• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Shad23

Emperor
I seem to remember when you could pick up 2 or 3 blueprints every day from aiding. Now it's more like 2 or 3 a week.
sory am off topic and it's probobly a useless comment but i didn't notice any change for amount of BP's from aiding but that probably cause i don't aid very often it hurts my wrist to much clicking lol

DeletedUser110327

All you are is a fake prophet.

I'm not sure what I said to deserve that. I don't mean to be arrogant or anything. I don't come around here very often and don't push my conversations anywhere. Something revolutionary happened in the game. I had nothing to do with it.

How you solve a complex jigsaw is to dump all the pieces in a jumbled mess on the table, turn all the pieces right side up, separate the straight edges and the corners, and then piece it together until you see the big picture. When you eventually see the picture, it all seems to fit into place and come together.

What we did here in this thread was dump all the pieces on the table and gradually through team work, piece it together until we saw the big picture. That initial mess of information wasn't misinformation, I think it was just all the pieces which needed sorting through and put in place. I also think people are now getting to grips with the event and getting somewhere with it. Give it time.

Agent327

Overlord
I'm not sure what I said to deserve that. I don't mean to be arrogant or anything. I don't come around here very often and don't push my conversations anywhere. Something revolutionary happened in the game. I had nothing to do with it.

Sure. And you advocate if it was the best thing ever and all people need to do is use their brain, where you just use your wallet.

How you solve a complex jigsaw is to dump all the pieces in a jumbled mess on the table, turn all the pieces right side up, separate the straight edges and the corners, and then piece it together until you see the big picture. When you eventually see the picture, it all seems to fit into place and come together.

Except for your jigsaw. You pay someone else to do it.

What we did here in this thread was dump all the pieces on the table and gradually through team work, piece it together until we saw the big picture. That initial mess of information wasn't misinformation, I think it was just all the pieces which needed sorting through and put in place. I also think people are now getting to grips with the event and getting somewhere with it. Give it time.

What WE did??

Players come here to figure out how in a free game you can reach the main prize in the event for free. All you do is mislead them with your theories on how to do it, cause you are buying diamonds. You are in no way part of the WE George.

Roc8

Corporal
Thank you for a completely useless and time consuming event with a prize not even worth the effort.

Lady Rowena

Private
Is there any way to turn off the music in the St. Patrick's Day event? I use my computer to listen to music or audiobooks, & the event's music is so repetitive I can't stand it, & can't use sound on the computer at all.

Is there any way to turn off the music in the St. Patrick's Day event? I use my computer to listen to music or audiobooks, & the event's music is so repetitive I can't stand it, & can't use sound on the computer at all.
Just turn sound and music off for the whole game. Bottom left corner of the screen next to "settings".

DeletedUser12400

Thank you for a completely useless and time consuming event with a prize not even worth the effort.
If it's completely useless and time consuming then why do you participate in first place? I've checked your city and you have enough space for those useless prizes.

1583121826466.png

DeletedUser110327

Players come here to figure out how in a free game you can reach the main prize in the event for free. All you do is mislead them with your theories on how to do it, cause you are buying diamonds.

You're right. My apologies.

dorocill

Corporal
Yes, it’s possible to get all upgrades without diamonds with pots from incidents if you made a mistake or a bad start. I would get them by 4 boxes, 8 cities & 1 last kit from grand prize in 9th, also will have a few pots to spare. Not saying that the reward is fabulous but the challenge is interesting.

DeletedUser110866

I worked out 2 days ago that it is not possible to complete the games if you follow the expected path of completing all the tasks for each city. There are simply not enough pots of gold from the quests.
Did anyone actually test this event before hand? It does not look like it. I would rate this as the worst event I have done with FoE. Its so bad its in a league of its own.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I worked out 2 days ago that it is not possible to complete the games if you follow the expected path of completing all the tasks for each city. There are simply not enough pots of gold from the quests.
Did anyone actually test this event before hand? It does not look like it. I would rate this as the worst event I have done with FoE. Its so bad its in a league of its own.
There is nothing that is remotely close to the raging dumpster fire that was last year's Carnival crapfest...

At least this event is fully playable, AND, at the very least a full Lv1 set is pretty easy to come across, which will still produce well beyond a single TF's daily capability.
On the other hand, last year's Carnival fiasco was so beyond heinously awful, you had a goodly number of players who where in dead/near to dead 'hoods making it outright impossible to garner decent amounts of event currency, an RNG system that was beyond screwed up (as in, it was so blazingly bad, players went the entire event without winning a single daily special!), and a league system just to complete the epic troll-fest!
Oh, and the grand prize Piazza set building was just a worse in every way reskin of the Cherry Garden set, because, 'screw the players' seemed to be that event's running theme! :P

While I probably won't make it to a full Lv2 set this time, I'll only end up 2 upgrades short, and have a grand prize that's leagues beyond even a pair of TF's. :D

DeletedUser110866

There is nothing that is remotely close to the raging dumpster fire that was last year's Carnival crapfest...

At least this event is fully playable, AND, at the very least a full Lv1 set is pretty easy to come across, which will still produce well beyond a single TF's daily capability.
On the other hand, last year's Carnival fiasco was so beyond heinously awful, you had a goodly number of players who where in dead/near to dead 'hoods making it outright impossible to garner decent amounts of event currency, an RNG system that was beyond screwed up (as in, it was so blazingly bad, players went the entire event without winning a single daily special!), and a league system just to complete the epic troll-fest!
Oh, and the grand prize Piazza set building was just a worse in every way reskin of the Cherry Garden set, because, 'screw the players' seemed to be that event's running theme! :P

While I probably won't make it to a full Lv2 set this time, I'll only end up 2 upgrades short, and have a grand prize that's leagues beyond even a pair of TF's. :D
I was not playing in the events you mentioned.
However I would like to specify specific points that show lack of testing:
1. I have been credited with fewer "completed" tasks than I have actually finished - this should not happen
2. I was stuck for days with 3 simultaneous manager upgrade tasks because of inadequate supply of pots of gold to actually upgrade them.
3. If you find yourself at the chest screen when moving to a new city to buy all 6 chests with insufficient pots of gold to buy them, you only have the options of moving to the new city or spending diamonds, you do not have any option to either wait until you have sufficient pots of gold or returning to the previous city.
4. Due to 2 above I am now stuck again with a task to upgrade 250 times, 86 done, cheapest upgrade being 1.7Q making the probability of generating sufficient shamrocks to complete this task before the end of event highly unlikely (4th city). But that's OK I suppose because there is no way that I can get enough pots of gold to actually move to the 5th city given the remaining pots of gold.
5. There should be enough pots of gold to get the 5th city if you follow the expected path of completing all the tasks before moving to the next city. (5th city being the point at which yo get the 7 upgrades which is required to complete the event)

Overall comment: given the time spent doing this event: the rewards are poor. It would have been better to make the 25 task rewards 20 or or fewer.

DeletedUser12400

If you think there was an issue then you should submit a ticket in game (right click anywhere, select "Contact Support") so they can investigate it and actually there is by pass instead of clicking continue button simply refresh the game;)

DeletedUser110866

If you think there was an issue then you should submit a ticket in game (right click anywhere, select "Contact Support") so they can investigate it and actually there is by pass instead of clicking continue button simply refresh the game;)
1. I did open a ticket, that is how I know I have been credited with fewer tasks than I completed.
2. refreshing the game is an ugly work around and that may not work anyway.

DeletedUser12400

2. refreshing the game is an ugly work around and that may not work anyway.
Thanks to this work around in two worlds I collected wishing well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110866

A lot of people are comparing the set from this event with Terrace farms. Is such a comparison fair or even relevant when you consider:
1. It requires more road frontage than a TF so greater space requirement (I assume the comparison is based on space requirement)
2. TF only takes one store building to remove. This event is not as bad but is approaching the ridiculous number to remove winter village set.
3. TF is a fairly frequent reward from a weekly event (GE). This is at best a yearly reward.
4. The assumption that TF is a good building. I only ever put 1 down, I realised there were much better options for the space.

the whole family did not enjoy this event...we work so hard to get items we want...not the crap you gave us...keep it up and we will all say good byre to forge

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I was not playing in the events you mentioned.
However I would like to specify specific points that show lack of testing:
1. I have been credited with fewer "completed" tasks than I have actually finished - this should not happen
Then open a ticket to support so they can check and see if indeed the game screwed you over.

2. I was stuck for days with 3 simultaneous manager upgrade tasks because of inadequate supply of pots of gold to actually upgrade them.
Obviously you've badly mismanaged your pots of gold, which would simply be a case of poor/inefficient game play on your part, and not a badly designed/flawed event problem.

3. If you find yourself at the chest screen when moving to a new city to buy all 6 chests with insufficient pots of gold to buy them, you only have the options of moving to the new city or spending diamonds, you do not have any option to either wait until you have sufficient pots of gold or returning to the previous city.
Or better yet, don't open anything more than the 1 'free' chest before moving on to a new city?!

4. Due to 2 above I am now stuck again with a task to upgrade 250 times, 86 done, cheapest upgrade being 1.7Q making the probability of generating sufficient shamrocks to complete this task before the end of event highly unlikely (4th city). But that's OK I suppose because there is no way that I can get enough pots of gold to actually move to the 5th city given the remaining pots of gold.
Or, just maaaaaaaybe, you're playing things really, really badly and should instead just move on to a new town vs. waiting out to finish the last 2-4 tasks that are more or less designed to simply slow you down to a backwards crawl?!

5. There should be enough pots of gold to get the 5th city if you follow the expected path of completing all the tasks before moving to the next city. (5th city being the point at which yo get the 7 upgrades which is required to complete the event)
If there's so obviously, "not enough pots to get the 5th city", then why am I already about to finish my 8th city with 0 diamonds spent!?

Perhaps your choices while playing through your first 4 cities have been bad?
I know of some players who will complete 10 or even 11 cities with spending a single diamond - it's very doable, mostly by having a solid plan that focuses on quickly leveling up the Ship + Festival Lv's, and only doing the tasks that won't take for fething ever or cost a stupid number of pots!

Overall comment: given the time spent doing this event: the rewards are poor. It would have been better to make the 25 task rewards 20 or or fewer.
I've managed 11 grand prizes so far, and am sitting at 12/25 tasks on the 12th. I might *just* be able to squeeze out the 13th before the event end as well.
Again, I know of some players who, without diamonds, will reach the 14th or 15th grand prizes. (or even perhaps be able to re-set the whole cycle and start at the 1st one again!)
There is nothing wrong with the number of tasks required, just some players who managed to quickly work out how to more efficiently make use of the event's mechanics.

The subsidiary prizes, just like basically every other event, are mostly ho-hum, that's nothing new or problematic. (at the absolute worst you've got some free fodder for the AD!)
The 'grand prizes' are the same as they've basically always been, though the medals pack was a real stinker for sure.

The event's main prize, is perhaps not quite OT or Crow's Nest amazaballs levels of awesomesauce, but it's still a very, very powerful set which can happily take the place of the more and more awful-by-the-day terrace farm.

DeletedUser12400

the whole family did not enjoy this event...we work so hard to get items we want...not the crap you gave us...keep it up and we will all say good byre to forge
Goodbye guys! (I'm actually tired to see these type of message - these people never actually go away.)

Overall it's 4 out 15 poor prizes in my view.
1583673846026.png

Last edited by a moderator: