• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stop the spam already!

DeletedUser111359

I don't pick my neighbors in the game. They shouldn't be able to message everyone in the neighborhood so easily.

I don't want, or need their messages begging for FP or goods.

In the meantime, I'll just keep reporting it everytime. Sooner or later the mods are going to get tired of it, I hope.

Shad23

Emperor
this should be like a check box where you have to clic so you don't receive any messages from your neighbors that are not your friends

Emberguard

Legend
That's called the Ignore button. Someone in my neighbourhood put me on ignore and I only know about it because I tried to send them a thankyou for contributing to my GB and wanted to invite them into the Arc group for a actual swap but was blocked and couldn't send.

DeletedUser112892

Happened to me many times. Most common cases:
1. They want someone to trade goods.
2. They want someone to donate to their GB (barely anyone donates :P)

dimondus

Captain
My experience unclude offers to donate to high level Arc when 1st and often 2nd places are already taken.
The problem here is not a mass mail but awful forum design. C'mon, top row is a guild thread and only 4 rows for all other stuff like 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 swaps, GB in the mud, Obs BP thread, guild trade chat, GE participation thread, etc, etc. Its even worse when Inno put announcement in top row, like now with Virtual future.
So yes, better to demand a forum rework rather than asking to ban people for sending mass mail in MMO game. :)

DeletedUser111359

That's called the Ignore button. Someone in my neighbourhood put me on ignore and I only know about it because I tried to send them a thankyou for contributing to my GB and wanted to invite them into the Arc group for a actual swap but was blocked and couldn't send.

Oh, I report and ignore everyone that spams this way. But I shouldn't have to. The game shouldn't make it so easy for people I didn't ask to be neighbors with, to mass mail everyone in the hood.

So, would you class informing guild members and friends you will be off line for X number of weeks as spam. I do this because I want them to know I will not be motivating, sitting in taverns etc for a length of time.

DeletedUser111359

We're talking mostly about neighborhood mass mail. Friends and family are allowed to spam :)

Actually, in an ideal world I don't want anyone spamming me from any of the 3 lists. Guildies especially, since we have a guild chat, and the guild itself will set up lists for things like that.

Keeping up with all the message threads I need to as a member of the guild is enough work. I don't need people creating more of them for random little purposes.

DeletedUser99692

Its a feature of the app players are able to send to either their guild, friends list or neighbours. I just hope that they don't import it to the browser game I hate begging mail regardless of who it is from.

DeletedUser111359

I don't see much point in reporting them as it's not against the rules - you might as well report everyone who annoys you by levelling up your Great Buildings...

It's a feature that is broken, and while within the rules, should be fixed. And I'm hoping that the mods will eventually put a little pressure on it.

DeletedUser113340

l am probably the cause of some of this frustration every time there is a daily quest to collect lots of tavern silver which requires Friends to visit my tavern or collect their silver so their taverns aren't full. My suggestion is that the Quests not require reliance on other players to complete the quest. l usually send messages to my friends who haven't visited my tavern nor collected their silver but unfortunately due to this being an international game their many timezones which means when l send the messages some players could asleep or offline so as it gets closer to the time of the quest ending l will send reminder messages which is not only annoying for the others but also for me having to send these messages. So please change the requirements to require friends to be needed for players to complete their quest. Otherwise the spam will be ongoing and if some friends ignore others then required messaging will be affected also.

Agent327

Overlord
l am probably the cause of some of this frustration every time there is a daily quest to collect lots of tavern silver which requires Friends to visit my tavern or collect their silver so their taverns aren't full. My suggestion is that the Quests not require reliance on other players to complete the quest. l usually send messages to my friends who haven't visited my tavern nor collected their silver but unfortunately due to this being an international game their many timezones which means when l send the messages some players could asleep or offline so as it gets closer to the time of the quest ending l will send reminder messages which is not only annoying for the others but also for me having to send these messages. So please change the requirements to require friends to be needed for players to complete their quest. Otherwise the spam will be ongoing and if some friends ignore others then required messaging will be affected also.

Great reason! Why should you work on a good friends list when you can spam the crap out of everyone.

DeletedUser111359

If I somehow ended up w/ someone like you on my friends list, the spam would not be ongoing. I'd block you in a heartbeat. I don't need inconsiderate jerks as friends.

DeletedUser113340

With the above comments it proves my point that by the requiring of friends to visit my tavern it frustrates them and me by having to somehow ask friends to visit my tavern if they removed that requirement then this would all stop. l only send a message to my friends who haven't visited my tavern in the last 24 hrs otherwise how would complete my quest?