• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stalled, stuck and getting tired of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1862

I'm totally stalled. Again! The unlocking price of some technologies is unrealistically high, and asking for materials that no one seems to have. I am grinding away, making stone without the natural resource and it seems that no one in my group has any to trade for love nor money! The fact that they all seem stuck at various levels, lacking access to materials is no doubt contributing to that. Trade in my group is almost nonexistent most of the time.

I can't progress my technologies without that one single resource. (others have been problematic as well) I can't make an army to take over any additional province because, I'm stuck at a lower technology for military. I can't negotiate because, I can't get the more advanced materials requested. (again because I can't move my tech past the blockade of a ridiculous requirement to unlock.) Once I start to move forward, it is halted again, by the ridiculous cost to build the buildings.

I'm feeling very frustrated, getting bored and less inclined to let my husband buy me some diamonds for my upcoming birthday. I have up to now been very pleased with the games pace and reliability, but progress grinding to a painful halt is bringing down the whole group.

I'm not techno-savvy, but it seems that the unlocking and building prices could use some adjustment, and that trade could be re-worked rather significantly. Soon.:confused:

DeletedUser1862

I forgot to add that I end up with days going by that I cannot use my meager supply of forge points.

DeletedUser

I am begining to find the same thing, i have hit an area that is asking for stuff that i cant get hold of. No one is prepared to be reasonable with the trading. I am assuming Once the trading problem is sorted then it should be ok again and we should be able to get some reasonable trades again.

DeletedUser

and that trade could be re-worked rather significantly. Soon.:confused:
It has been posted by the mods and devs in numerous threads that trade is being reworked. Coding takes time, especially since they're making significant changes to the trading feature. Patience is unfortunately required in regards to trade.

As for the costs to unlock techs, I don't remember seeing anything indicating a change on that, so I'll leave that portion of your post for someone else to address.

DeletedUser

I'm totally stalled. Again! The unlocking price of some technologies is unrealistically high, and asking for materials that no one seems to have. I am grinding away, making stone without the natural resource and it seems that no one in my group has any to trade for love nor money! The fact that they all seem stuck at various levels, lacking access to materials is no doubt contributing to that. Trade in my group is almost nonexistent most of the time.
I'm feeling very frustrated, getting bored and less inclined . I have up to now been very pleased with the games pace and reliability, but progress grinding to a painful halt is bringing down the whole group.
I'm not techno-savvy, but it seems that the unlocking and building prices could use some adjustment, and that trade could be re-worked rather significantly. Soon.:confused:

I too was at this point. Yes trading is not even close to good but it adds a dynamic too the game that makes it interesting and fustrating all in the same breath. Did I continue? yes and i am glad i did. I personally like the game. Plan and rework your city to fit what you need and for what lies ahead. The old saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" holds true and it most certainly applies to Forge of Empires and also to your own empire within the game. It's just gonna take a little time. It seems that in todays society of "I want it all and I want it now" patience has become a thing of the past. I hope you and other players can see the potential here and don't give up, it is going to get better.:)

DeletedUser1081

and Mamacat, you can take on a lot of those continental armies with just slingers and spears - the battle arrays look intimidating, but you're way smarter than the AI running the opponents, and as long as you have some range units, you can do it! Archers are brilliant when you can get them, but slingers and spears will do the job. It's worth conquering those areas to get more resources and/or expansions.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty much stuck on one resource as well. I'm gonna need 40 gold pretty soon, but no-one in my groups seems to have a deposit and there are also no merchants for this resource (why?). This will require me to produce gold at a pace of 4 per day (at most), so it'll take almost two weeks to get enough gold to unlock the tech.

DeletedUser1862

I too was at this point. Yes trading is not even close to good but it adds a dynamic too the game that makes it interesting and fustrating all in the same breath. Did I continue? yes and i am glad i did. I personally like the game. Plan and rework your city to fit what you need and for what lies ahead. The old saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" holds true and it most certainly applies to Forge of Empires and also to your own empire within the game. It's just gonna take a little time. It seems that in todays society of "I want it all and I want it now" patience has become a thing of the past. I hope you and other players can see the potential here and don't give up, it is going to get better.:)

I'm old and slow. I think I know about patience. I don't "want it now" I just want to keep moving forward at some point in the space of a week. I just finished checking my entire neighborhood. All 80 villages. Tell me more about patience. I will be doing some infor gathering, and post my findings later.

I know this is beta, that's why I added to the comments, to point out the problems I am having, not to whine that I want it all right now. As I said, I'm very pleased with the game so far. I find it interesting and relaxing as opposed to a different game that I was playing and just got fed up with because they never fixed anything without messing up 10 other issues, and was getting dropped all the time and finally couldn't connect at all after the last patch went in. My husband got tired of hearing me swear at the computer, and found me this one. I like it a lot better.

DeletedUser1862

and Mamacat, you can take on a lot of those continental armies with just slingers and spears - the battle arrays look intimidating, but you're way smarter than the AI running the opponents, and as long as you have some range units, you can do it! Archers are brilliant when you can get them, but slingers and spears will do the job. It's worth conquering those areas to get more resources and/or expansions.

I definitely have not found that to be the case. I have been wiped out several times and at the rate it takes to replace the units, I'm not inclined to try very often. Of course, I have not found that the battle mode is easy for me to work with. I'm just not used to moving units in turns. I'm used to directing all groupings, movement and targeting in a way this game doesn't begin to offer. It's a mind set, I can't quite grasp. So, I tend to let the computer work the battles. I guess, I'm not smarter than the AI when it comes to handling a battle this way.

I have been waiting to develop the same period units to at least have a chance. But, again, with the time cost to make them, I'm hesitant to use them for more than top line defense.

DeletedUser

I am running into the same problem and a quick scan at the next few techs shows it is not about to get any better. It is actually tempting me to buy some cheats or bribes, them shiny stones that are valuable for some reason ;)

Trading seems to be the answer to it in the long run, but I second that lowering the cost may help in the short run, or giving away more goods. I did hit one spat of quests that gave away a few and that helped a lot.

As to battles. I had been going slow at first there. But suddenly I was able to take out a few quickly, just after I built 4 archers as it happens. But now I am a bit slowed again. This seems normal and OK to me, as long as it keeps cycling and I do not get stuck for too long. Taking out 6 long and 2 lights is a challenge that I can appreciate. Finding 4 granite, then 20 honey then, then, then ... is not.

This seems a balance issue thought, mostly. For me personally, I would buy diamonds at 2 for 1 the current price as long as the game is in Beta. Feel free to raise it again for launch. I compare this to TW where $5 or $6 a month was all that is needed. I don't want to pay much more for this.

DeletedUser

if you are needing alot of one goods and dont have a deposit for it,it is usually best to build two or even three of the goods buildings,you can also plan ahead for what you need since you can see the requirements for every tech if you hover over then no entry sign next to it

DeletedUser

Diamonds already give too much of advantage and lowering their price would make things worse.
As for fighting - ive finished conquering all provinces that game has to offer now and having 2xshort range, 1xlong range, 1xspear type (not a must but convenient sometimes) is enough to win all the battles.
For lack of resources - best thing right now is to plan ahead, delete mines of resources that you have enough and build what you will be needing. You produce much slower but if you plan well ahead then you wont get stuck. For example i'm at a middle of HMA and producing things that i'll be needed at LMA (~120 of each).

DeletedUser

Seems to me - though I'm a newbie - that the basic problem is not enough active players on a continent. Of my 80, 4 trade, around 8 are making some progress, around 36 have no points at all, and most of the rest seem to have given up the game at a very early stage. If all 80 were active, then trade would begin to flow much more easily, and we could all make mutual progress. I think innogames has to address this issue, and sack inactives, real soon fast after they go red. It's not like Tribal Wars, where inactives don't matter much because they don't hold active players up. This game requires participation from everyone else to make for a good experience for all.

Just my tuppenny ha'penny worth.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Incidentally, though I don't normally answer my own posts, I ought to say that I support the trade concept overall, and would even like to see it more complex. It adds a wrinkle to the game that makes for a strategic thinking dimension that would be missing if it were simply a matter of supplies and gold to advance along the tech-tree. It also - as it stands - tends to be an equalising option. The top player can't advance too far beyond his contemporaries because he just won't be able to produce the necessary trade goods all on his own. I like that. Otherwise the game would be just too easy, and lose a lot of it's attraction. So, let's keep that feature, and extend it to the production of buildings and troops, with the proviso that inactive players get sacked as soon as they show their lack of interest.

Cheers all, 2RM.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm old and slow. I think I know about patience. I don't "want it now" I just want to keep moving forward at some point in the space of a week. I just finished checking my entire neighborhood. All 80 villages. Tell me more about patience. I will be doing some infor gathering, and post my findings later.

I know this is beta, that's why I added to the comments, to point out the problems I am having, not to whine that I want it all right now. As I said, I'm very pleased with the game so far. I find it interesting and relaxing as opposed to a different game that I was playing and just got fed up with because they never fixed anything without messing up 10 other issues, and was getting dropped all the time and finally couldn't connect at all after the last patch went in. My husband got tired of hearing me swear at the computer, and found me this one. I like it a lot better.

Sorry. I was not singling you out for not having patience i was just making a statement in general on todays society.

DeletedUser

I've been stuck and/or stalled loads of times, but there's always a way round them

Whether it's building two of one type of resource building to increase production (2 Stone Masons, for example, when I needed Stone), or selling a type of building that wasn't needed at the time to make way for one that was, or all manner of other tactics.....

Status
Not open for further replies.