• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Storing Great Buildings...

King Arinar

Private
Hi. I like the idea of being able to collect great buildings. so. for example...

I have a Colosseum at level 10 and nobody else has contributed forge points to level 11.....now (AS LONG AS NOBODY HAS CONTRIBUTED FORGE POINTS)....I should be able to store that great building using a store building item or a special one if inno would prefer for great buildings only.

Now there could be a catch such as the great building you are removing from your city cannot be put back on to your city for say 1 month.....or if you would like to have it put back on at anytime using a set of blue prints. (like you would when you first build any new great building)

It would be good to collect these buildings rather than throwing everyone's hard work on forge points down the gutter.

Opinions?

The Colosseum is the biggest pile of trash in the game, why would you want to store it?

The same as with any building, when it get's to a point that it is worthless then just get rid of it!

I should take my own advice and delete LoA, RAH, RFP, Obs........

King Arinar

Private
yes true. there are several useless great buildings. thought it would give you something to spend forge points on at a later stage in the game as later aged players apparently have nothing to spend them on. was just an idea. didn't expect to be shot down so quick.

Agent327

Overlord
yes true. there are several useless great buildings. thought it would give you something to spend forge points on at a later stage in the game as later aged players apparently have nothing to spend them on. was just an idea. didn't expect to be shot down so quick.

Perhaps you should have come up with a better idea that at least was debatable.

The best idea is to fix your strategy instead and avoid such GBs. Why even building them?
If you mean colloseums and notre dames and alike, no I dont build those. im talking about most in general. Even the great CDM is unefficient. Most event buildings are more efficient for the space, for example an alter garden athena for example it is a 2x 3 and it provides 3 forge points. so in the area a cdm takes up you could fit more than one. how many forge points do you have to spend until the CDM beats them in forge points? how long does it take? keep in mind that you can get an event building in a month taking it easy... for a CDM should start at 9 points instead. Buildings like hagia sofia is the absolut worse and should provide alot more like an event building does. they provide more then just forge points.

anyway I dont see why event buildings are better then so called GREAT buildings.

In my last city I have decided to go without them. just with an OBS to facilitate instead of having to donate manually all the time. Its my project and we will see how it goes. one thing is for sure I will go through the ages faster.

Buildings like hagia sofia is the absolut worse and should provide alot more like an event building does. they provide more then just forge points.
You really think so?

My HS isn't a particularly high level only being at 60 but this gives a fp/tile efficiency of 0.86 which is much higher than non GB buildings. As the majority of the spots were taken at 90% each level has paid for itself in a few days so is essentially free not to mention the happiness which means that you don't have to build useless culture buildings freeing up space for more useful stuff

@The executioner

Even the great CDM is unefficient. Most event buildings are more efficient for the space, for example an alter garden athena for example it is a 2x 3 and it provides 3 forge points. so in the area a cdm takes up you could fit more than one.

It's not just about FP efficiency, CdM provides both attack and defense boost for attacking army. Altair of Athena provides only attack boost so its basically half as efficient in that aspect. Getting attack boost is relatively easy but defense boost for attacking army is difficult to get and therefore very valuable. CdM gives both.

how many forge points do you have to spend until the CDM beats them in forge points? how long does it take?

On level 55 it takes around 13 months for CdM to pay off if you used power leveling and cost to get there is around 13k FPs net. But it's worth investing into it because of benefits mentioned in my first point.

Buildings like hagia sofia is the absolut worse and should provide alot more like an event building does. they provide more then just forge points.

It does, it provides happiness as well. HS won't be a good choice for early game but later when you can power level it, it takes 11 months on level 55 to pay off investment. (11k net investment) New players must understand that every GB is a long term investment, this is how this game works - nothing comes back over night!

Going trough the ages without building up your GBs will make you too weak to do anything else in the game, you won't be able to fight in GBG / GE / GvG.
Not to mention the easy prey for plunderers as you can't strike back.

yes yes yes at level 55, 60....come on how long does that take?how many forge points? They just dont compare in effeciency with an event building and that doesnt make them so "GREAT" now does it?

yes yes yes at level 55, 60....come on how long does that take?how many forge points? They just dont compare in effeciency with an event building and that doesnt make them so "GREAT" now does it?
Depends on your fp income or what you've got saved up in the inventory. I added 10 levels to my cdm a few days ago, took about 15 minutes and most of that was organising other people to take the spots. If I'm doing it from daily income a gb level will generally take 1 or 2 days depending on what it is

I think I wrote how many FPs, haven't I?
Also inform yourself about 1,9 (power leveling) and then comment again. For example : CdM level 37 to 38 costs 1400 FPs in total. After 1, 9 sponsorship it cuts the cost down to 200 FPs for the whole level. So it took me less than 20 days to get CdM from level 10 to level 55. Is that too much?

well i have an income of 74 on a good day and most people dont wait until they are at a higher era to obtain the GBs they need. So it is normal to be strugling to go through the levels of the needed gbs. If they were more efficient it wouldnt be so hard. especially when you put in 50 fps to get 1 in return.