• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Still can't filter out non-guild trade offers made by fellow guild members

DeletedUser3157

This problem has been around for about 10 days and I was told it was a bug and it is gonna be fixed soon. But it hasn't so I'm wondering why. It is really annoying to have trades meant for naberhood and trades meant for guild to be mixed together and being unable to filter one from another as long as they fit the 0.5-2 ratio. For example in my guild by clicking the "only show guild offers" I can only filter down offers from 870 to 670. Because 90% of the offers are speculative offers to profit from nabers, they are useless to anybody within the guild and finding decent offers rolling through the pages would take ages. And as we don't allow goods speculating within the guild, we can't really tell who is doing that any more as we can't see if it's in guild or naberhood offer. Anyways it's just annoying, I was told it is gonna be fixed, and I'm just wondering if this issue is still considered a bug and will be fixed in the future or not. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

I'm not really following what you're trying to say. Perhaps if you follow the required format I'd understand better.

You can find the format here - Link
For future reference, it's the thread in the Bug Report Section titled "MUST READ ME FIRST!!!"

DeletedUser1081

... the guildmates in your neighbourhood have put up 600-or-so offers that they haven't marked "guild only"? that's what it sounds like,

DeletedUser

I think I understand what you're saying, and this is not a bug.
Since patch 0.15 all guildmember trades are shown to each guild member. Despite neighbourhood.
This has effectively discontinued the ability to (as a guild member) create profit trades to your neighbourhood and fair trades to your guild, since both these trades would be seen by every other guildmember as a guild trade.

This modification has made our Trading Guild set up the rule to prohibit trading outside of the guild.
The first few days people were a bit angry about it, but we came with arguments why we decided this and it has actually prospered the guild.

But as for the 'bug' :
Checkered Jester said:
Filters are now actually filters. You no longer have to select "Guild Only" if you are in the same guild as someone to be able to trade for free. This means, if you are in the same guild and neighborhood, you will get it for free from wherever you get it.

- Lodroth

DeletedUser3157

I am well aware of the required format thread, but under no possible edit or wording is it possible to fit this bug reminder/question under that kind of format and still be informative/making sense. But since it is still a (possible) bug related issue, I made it in this sub-forum section as it is by far the most fitting for such an issue. Whole nature of the problem is said in the thread title - trade offers you created not ticking the "guild-only" are still seen by fellow guild members even when they tick the "only show guild offers". I assume that is because those are within the 0.5-2 rate and don't cost a FP, but still it is annoying and suppoesdly it was claimed to be a 'bug to be fixed soon' more than a week ago.

DeletedUser

(Sorry for bumping, but the messages were about the same time and he may not have seen it, and since his message was later, it won't highlight the thread as 'unread' to him.. please delete if this is still out of order).

Did you see my message, hint?

DeletedUser3157

Yes I did, thanks. I might have upon original read misunderstood that quote a bit then. Nevertheless if it is now intensional that you can only sort your trades between those which cost you a FP and those which do not, then the "only show guild offers" box should be renamed to what it is now, and a true "only guild offers" filtering option should be added out there. I think that idea could be actually fit under the format idas section has, so I will perhaps post it up there some time.

Edit: Ok I actually did it, here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...g-option-in-quot-Trade-quot&p=37641#post37641