• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Starting an alliance

DeletedUser

I am thinking of starting an alliance, but such a thing cannot be done alone. Therefore, I am looking for others who would like to work together for mutual protection and assistance.

Both members, and officers are needed.

Alliance will be semi-democratic (basically: democratic, unless the situation demands swift decisions, then there will be a council style decisionmaking process with accountability afterwards).

Get in touch if you'd like to be part of this (pm or ingame).

A little resume:
- in another game, I am a clan leader and have been so for the last 1600 days (official counter of the game)
- Before that, in the same game, I was the head of the largest alliance around, with 250+ members
- in yet another game, nation building, I've been a Council member several times

My objective is to facilitate cooperation, while staying in the background as much as possible. My job is to safeguard certain principles and a fair way of dealing with members. I believe in delegating as much as possible to capable people, because joint effort yields best results.

DeletedUser

I'm not saying it's entirely useless, but the developers haven't said anything about Alliances/Guilds/Clans yet. There have been a few threads about it already.

DeletedUser

No matter what the developers provide, we can still organize ourselves and benefit from it :)

Drama-Queen

Corporal
To my understanding, so far, you can only work within your group.. so it depends on how many active members you have..

DeletedUser653

To my understanding, so far, you can only work within your group.. so it depends on how many active members you have..

100% correct. Alliances such as we have in nation building or TW are not required and since you cannot kill of another player they are pretty useless. your alliance could attack me every 5 mins for 3 days and all you would do is keep losing troops and maybe plunder a few buildings if the timings right, but remember to attack me every 5 mins you would need 284 members and in any group other than the famous Brisgard group 12 this is impossible.

Glen, try having a good think about how you would benefit from setting up an alliance and post that before trying to set one up. If the logic is good you never know you might get an 18 month ex TW tribe leader agreeing with you.

Drama-Queen

Corporal
Just contact few people around you in your group and work together helping each other.. talk to each other; see who has access to what resources, decide who should be producing what so that you don't have to all make all products...
You get my drift..

DeletedUser

Just contact few people around you in your group and work together helping each other.. talk to each other; see who has access to what resources, decide who should be producing what so that you don't have to all make all products...
You get my drift..

This was indeed one of my ideas ;)

DeletedUser

The guild will be starting soon, with a number of people who've already expressed interest to join.