• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Store Building Should Include Diamond Bought Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser99588
  • Start date

DeletedUser99588

Anyone else think that the 'store building' should include diamond bought buildings as well as event buildings?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97166

I think you have a good point my frienemy (and yes I am planning to stay on point). There have been times when I have not necessarily needed a building but was reluctant to delete it due to the fact it was a diamond building and I may have had use for it again in the future.
So I agree it would be useful if you were able to use store building for more than just the event items.

DeletedUser99588

Am I saying they are?

Event buildings you can upgrade. Diamond buildings you can't, so they lose their usefulness. There is no reason to store them.

You can't really upgrade rogue camps, drummer school or color guard and yet have are all been event buildings. Unless you consider opening slots as upgrading but then the store building resets them anyway.

I just like some of the diamond buildings, for example the hologram arena but do not always need it in my city. It just seemed to me that the devs had decided to keep the store building for special buildings and I guess I consider diamond buildings special.

Not looking to argue over it just wondered what others thoughts were regarding it.

DeletedUser114563

I agree with you thanatos, 100%. More then once I would liked also to have stored my Hologram Arena and later when space became available put it back into the game. My Hologram Arena has a lot of value to me because it brightens up my town.

DeletedUser111359

You're always free to buy a new Hologram Arena whenever it suits you. You can't buy event buildings at will. That's the big difference.

Agent327

Overlord
That's what you should have said then!

You hadn't asked yet.

You can't really upgrade rogue camps, drummer school or color guard and yet have are all been event buildings. Unless you consider opening slots as upgrading but then the store building resets them anyway.

You have no need to upgrade them, the unit can not change. You can not upgrade watchfires either and those you can store as well.

I just like some of the diamond buildings, for example the hologram arena but do not always need it in my city. It just seemed to me that the devs had decided to keep the store building for special buildings and I guess I consider diamond buildings special.

Diamond buildings are not special. They are a better version of the normal buildings that you have to pay for. Special does not mean that it looks pretty.

Not looking to argue over it just wondered what others thoughts were regarding it.

Special buildings always give a special reward. Diamond buildings give nothing special, they give just the same as normal buildings. In the end, a normal building 2 ages up gives more than a diamond building 2 ages lower, so there is no need to keep those.

DeletedUser

I was for ever in Colonial age and boy do I have some pointless diamond trees close to 100 won via events and mainly GE.
I want to sell them for coins and supplies but they are so worthless that we can’t even do that!

DeletedUser99588

You have no need to upgrade them, the unit can not change. You can not upgrade watchfires either and those you can store as well.

Thank you for emphasising my point. Whether a building can be upgraded shouldn't be the criteria for storing it.

Diamond buildings are not special. They are a better version of the normal buildings that you have to pay for. Special does not mean that it looks pretty..

I assume Inno believe they are special as they ask for payment in diamonds as compared to standard buildings. I never mentioned anything about making my city pretty although I know some players do enjoy that aspect of the game.

Special buildings always give a special reward.

I think you will need to define 'special reward' for me. I look forward to it :)

Diamond buildings give nothing special, they give just the same as normal buildings. In the end, a normal building 2 ages up gives more than a diamond building 2 ages lower, so there is no need to keep those.

The fact they provide returns ahead of their age is what makes them special. A player may also wish to store a diamond building of their current age for a number reasons so I'm not sure why you are focusing on when a player progresses to a new age.

Agent327

Overlord
I think you will need to define 'special reward' for me. I look forward to it :)

There are some old "special buildings" that do not differ that much from the diamond buildings, true, but the special buildings that have been introduced since the store kit are much better in the rewards. The difference is you can not buy special buildings whenever you want.

The fact they provide returns ahead of their age is what makes them special. A player may also wish to store a diamond building of their current age for a number reasons so I'm not sure why you are focusing on when a player progresses to a new age.

What would those reasons be?

All I am saying is diamond buildings an not be made better in any way, so why hold onto them other than you think they are pretty?

DeletedUser99588

There are some old "special buildings" that do not differ that much from the diamond buildings, true, but the special buildings that have been introduced since the store kit are much better in the rewards. The difference is you can not buy special buildings whenever you want.

What would those reasons be?

All I am saying is diamond buildings an not be made better in any way, so why hold onto them other than you think they are pretty?

Indeed there are a number of event buildings that do not offer an additional special reward.

The same reason for storing any building. I don't need it at the time but I may in the future. You do have a point about being able to buy them anytime, that is definitely a differential between them, and so you could argue they are less special than event buildings. However, GE and daily challenge pop out special buildings all the time so are readily available and far more common. Which in a way makes them less special as you haven't had to pay for them.

It is a conundrum. They are definitely special otherwise Inno wouldn't make you pay for them. Are they special enough though?

Agent327

Overlord
The same reason for storing any building. I don't need it at the time but I may in the future.

By the time you want to place it again in the future you have the option to place a better building, unless you camp.

You do have a point about being able to buy them anytime, that is definitely a differential between them, and so you could argue they are less special than event buildings. However, GE and daily challenge pop out special buildings all the time so are readily available and far more common. Which in a way makes them less special as you haven't had to pay for them.

True, but that does not apply to all special buildings. Some are rather rare and those are the ones I store. Others I delete.

It is a conundrum. They are definitely special otherwise Inno wouldn't make you pay for them. Are they special enough though?

Like I said. Some really are and others have become less special, cause you just get to many, or for what they what they bring there are better buildings now.

DeletedUser114563

Why has this post gone off the topic with special buildings when the topic is ( was ):
Anyone else thing that the 'store building' should include diamond bought buildings as well as event buildings?
Event buildings in some cases are also diamond bought buildings like the Hologram Arena which I win in an event, as I would never spend 800 diamonds on anything.

DeletedUser99588

By the time you want to place it again in the future you have the option to place a better building, unless you camp.

I'm not camp, at least I don't think I am:P Just kidding. As it happens I am camping at the moment but that isn't relevant. The fact is I or others may only wish to store a building for a day or a week which means there is no guarantee there will be anything better on offer. Please open your mind that not everyone plays the game in the same way. Try to look past your own playing style and appreciate others may do it differently. Not everyone is in a race to the end.

True, but that does not apply to all special buildings. Some are rather rare and those are the ones I store. Others I delete.

Good for you. I find diamond buildings to be very rare in most cities including my own. Whereas I have an abundance of event buildings. The fact is most do not have lots of money to spend on diamonds and for many diamonds are saved for expansion slots.

Like I said. Some really are and others have become less special, cause you just get to many, or for what they what they bring there are better buildings now.

I agree, although you haven't really provided a good enough reason, in my eyes anyway, that diamond buildings are not special buildings. However, it would seem Inno are in agreement with you as they didn't deem them special enough either. You do seem to be on the same wavelength as them in a lot of the posts I have read. Maybe you should apply for a job.

DeletedUser99588

Why has this post gone off the topic with special buildings when the topic is ( was ):
Anyone else thing that the 'store building' should include diamond bought buildings as well as event buildings?
Event buildings in some cases are also diamond bought buildings like the Hologram Arena which I win in an event, as I would never spend 800 diamonds on anything.

Agent gave a reason why he thought they shouldn't be included deeming them not special enough. I'm happy for that point to be discussed as well as any other relevant ones raised.

DeletedUser113901

Premium buildings are common GE rewards+ some premiums are worse than regulars from the same age (high rise and renaissance mansion for example)+ Premiums are often good deals for young cities, but they quickly get sold to make space for specials and GBs. I'll say -1 because it only makes the app heavyer and increases the chance to store the wrong building, sorry.