Yes, I keep skipping the second half of all the quest storyline posts by mistake - just the ability to page back through chapters already read would be good.
+1

Amy Steele

General
I would love to see something like this for the event questlines especially. A number of them I have set out to take screenshots of each quest, but then comes a time when I forget, or I do not reach the end of the questline, so my record is incomplete

+1

DeletedUser110531

+1

I love the story line for this game and rereading it takes a lot of effort (and a new world) I think something like this would be awesome!

DeletedUser115027

+1

Would prefer being able to read the story in game, but having it available on the wiki would be an acceptable substitute.

DeletedUser107616

OK to +1

they could put a link to foe wiki when you finish an event or when the event ends (where it has :"congratulations......")

DeletedUser112892

+1
I am not really interested for stories in FoE, but it can come in hand sometimes :)

DeletedUser108359

+1 Absolutely.
many quests i try get done asap and wish i had time to read the actual story properly, especially the historic ones.
'Im sure the researchers spend many hours collecting all the information and it would be very nice to have a "library" to go visit and read at our leisure. 8-)

DeletedUser113235

Don't read those stories,
But for the players that want to
+1

DeletedUser

+1 yes totally I miss too much on mobile.
Must be my bad too a bit as I am eager to fulfill the quests :)
So yes, with archive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.