• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

St Patricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser116822

I have 3 game quests left and should be done tomorrow. So that would be about 3 days for the 1st town. Did lose a few hours at the beginning of the event.

Suttegris

Private
I love this event.

The event rewards the players who care about the game. A caring player will either have played on the beta-server, researched on youtube or asked for help in his guild. Asking for help and explaining how the event works may eventually lead to players forming friendships.

Zombies who just grind the questline as usual and click mindlessly will not get fully rewarded. I speculate that these players may be amongst the ones who skip GE and GBG too — only logging on to swap forge points on Great Buildings.

ArrolZyl

Private
Do all quests have the same answers? I am currently stuck at #10. I don't have an army as I just started out at EMA, so I am wondering if I can do Negotiations without having to waste resources that I will have to trade for.

Vesiger

Monarch
Once you collect 8.4 Q shamrocks, you can advance at any time to the next town. You can't go back; you have to start a new town, from scratch. IMHO, it is not feasible/worthwhile trying to complete all tasks in each city, as this will slow down progress (the tasks get progressively harder until they get almost impossible to complete)
I was unable to advance to the next town until I'd collected 8.4Q shamrocks after completing all the tasks in my first city...

Andrew420

Major
I was unable to advance to the next town until I'd collected 8.4Q shamrocks after completing all the tasks in my first city...
Completing all the tasks is not a prerequisite to finishing the town
In order to move to next town you need to have 8.4q shamrocks regardless or how many tasks are complete

DeletedUser118860

Perhaps it is trying to reproduce the feeling that you get when trying to read the Dublin novel "Ulysses" by James Joyce?
Well at least the novel had interesting characters to keep one entertained!

DeletedUser118860

I love this event.

The event rewards the players who care about the game. A caring player will either have played on the beta-server, researched on youtube or asked for help in his guild. Asking for help and explaining how the event works may eventually lead to players forming friendships.

Zombies who just grind the questline as usual and click mindlessly will not get fully rewarded. I speculate that these players may be amongst the ones who skip GE and GBG too — only logging on to swap forge points on Great Buildings.
Well I beg to differ. I play all the events, GB and GE but have got stuck on this one. I've read everything on the Forum and have tried different tactics and still just have a ship going up and down on my first town. I've managed to get through all the other events so I don't think it is just me.

DeletedUser116792

Well I beg to differ. I play all the events, GB and GE but have got stuck on this one. I've read everything on the Forum and have tried different tactics and still just have a ship going up and down on my first town. I've managed to get through all the other events so I don't think it is just me.
I agree with Suttegris. The Events were beginning to get boring with the same sets of quests each time. To be fair the Buildings offered as rewards made them worthwhile doing. This event is much more interesting and demands a bit of thought about how you play. FOEhints on youtube was very helpful. He reckons you need to do 4 complete towns and part of the 5th to get all the Celtic Forest selection kits. The key is to only use gold pots when tasks demand them and not be tempted into speeding up production just because things are not moving very fast. That is unless you are prepared to spend diamonds to get to the final prize.Try to combine similar tasks like 200 upgrades of any factory and 50 upgrades of a specific factory. Don't bother upgrading until you can reach the next level which really speeds up production (50/100 etc). Buy 6 chests for 1900 gold pots at the end of each town and no more. I did the first town in 3 days and am roughly 2 days away from completing the next.

Rommel13

Private
Simply arefull....
If this is the way that they try to make players more involved and to play more you really messed up, cose there are a bunch of us who have preatty limited time playing and events like this will set us back, so finally we will just quit, because we cannot keep it up anymore....

DeletedUser111095

It sounds like the best idea is to conserve your gold till the last city, with the best upgrades.
I haven't got to the last city yet - are there a limited number of cities and do the upgrades get better with each city?

DeletedUser118106

INNO, you have made some COLLOSSAL fups in recent times but the ST Patricks day event is the worst of them all. Not only is it impossible to follow, the rewards suck. I deleted my city on Monday but came back due to peer pressure. However, I'm not even going to attempt this event and you're not going to get a ****ing cent from me for diamonds or gold or whatever. And I certainly hope future events are less stupid. I get what you're trying to do; confuse people in the hope they'll spend money. That would work if a) they knew spending money would further their cause and b) furthering their cause would be worth it in any way, neither of which is the case. My patience ran out with you on Monday (and I've spent thousands on FOE in the last 3 years) and if you pull this bullcrap again I'll be gone for good. What used to be a money making enterprise on your behalf, which benefited players with a fun experience has become nothing more than a corporate grab for extreme profit, SHAME ON YOU!!!

DeletedUser653

Istvan, that post just shows you have no idea about the event and are just spouting about your own lack of knowledge.
If you had posted saying simular things but having a full understanding of the game I would respect your opinion, but alas i do not respect just complaints becuase you do not know how to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.