• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stop changing the amount when contributing to GB's

RuudM

Private
This happens when another player contributes to the same GB at the same time and there are not enough FP's left to contribute.
FoE changes the contribution amount in the background without notice to the maximum amount left to contribute.

The result is a leveled GB and massive loss of FP's for one of the persons contributing.

There is absolutely no valid use case for FoE to change the amount someone contributes to another players GB. In the case described the contribution should be declined with a message stating that amount cannot be contributed anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-21 171303.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-21 171303.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 35

Matt999

Private
It is all kinds of disappointing when this happens because it's generally undesirable for everybody. The 2nd person loses a stack of FP and the owner of the GB gets it levelled and misses any double-dip chance. It would be even nicer if it declined/warned if somebody contributed between you opening the screen and hitting the button - it is also a problem when putting in the correct amount you wanted (i.e. not changed by the game) and someone hits just before you. You thought you were putting in 50% of the remainder, but somebody else did just before you.

It sounds super edge case and it kind of is... but I make enough contributions that it happened to me twice yesterday, and probably every few weeks on average. I have since been figuring out the spot, closing and re-opening and putting in super fast. Not the greatest experience but has worked around it. Though even before I was only a few seconds.

If turned into a request and hasn't been rejected before, I would support this :)

RegV

Corporal
Players requested for this way to donate. Players got it. It is now up to them to sort it out
Not sure that is quite right. Players didn't ask for the specific behavior the OP is complaining about. (If they did, show me the post).
Players asked for the ability to add more than 10 FP at a time. To be able to key in the exact number of FP they wanted to put in. They mostly did this because clicking the 10FP button to put 2K fp into a GB was painful, and because mobile players had an advantage here.

Nobody really thought about the corner case, where 2 people snipe at the same time. Since they didn't think about it, they didn't ask, at the time that it work some other way. Inno had to think about the corner case, and they did what they did.
I actually sort of like the way they handled it. Be quick, or get sniped. I'm OK with that, even when I lose.
But that is *NOT* what players requested.

Not sure that is quite right. Players didn't ask for the specific behavior the OP is complaining about. (If they did, show me the post).
Players asked for the ability to add more than 10 FP at a time. To be able to key in the exact number of FP they wanted to put in. They mostly did this because clicking the 10FP button to put 2K fp into a GB was painful, and because mobile players had an advantage here.

Nobody really thought about the corner case, where 2 people snipe at the same time. Since they didn't think about it, they didn't ask, at the time that it work some other way. Inno had to think about the corner case, and they did what they did.
I actually sort of like the way they handled it. Be quick, or get sniped. I'm OK with that, even when I lose.
But that is *NOT* what players requested.
Not exactly what players asked for, of course. It's an unexpected side effect. But most players know the risk now, and they've found ways to limit the risk. It happens very rarely now - if you are careful.

Emberguard

Legend
It's far more likely this occurs from a sniper than it is from anything else. And if it is a sniper, chances are that the sniper loses out on the deal.

Personally? I say keep it as is. There should be risk for the reward and if you have an agreement with another player there's more than enough ways to safeguard against opponents

Emberguard

Legend
Nobody really thought about the corner case, where 2 people snipe at the same time
Actually, two people sniping at the same time was far more common before the X FP button was introduced. And it absolutely was brought up at the time as something that was predicted to occur less often (which it does) by reducing the overall timeframe in which a successful snipe can occur. Because back then you'd be racing the sniper by spamming the 10 FP button, 500 FPs at a time. You wouldn't be able to tell who's winning until the system stopped you mid contribution and then did exactly what it does now. Only difference between then and now is the race is over in a single contribution

Knight of ICE

Actually, two people sniping at the same time was far more common before the X FP button was introduced. And it absolutely was brought up at the time as something that was predicted to occur less often (which it does) by reducing the overall timeframe in which a successful snipe can occur. Because back then you'd be racing the sniper by spamming the 10 FP button, 500 FPs at a time. You wouldn't be able to tell who's winning until the system stopped you mid contribution and then did exactly what it does now. Only difference between then and now is the race is over in a single contribution

On the app you could go way over 500 by clicking fast. There never was a race between PC and app. App was faster all the time.

RuudM

Private
This has nothing to do with sniping and risk, For one because sniping is only one scenario where this happens but, more importantly, because this is about FoE actively changing the amount I was intending to contribute and thus actively causing a leveled GB and FP loss. FoE does not have to do that, it chooses to do that, The situation is simple: my contribution is too high and cannot be be executed that's where it should stop.

Knight of ICE

This has nothing to do with sniping and risk, For one because sniping is only one scenario where this happens but, more importantly, because this is about FoE actively changing the amount I was intending to contribute and thus actively causing a leveled GB and FP loss. FoE does not have to do that, it chooses to do that, The situation is simple: my contribution is too high and cannot be be executed that's where it should stop.

FoE isn't doing it. You are doing it by trying to contribute an amount that is not possible. You are paying for a $20 gift with a $100 bill. FoE accepts your payement and gives you $80 back. Would be sstrange you would not be able to pay for that gift if you did not pay with the exact amount.

Matt999

Private
FoE isn't doing it. You are doing it by trying to contribute an amount that is not possible. You are paying for a $20 gift with a $100 bill. FoE accepts your payement and gives you $80 back. Would be sstrange you would not be able to pay for that gift if you did not pay with the exact amount.

and it sends you a different gift than the one you thought you were getting.