• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

St. Patrick's Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The St. Patrick's event will begin on February 25th. Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!

P.Pixie

Corporal
Oh Lord the most boring event ever is back it is by far the most tedious of all events and there should be an opt out option so you don't have to see the daily quests and have that St.Paddys Day thing at the top of your city. I will give this a miss thanks.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Only thing worth anything in this event is the surprise box for the next one (and that's looking debatable)

Might be a fluke but it actually does run on St Patrick's day this year or maybe that's why it started a day later.

I just built all the things last year out of boredom
Screenshot_20210311-084431_Forge of Empires.jpg

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Well I like this event.
Once you get your city automated and running you only need to spend minimal time checking in.
And whatever you think about the prizes and rewards, I'd rather have them than not, and for hardly any effort.

vikingraider

Emperor
Wasn't this event started early? I seem to recall it was and I'd made progress. We were told our progress and rewards would be held over. I dont think I see this

pharl

Corporal
I find the St.P event miles better than other events. The reason is you have to think to get the best out of it, rather than just click on lilly pads or move footballers up the pitch towards end goal, or even spin a wheel. More game play in events like St.P would be terrific - it's like settlements where you're forced to think about the best way through instead of just click and go.

QueenNicky

Private
Only thing worth anything in this event is the surprise box for the next one (and that's looking debatable)

Might be a fluke but it actually does run on St Patrick's day this year or maybe that's why it started a day later.

I just built all the things last year out of boredomView attachment 24204
I find the St.P event miles better than other events. The reason is you have to think to get the best out of it, rather than just click on lilly pads or move footballers up the pitch towards end goal, or even spin a wheel. More game play in events like St.P would be terrific - it's like settlements where you're forced to think about the best way through instead of just click and go.
As a new player I have no freaking idea what is going on with this event. I just clicked those buttons until I ran out of gold and I don't know how to get more. The big prize seems good if you have the space to put that village but I still haven't worked out how to upgrade the Fiore village I got in the football event. It wants 15000 supplies to start off with to get 100 gold and I do not know if I would have a chance of winning the village, that is a lot of supply points for a new player to give up.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
As a new player I have no freaking idea what is going on with this event. I just clicked those buttons until I ran out of gold and I don't know how to get more. The big prize seems good if you have the space to put that village but I still haven't worked out how to upgrade the Fiore village I got in the football event. It wants 15000 supplies to start off with to get 100 gold and I do not know if I would have a chance of winning the village, that is a lot of supply points for a new player to give up.

The trouble you will encounter if you don't at least get far enough into the quests (They're how you gain extra gold but you can't just spend how you want) you won't recieve the event surprise box for the next event, they usually contain an extra upgrade for the next event and you're potentially reliant on winning that if you want to try and get the next events building to max. Most events these days you require that box on each event as a continuous ongoing requirement. They are sometimes achievable without but not always.

Nobody can say if you'll be able to complete the building this time (especially if you don't have the box from the previous event) but there are some good hints etc on some of the YouTube videos that'll help you maximize your potential.

By far my favourite mini-game of them all. Not as mindless as Forge Bowl etc, where you just randomly click on random players till you run out of game currency, and not as random as Halloween etc, where you've no idea which prizes hide beneath each block (if any). Here you can actually control the outcome by not spending too much gold on certain managers, and the prize building itself isn't too shabby either.

Le Blues

Private
I find the upgrades to buildings quite ridiculous. The jump to next levels becomes just plain stupid. And why the trillions and the quadrillions? It's the second day and already I have lost interest. I have no intention to sit here and wait for the total to reach the next couple of quadrillions just to upgrade a building by 0.2 points.

Then there's the "Defeat this medium-sized army" to get a 100 pots of gold. You go into battle, WIN the battle, you may have two or three units left, all of them with damage, and then you're confronted with a "Second wave", and no option to choose new units. Fat chance of defeating that "medium-sized" army. I'm done with St Patrick's Day. It seems like an Irish joke on us.

Last edited:

QueenNicky

Private
I find the upgrades to buildings quite ridiculous. The jump to next levels becomes just plain stupid. And why the trillions and the quadrillions? It's the second day and already I have lost interest. I have no intention to sit here and wait for the total to reach the next couple of quadrillions just to upgrade a building by 0.2 points.

Then there's the "Defeat this medium-sized army" to get a 100 pots of gold. You go into battle, WIN the battle, you may have two or three units left, all of them with damage, and then you're confronted with a "Second wave", and no option to choose new units. Fat chance of defeating that "medium-sized" army. I'm done with St Patrick's Day. It seems like an Irish joke on us.

The St Patrick's game seems very odd, I can't work it out. It looks like it will be very hard to achieve that village prize. I haven't had 18000 supply points to start it off yet.
And I have noticed that defeat this army and then second wave army thing happen in other parts of the game. Why wouldn't you get more troops? You'll just lose otherwise and for no gain at all.

Knight of ICE

People this is a feedback thread. Not a thread to start a discussion about the event, about how to play the event, or to ask help with the quests. If you need help, or want to ask questions, start a thread in the Café Counter.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Can we please get more accurate numbers?
12Q.png

I assume this is due to rounding and my 12Q is below the required 12Q - but there was no way to find out the actual numbers, pointing at the text only told me what was required (which was not helpful at all). So I just had to wait a few minutes until eventually I reached the required number.

DeeJayh

Private
Playing in 5 cities can get a little confusing with this event. I thought I was still waiting to go to next level with one city and was missing gold, it turned out I had levelled up already. It would be really useful if there was an indicator on the screen indicating which town was current; 1. 2 or 3. I do enjoy this event as it requires a bit more thought than other events

Andrew420

Major
It would be really useful if there was an indicator on the screen indicating which town was current; 1. 2 or 3.
Its not an indicator but there is a St Pats event achievement badge called over the rainbow
That wont tell what town(1,2,3) you are on but does tell how many towns you have completed

DeeJayh

Private
Its not an indicator but there is a St Pats event achievement badge called over the rainbow
That wont tell what town(1,2,3) you are on but does tell how many towns you have completed
That's fine if it's your first year of playing but I don't remember how many towns I completed in previous years.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Loved this event, just as much as in previous years it's one of my favourites!
Managed to finish 13.5 festival towns this year + cleared 19 grand prizes - a new personal best!:D

Please don't ever change the format of this event, it's such a massive & refreshing change from the other mini game formats.
Only real change I could see would be to change around the task reward item pool a bit... perhaps add in a smaller time instant, Obs bp, etc... as possible rewards?