• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Quest line for this one was so nice and easy, I managed to crush it in record time - definitely love that!

The new system is, well, 'interesting' to say the least, but it does get boring pretty quickly...
Still, I can leave it up and running while I go and grind up some levels on my Fire Emblem: Three Houses Black Eagles play-through, and run back periodically to upgrade a bunch of buildings, etc... :)

DeletedUser110327

Here's my Tutorial. This is in one city in the Iron Age, but it works in Contemporary and Post Modern as well, same system. This is my second town and I've just set this up for collecting Shamrocks to get to my 3rd town, hopefully tomorrow morning again. No stockpiling of goods anywhere.
event tutorial.jpg

Agent327

Overlord
Here's my Tutorial. This is in one city in the Iron Age, but it works in Contemporary and Post Modern as well, same system. This is my second town and I've just set this up for collecting Shamrocks to get to my 3rd town, hopefully tomorrow morning again. No stockpiling of goods anywhere.
View attachment 20702

Is that another booboo George? Your second town and the Grand Prize is a SoK?

DeletedUser110327

Don't think so, the last Grand Prize was a Piazza selection kit. Nope, this is definitely my 2nd Town, why is a SoK surprising? Time they were upgraded anyway, they should produce a forge point without having to be motivated. Motivations are more important now than a forge point. The game has changed, SoKs, and HoFs for that matter, both need upgrading or they risk losing all value.

DeletedUser110327

Go to the next town, they are in the chests. I can do a new town every 24 hours.

DeletedUser110327

No, not at all. I needed a Champs Retreat in one city, opened 3 chests and nabbed it, then went to the next town and left the others unopened. And no, I don't do all the tasks either, just enough to get one Grand prize and perhaps 10/25 towards the next. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the Max tick box does. Can someone explain that please.

PomPoms

Sergeant
If you tick max, it will show you how many levels you can add to one of the buildings and do it in one click. Does that make sense to you?

DeletedUser118860

I was being totally serious. I love this event it's excellent, I'm almost into my 3rd Town, and I've already picked up a Champs Retreat for one city which didn't have one, and a Reno kit. It's excellent. Take the time to figure out the mechanics and you will think so too. Fireworks factory to level 35, festival building to lvl 250 and the ferry to lvl 250 does it nicely.
Well then, I am totally amazed. I enjoy a good challenge and I think FOE is great but this new event has me speechless. I'll take your word for it and continue to give it a go but I'm not holding my breath!

DeletedUser118860

Not this time. He is dead serious.
It would seem so. The answer is to be good at something and then you like it. Maybe that's my problem, I suck at it so far but okay I'll give it another go.

DeletedUser110327

I've started my 3rd city, and I love it. It's so refreshing to have something where you use your brains and think rather than just spin a wheel and hope for the best. It's really excellent.

DeletedUser110327

If you upgrade the Fireworks factory to lvl 50 and the Festival and Ferry up to lvl 300, you can stay a while longer and perhaps do a few more Grand Prize quests. The prizes in the Grand Prize quest seem to be a lot better than the chest offerings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
No, not at all. I needed a Champs Retreat in one city, opened 3 chests and nabbed it, then went to the next town and left the others unopened. And no, I don't do all the tasks either, just enough to get one Grand prize and perhaps 10/25 towards the next. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the Max tick box does. Can someone explain that please.

It really does help to read the announcement George

What does the Max checkbox do?

Using the Max button shows you the maximum number of levels (and cost) you can upgrade from the gathered Shamrocks, rather than upgrading one level at a time. If the Max checkbox is activated, but you don't have enough shamrocks for the upgrade, there will be a +1 and the cost for it, but greyed out, as you do not yet have enough shamrocks.

That is why people should not listen to any advise you give. You play the game your way. That's fine, nothing wrong with that, but you should tell people before you start giving advise on how to do it. Following your lead will mean they will never be able to assemble the Grand Prize.

It would seem so. The answer is to be good at something and then you like it. Maybe that's my problem, I suck at it so far but okay I'll give it another go.

You need to get to know George first. George is under the impression that Inno does not make enough money, so his sole purpose in the game is to help them make more money.

DeletedUser110327

Advise is a verb, I would advise you to take note. Advice is the noun, we give advice. No one here needs to be introduced to Agent, he owns the company and thinks that gives him the right to act as if he owns the company.

Thanks for taking the time to explain about the Max button, which isn't greyed out if you have enough for the +1, or + 5 or +11 or +19 or +48 and that's where the confusion lies. If you can't max out, it should be greyed out. The +1s are totally not necessary as you can +1 in the normal window. Too many brains here, they think too hard sometimes.

DeletedUser105522

After reading feedback on Beta and several pages of it here it seems to me like after 99% of horrible feedback INNO "hired" some trolls ( probably payid them diamonds) in order to start posting " thumbs up" feedbacks.... anyone else noticed that?
This event is a huge failure indeed ... if you wanted to make this event so complicated and time consuming why wouldn't you just make one more official game in INNO Games family along with FoE, TW, etc... I bet some kids would love to play this few hrs a day and collect millions of quadrillion of whatever they collect...
I joined FoE game for a reason and I dont want any other "mini games" in here...
We have already enough ( GE, GbG, GvG, events, Settlements, etc)...
Please dont do anything like this again ;)
Thank you

DeletedUser110327

Let's see now, it's only early days and I already have a Champ's Retreat, a Reno kit, 2 Celtic forest selection kits, and a Fawn forest, Next up is a Sentinal Tower and I should have that shortly, then a wishing well, then another Celtic Forest Selection kit. Perhaps if folks spent time learning the event rather than bitching they might find that this event is actually excellent. By the way, after reading millions of posts on thousands of forums, it seems to me that all the complaining is done by same infinitesimally tiny minority who just seem to like to complain no matter what comes their way.

Now 2 days into the event and I've won one thing, that I don't intend using and I'll probably sell and as things stand it'll be many days before i win anything else. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but this event is a non event.