• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Sticky Recurring Quests check box

Ati2

Legend
it might point out a problem with the game.

Is it a problem, though?

I doubt that there's any game where people who have been playing for a long time do not have an advantage over people who are only starting out. Such is life. Runners who have run a marathon more than three times are not required to now jump on one leg just because there are runners who have never run before. There are races for new runners, and so it is here: there are new worlds. Still, this does not prevent someone who knows how the game works start a new city there--just as in real life, having run a marathon twenty times does not prevent you from going to a 3km run and be first.

Getting back to the question of recurring quests: is it a problem that people who spend more time with the game, are somewhat better than those who spend a minute a day with it? That's normal. The problem would be the exact opposite: if a minute a day would be enough to achieve the same thing as spending 12 hours with it. That would be catastrophic.

Agent327

Overlord
As such I see the point in what you are pointing out, but it does not come accross like a fruitful idea or solution, at least not the way you present it.
And frankly counting is what people are already doing and properly also why the OP suggests what it does.

Anyhting in any game that can be exploited will be exploited – it is up to the game developers to make sure that as little as posssible is exploitable and in other cases the so called exploit is a calculated part of the game and can not really be called an exploit. In this case it is up to new players to remain curious and not take the whole game for granted after a few weeks of play.

FoE is a free game - And It is far more complicated than most new players realize – making the reoccuring quests even more complicated would not mean that much to the high ranking players – just slightly more annoying, but new players might end up in some situations where they will be set far more back than the established players – So what you are proposing is close to being a double negative.

BTW. There is no such thing a real random in the digital world, that is unless the input source is connected to something truly random in the real world – like example the Weather.

Also on Mobile the Quest-story is presented before the Quest it self – while on desktop it is more the opposite. It is not that interesting even for new players to read the same stories over and over again, so they will start counting at some point. On mobile with the suggested "Random" function the Quests would be even more tideous since the story is the same regardless of how it is shuffled. And why does something that after a week of play is no longer a secret have to made secretive – that is just creating unsessesary Annoyment and complication.

If there should be a rewamp to the Reoccuring quests then it needs another idea and what that exactly should be I am not to say. Maybe some split line choice of stories working over the week etc. in all not that easy to think through and/or to develop.

And for the issue of RSI – well if you played long enough RSI can certainly be a problem with this game – So essentially you are contradicting your own statement. New players don´t even mind a few more clicks – Exactly! because they did not play that long. And don´t you think that perhaps players that spend a really long time on the game also a prone to spend some money on it now and then when they are using so much time on it.
You just want to cut that all away?.

Your counter approach to the OP is really not very constructive even that it might point out a problem with the game.

I guess you do not get his humor.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
In fact I do not mind some sarcasm and Irony – I just did not pick it up at your comment and thats about it – Sorry to dissapoint on this hilarious excercise – the about most funny Thread and Posts ever.

Yeah, well, I thought about this pattern before: you either "do" or "do not" -- it is only one word apart, the word "not" -- no matter how long the sentence is that follows; how many words there are. (Profounding! (I mean profound!))