• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sticky Group Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some group threads in FOE are started as a long term thread with a purpose, for example GB contribution loops, threads for members to advertise GBs levelling, etc.
It would be useful for the administrator of the thread to be able to make one message sticky, that is, to always be visible on the thread overview. This message would normally be the description of the thread. This would be very useful as new players are added to a thread over time.

DeletedUser111589

Then what is group message title about? On jaims in guild I am we have bunch of named group messages, no sticky msg needed because title is "20 FP swap thread" "traders stand" "GB leveling thread" etc etc.

Hi Ilela. In the case of a swap thread I would like the ability to have a sticky message setting out briefly the rules of the swap. In our guild we often get new players who think that a swap thread is a kind of begging thread, so they will post a GB without having contributed to the previous message. Yes, I know that they should be able to figure it out from the name, but newbies can get overwhelmed with the complexities of the game at first.

DeletedUser109827

Interesting idea, I get it in that some of the guild threads can not be simply explained in the thread title. I have seen some threads where someone will repost the key part of the message periodically, your solution would solve that and make it no longer necessary.

I have a thread on one of my worlds titled GOLUP....it took me a while to figure out what it was for (Guild Observatory Level UP).

+1 from me.

DeletedUser112394

I’d like a thread to have a sticky option. So I can keep all my important threads at the top of the window instead of having to go look for them. If you have a lot of conversation threads with friends it’s easy for other threads to get lost. I realize it’s not a huge mission to scroll through a few pages looking for threads but I think it would be convenient.

It shouldn’t be much of a stretch since the option already exists for forum topics.

maculator

Private
The option of making a thread in guild chat 'sticky' would be extremely useful. Much time is lost scrolling through guild threads trying to find the one you want. Most useful for information type threads as very active threads, fp swap threads for example, are used constantly and therefore bump regularly. There are times when I want my guildies to see a thread as soon as they log in - it's tedious and fruitless to expect them all to scroll back just in case there's an important message to be read.

Agent327

Overlord
The option of making a thread in guild chat 'sticky' would be extremely useful. Much time is lost scrolling through guild threads trying to find the one you want. Most useful for information type threads as very active threads, fp swap threads for example, are used constantly and therefore bump regularly. There are times when I want my guildies to see a thread as soon as they log in - it's tedious and fruitless to expect them all to scroll back just in case there's an important message to be read.

Great necro of an archived post.

Status
Not open for further replies.