• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
Advise is a verb, I would advise you to take note. Advice is the noun, we give advice. No one here needs to be introduced to Agent, he owns the company and thinks that gives him the right to act as if he owns the company.

Great response George. You do know it is against the rules to attack someone on spelling? Not that I care. I seriously doubt you are capable of saying anything in my language.

Thanks for taking the time to explain about the Max button, which isn't greyed out if you have enough for the +1, or + 5 or +11 or +19 or +48 and that's where the confusion lies. If you can't max out, it should be greyed out. The +1s are totally not necessary as you can +1 in the normal window. Too many brains here, they think too hard sometimes.

I did not explain anything George. I just copied the announcement that you could have read yourself. If you think it does not function as it should, just file in a bug report. You do know how to do that?

Agent327

Overlord
Let's see now, it's only early days and I already have a Champ's Retreat, a Reno kit, 2 Celtic forest selection kits, and a Fawn forest, Next up is a Sentinal Tower and I should have that shortly, then a wishing well, then another Celtic Forest Selection kit. Perhaps if folks spent time learning the event rather than complaining they might find that this event is actually excellent. By the way, after reading millions of posts on thousands of forums, it seems to me that all the bitching is done by same infinitesimally tiny minority who just seem to like to bitch no matter what comes their way.

You are like a kid in a candystore George. Totally happy with any sweets you can get. Players that complain are not interested in your smaller sweets. They want to be able to go for the main prize. The set on level 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111428

While I admire that Innogames tried a completely new approach with this Event, it fails miserably; a quick peek at this Forum (or, better yet, at the Beta Forum) will show you that the majority of players simply despise this Event for various reasons and that no major changes has been made for this Event, regardless of all the "negative press"...

But my biggest problem with this Event is that, like pretty much all the recent Events, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Forge of Empires! This game should be about successfully building your "Empire" (well, your city actually...) through the ages...not about collecting Shamrocks and Pots of Gold!

Even though the addition of Cultural Settlements added an element that is closely tied to the essence of the game, pretty much all the Events made available over the past 2 years simply have nothing to do with the idea of growing an Empire! Baking pies and cakes (Fall Event), having origami figures jump around (Sprint Event), playing American Football to have Touchdowns (Forge Bowl)...since when those kind of Events can be considered a logic element of this game? I want to build an Empire, fight, conquer and progress through victories...not through baking recipes!

Over a year ago, Innogames quietly "killed" the Historical Events...too bad, because those Events were really appreciated by several players out there AND were aligned with the nature of the game! Of course, Innogames removed them because those were not profitable for them, where Events (on a monthly basis may I add!) are more aligned with the business goals of the company ;)

I still enjoy playing Forge of Empires...but much less than when I started nearly 3 years ago; I have stopped purchasing Diamonds because I disagree with the purpose of those Events and the value that the game provides me is right now much lower that it was even a year ago...

One solution that Innogames should consider is this: replace ALL the current Events with Events ALIGNED to historical figures (trust me...there are so many of them that Innogames would not run short of ideas anytime soon lol). I am sure that they could come up with original ideas to align the content of an Event's UI with the historical character/Era, with original Event Prizes and they would still be able to make lots of profit from those Events...

I don't know about you, but I would choose anytime an Event associated to Alexander the Great...rather than something that contains Shamrocks, Pots of Gold and minigame nonsense...how about you? ;)

Agent327

Overlord
While I admire that Innogames tried a completely new approach with this Event, it fails miserably; a quick peek at this Forum (or, better yet, at the Beta Forum) will show you that the majority of players simply despise this Event for various reasons and that no major changes has been made for this Event, regardless of all the "negative press"...

But my biggest problem with this Event is that, like pretty much all the recent Events, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Forge of Empires! This game should be about successfully building your "Empire" (well, your city actually...) through the ages...not about collecting Shamrocks and Pots of Gold!

Even though the addition of Cultural Settlements added an element that is closely tied to the essence of the game, pretty much all the Events made available over the past 2 years simply have nothing to do with the idea of growing an Empire! Baking pies and cakes (Fall Event), having origami figures jump around (Sprint Event), playing American Football to have Touchdowns (Forge Bowl)...since when those kind of Events can be considered a logic element of this game? I want to build an Empire, fight, conquer and progress through victories...not through baking recipes!

Over a year ago, Innogames quietly "killed" the Historical Events...too bad, because those Events were really appreciated by several players out there AND were aligned with the nature of the game! Of course, Innogames removed them because those were not profitable for them, where Events (on a monthly basis may I add!) are more aligned with the business goals of the company ;)

I still enjoy playing Forge of Empires...but much less than when I started nearly 3 years ago; I have stopped purchasing Diamonds because I disagree with the purpose of those Events and the value that the game provides me is right now much lower that it was even a year ago...

One solution that Innogames should consider is this: replace ALL the current Events with Events ALIGNED to historical figures (trust me...there are so many of them that Innogames would not run short of ideas anytime soon lol). I am sure that they could come up with original ideas to align the content of an Event's UI with the historical character/Era, with original Event Prizes and they would still be able to make lots of profit from those Events...

I don't know about you, but I would choose anytime an Event associated to Alexander the Great...rather than something that contains Shamrocks, Pots of Gold and minigame nonsense...how about you? ;)

I don't care at all. You can't build an empire when there is nothing to build. Those events are just to keep us busy in the meantime. They just really missed the ball on this one, cause it is rather childish and nothing more than a clickfest. Historical Questlines, not Events, hardly had anything to do with the game either and were historically the least to say questionable.

DeletedUser6065

Guys - here was your clue:
'The Holy Father has seen fit to give you another chance after your shameful behaviour at Carnival last year '
This was the introductory announcement as posted on Wiki to this event.
Last years Carnival Event was trashed on Beta and here on EN.
. . . and they want to do it again?
I remember the best feedback comment I read of all
One Forger wrote: Please don't bring back another event like this - ever.
. . . mk

I really like autoclickers which this event pretty much is. So much so that I can't play them as I would just sit with them all day. But this has to be the first autoclicker that punishes me for being efficient in upgrading all buildings along with my increasing income. Namely the "upgrade x amount of buildings" tasks. Had I not heard of this beforehand I would have been in serious trouble when it comes to fully completing the event buildings. Skill challenges are something I welcome fully but this was more of a trap or a punishment than it was a challenge.

DeletedUser105522

Not sure what INNO was expecting here on live servers after so many negative posts on Beta...
It truly puzzles me what is in the heads of those who make the calls to release the failed content...
I understand that INNO invested considerable resources to develop this event and wanted some $ back for it no matter how bad it is but really? Is that what you think of us here? Your cash cows?

DeletedUser105522

A rich and successful company like INNO Games should be better in satisfying its clients.
You had your feed back on this event and It was very bad..
Just scrap the event, apologize, swallow the losses, replace the game managers and move on.
You would only win in the long run but you chose a short term income over it.
Too bad that you dont see the big picture and not thinking ahead.... not very good for your ratings also.

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't care about the rewards - my city is full of special buildings from past events and I have yet to attempt to place my Winter Train - but I'm enjoying this event a whole lot more than previous ones. Different gameplay. Actual strategy involved, where early decisions have an effect later on. No random spinning wheels or hopping along a gridiron. You have to make priority choices and balance things out.
Infinitely more enjoyable than just grinding through the same set of predictable quests for in-game currency to be hoarded until a chance comes up to gamble for the right boring reward.

Rename Tasks to Chores

1582462510113.png

DeletedUser110327

Hi folks, I have the full Celtic set already, and I expect I'll have all the upgrades too. I've also picked up a Champs Retreat, a Rogue Hideout, SoKs, a wishing well, nice new Towers, and other good things. None of these pieces came from chests, two were from the main questline and 3 were Grand prizes playing the event. No diamonds were used to open Celtic Selection kit chests. If I had done that, I would have all the upgrades by now as well.

Ignore the whiners, they're just Reevers floating around in the emptiness of space, an unfortunate side effect of the Pax Agent Orange vapours released into the atmosphere by jet aircraft which was intended to calm the population. All they know how to do is bite and gnaw and scream and whine. Let them gnaw their own bones in their dark corners by themselves and go and play what is an absolutely excellent top notch Event.
celticset.jpg

DeletedUser115770

A level 35 fireworks factory produces enough goods to get you to the next town in around 8 - 10 hours or so, got up this morning and I was ready for my next town.

I still can’t wrap my head around how you can get 8.4Q goods in 10 hours with the set up you have. I set mine up the exact way you have it in your tutorial and it takes me 24 hours to produce that. What am I missing?

DeletedUser110327

Dunno, I upped my Festival and Ferry to lvl 300. I think it was originally 250, but that wasn't sufficient. I also have both those managers upgraded to level 4 using pots of gold from the game.

Oh, yes, it's a 24 hour cycle, one new town every 24 hours, that's right!

DeletedUser110327

By the way, one new town a day = 1 Grand prize per day I'm finding, as long as you find the right balance doing the quests.

DeletedUser115770

Be careful though. I think based on my math you’re going to run out of gold pots and really struggle to do anymore towns after 10-15or so towns (depending on pots used for quests) unless you’re willing to use diamonds to purchase more.

DeletedUser110327

Thanks, never thought of that. Yes, game gold will run out at some point. I bought some diamonds this morning to support them so will probably convert some of them into pots of gold to ensure I get all the upgrades.

DeletedUser110327

Upgrading the Festival Managers to level 3 only, rather than 4, would save a lot of game gold, but I'm not sure you could build a new town every 24 hours. Might still be a good option.

DeletedUser110327

I've just started a new town. I'll keep the Festival and Ferry managers at lvl 3, see if the 24 hour cycle still works. That will save 300 pots of gold per town.

Agent327

Overlord
Hi folks, I have the full Celtic set already, and I expect I'll have all the upgrades too. I've also picked up a Champs Retreat, a Rogue Hideout, SoKs, a wishing well, nice new Towers, and other good things. None of these pieces came from chests, two were from the main questline and 3 were Grand prizes playing the event. No diamonds were used to open Celtic Selection kit chests. If I had done that, I would have all the upgrades by now as well.

Ignore the whiners, they're just Reevers floating around in the emptiness of space, an unfortunate side effect of the Pax Agent Orange vapours released into the atmosphere by jet aircraft which was intended to calm the population. All they know how to do is bite and gnaw and scream and whine. Let them gnaw their own bones in their dark corners by themselves and go and play what is an absolutely excellent top notch Event.View attachment 20712

Nice try George. By now if you have done all quests you would have two pieces from doing quests, so 3 pieces would have to come from doing tasks. That would be 175 tasks.

Problem there is that from your previous explanations on how you play that wouldn't be possible. Still I am sure Inno loves the diamonds you spend.