• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stats pop up box when fighting .

Snazzle

Private
So , this may have been mentioned before but I am new to game only been playing a month .
When in battle , the statistics box that appears when cursor is over an enemy target is completely blocking my view of my army .
Let me give you an example of what I mean .
I was fighting , moved my archer to a rock and targeted an enemy
But due to the fact that the grey stats box completely covered my archer I could not see if my archer would move off the rock if I attacked .
I targeted another enemy with same archer and the little red arrow indicated that the archer would indeed move off the rock if I attacked that enemy .
Target the enemy I want to attack and grey stats box obstructs my infantry man again thus unable to tell if it will move or not !

Now this has happened umpteen times now and is really starting to annoy me .
I do not need or want the grey stats box obstructing my view point , especially when I cannot see what my chosen infantry man movements will be if I attack certain enemy targets .
There is no option to turn off this grey stats box !! .

So , either create the option to turn off /on this grey stats box or have it appear for x amount of seconds and then vanish when cursor is over enemy .
Or move this stats box elsewhere on the screen where it does not obscure over the top of the battle zones .

The obstruction of view point by this grey stats box is a a game breaker for me .
If i cannot tell what my army movement will do due to obstruction by this huge stats box appearing then I might as well just click randomly anywhere on the battle map with my eyes closed !.

Do something about this please Devs, as this is stats box information overload .
Thank You

DeletedUser110195

Your problem is you're putting the cursor over the unit in the turn queue...put the cursor over the actual unit on the field, the box only appears directly over the unit when you do this.

Snazzle

Private
Sorry but no , it is when I put the cursor over the unit on the field that is the problem ,
The grey stats pop up box only appears when the cursor is on the unit on the field and does not appear if i place on unit in the queue .
Look again and you will see , the grey stats pop up box gives different info as to the queue pop up stat box .

There is no way to avoid this grey stats pop up box from appearing as you have to click on the enemy unit to attack it , and cannot click the unit in the queue for the attack .
If need be i will post a vid to show the problem .

DeletedUser110195

If it's putting the stat box over YOUR units...assuming they're not directly adjacent to the target, then something is going wrong on your end, it does not do this to me, I've checked today on my main world in progressive era and an alt world in iron age, checked options both in and out of fighting, there's nothing I've enabled or disabled that would cause this.

You may want to contact support, because that should not happen.

Snazzle

Private
I am playing on browser on a laptop .
The stats pop up box that appears when cursor is over an enemy unit on the field of battle ...
Here is its contents

Name of unit ,, etc etc
Unit description .. etc etc
Attack bonus... x amount
Expected damage ... x amount
Retaliation damage ... x amount
Movement costs ... x amount

It is constantly on screen whenever i move cursor to an enemy unit , and obviously changes if cursor is moved to new target giving new targets info
But this pop up stats box is always present when i move cursor to any enemy target on the battle field .
Depending on where my units are situated , this stats box overlaps my units so unable to see them and as mentioned unable to know if my unit will move if enemy target is clicked on to then engage .
So your telling me this is not normal ?
Its been like this since i started the game .

Can I have some conformation as to what is going on from someone within the games Dev team please .
Is there any possible communication with the games creators , thank you .

DeletedUser110195

I'm not a dev but it's been like that since I started, 11 months ago. Also for ranged units you shouldn't be putting the cursor on the target, because the AI will move you to stupid positions you can attack from, what you should do is move your cursor about the field and when your target is in a light brown shading, your archer can hit them from there, dark brown is where it can move to. Putting the cursor over enemy units will show you in the same way how far they can move and their attack range. I know the tutorial tells you 'you can click directly on the unit to attack it directly!' while not telling you the AI is absolutely idiotic and letting it do anything is a sure way to get your army killed or maimed.

Snazzle

Private
Dude I no fool and know what I am doing thank you , I position my units to my desired hex and not just press click on enemy and watch my unit wander off to just any hex the ai desires , learnt that the day I began game , watching the ai just wander into some daft positions i learnt very quickly that day .
Thanks but I not need any advice on how or what to do ,
I came here to try to understand why this stupid pop up stats box is constantly on screen and to see if I could reason with the dev team and see my logic ,
that it is not a good thing in actual fact .
The example I gave about my archer , I choose the rock for it to move on to , thus when I hoovered my cursor over enemy target i did not want my archer to move from the rock for obvious reason of extra damage from being on the rock , but due to this dumb stats pop up box I could not tell if my archer would move or not . .
Therefore my reasoning to why this pop up stats box on enemy targets is completely daft and needs addressing
Cheers .

DeletedUser

Dude I no fool and know what I am doing thank you , I position my units to my desired hex and not just press click on enemy and watch my unit wander off to just any hex the ai desires , learnt that the day I began game , watching the ai just wander into some daft positions i learnt very quickly that day .
Thanks but I not need any advice on how or what to do ,
I came here to try to understand why this stupid pop up stats box is constantly on screen and to see if I could reason with the dev team and see my logic ,
that it is not a good thing in actual fact .
The example I gave about my archer , I choose the rock for it to move on to , thus when I hoovered my cursor over enemy target i did not want my archer to move from the rock for obvious reason of extra damage from being on the rock , but due to this dumb stats pop up box I could not tell if my archer would move or not . .
Therefore my reasoning to why this pop up stats box on enemy targets is completely daft and needs addressing
Cheers .

Augustavian's comment's got a point, though. When you put your cursor on a tile, you can see where you'll be able to shoot. I understand that the pop-up box hides stuff under it, but if you check where you'll be able to shoot somewhere before moving, that shouldn't be a problem. Moreover, if you move your cursor away, you'll be able to clearly see where your unit can shot from its current position, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Snazzle

Private
It only happens when units are clustered together in the central part of the battle map ,
Due to the fact that the units are close together thus this pop up stats box obstructs my view .

Then you have to take into account the terrain moving costs ,
so if you have already positioned your unit onto a rock the turn before , then the units turn comes around again full cycle
your already positioned .
Thus when move cursor onto a enemy unit and this stats box overlaps your unit due to close proximity
But the terrain costs might move you off the rock
but you have know way of knowing if the red indicator arrow under your unit is displayed due to the overlapping stats box .
This is exactly what has happened and thus my grievance with it .

Snazzle

Private
Its plain and obvious to me , this stats pop up box for enemy units needs to moved to the left bottom corner above the icons for surrender flag and current unit icon box etc etc .
This area is unused and is has no hex battlefield on it , it is empty space that would better suit this stats box .
Thus you always have a clear view point of the battlefield , regardless of the info of shaded areas for movement .
Your units should never be obstructed by this enemy stats box and thus always able to see the red indicator .
Having a clear view point of the battle field at all times , this information should be at the edges of screen not in the middle or directly next to the enemy unit .
It is that simple .

Last edited: